Coltonamore

Time to stop Tron Bonne!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if people has mentioned this yet, but here it goes.

Remember the gameshark for Nintendo 64?
n64ar.jpg

If I remember correctly, it didn't have a lockout chip, and it needed a n64 game on top for it to even boot.
So maybe someone can do something like that, but for the 3ds.
you mean like a action replay for the 3ds mebey because of the cheat codes we could make our own cheat code that could lead to an explot, scine action replay is known to be a third party hacking device would that work.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't understand the difference between a 3DS/DS serial port and the one on the lockout chips in the NES/SNES/N64. They send the 3DS data over the same encrypted channel. And then they check to see if the signature matches their public encryption keyring. Yeah, it would be neat if it worked, though!

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP

If I remember correctly, it didn't have a lockout chip, and it needed a n64 game on top for it to even boot.

I thought that's kind of how the original passkey/superpass devices worked on the the DS, they needed an official game to get the slot-2 carts used at the time into DS mode.
I would assume Nintendo wise'd up on how to block situations like that on the 3DS.

8772345234511981.JPG

Reactions: 1 person

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I thought that's kind of how the original passkey/superpass devices worked on the the DS, they needed an official game to get the slot-2 carts used at the time into DS mode.
I would assume Nintendo wise'd up on how to block situations like that on the 3DS.

8772345234511981.JPG
if i recall there was a video around the 3ds's realese showing a device like this and it running in ds-mode on the 3ds

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

n64ar.jpg

you mean like a action replay for the 3ds mebey because of the cheat codes we could make our own cheat code that could lead to an explot, scine action replay is known to be a third party hacking device would that work.
No. Action replay is a CHEATING DEVICE not HACKING. It modifies ram in a game. NOT THE GAME ITSELF. If Datel actually manages to come out with an Action Replay 3DS, then we'd also need a code to boot 3DS homebrew, which is pretty hard.

I'm pretty sure the chances of an action replay 3DS coming out are near 0.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

n64ar.jpg

No. Action replay is a CHEATING DEVICE not HACKING. It modifies ram in a game. NOT THE GAME ITSELF. If Datel actually manages to come out with an Action Replay 3DS, then we'd also need a code to boot 3DS homebrew, which is pretty hard.

It will come after the flashcarts lol

NathanDuma

Trophies
XP

n64ar.jpg

As said above, it will probably come out after flashcarts come out.

8772345234511981.JPG
if i recall there was a video around the 3ds's realese showing a device like this and it running in ds-mode on the 3ds
I think that's how they started out, because 3ds flashcarts that run in ds mode have a retail game on it, so it reads that it's valid. Maybe this can work with the 3ds.

alphamule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how pray tell, do you think cheat devices allow you to cheat? I'm pretty sure that modifying stuff that the CPU sees counts as hacking. Master codes in fact essentially must be ROM patches.

Edit: OK, technically, maybe the word cracking might be more appropriate since you're breaking into existing code to modify things and not (usually) creating *clever and unique* code from scratch.

dsantoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

So i'm a proud new 3ds owner, i've just got an idea.

Do you know this service:
(i don't kow if i can post this link)
http://pokegts.us/

Basicly if you change the DNS of your wireless conection you will be able to receive Pokémon files trough the game WI-FI

Do you think that it is possible to do this, but to log on a eshop and receive games?

Sorry for my bad english.

Regards,
Dany

Edit: Of course not through here http://pokegts.us/ but with a server design to the eshop

NathanDuma

Trophies
XP
Hi,

Basicly if you change the DNS of your wireless conection you will be able to receive Pokémon files trough the game WI-FI

Do you think that it is possible to do this, but to log on a eshop and receive games?

Regards,
Dany

Edit: Of course not through here http://pokegts.us/ but with a server design to the eshop
I think this has been stated many times, and the answer is no. We need to encrypt the application somehow, which only Nintendo can do.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Regards,
Dany

no, no and more no

Rat.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
alright one crazy idea

Using a porgram called burpsuite you can intercept all of the commands that the 3DS makes to the server and can even intercept them and change the response or command

but i was thinking when you get to the screen on the 3DS in the store or what ever it is when you actually click on the download button and your download begins
intercept that one command on a pro app and record it then when you are downloading a free app on another 3DS replace the response command with the one from the paid game or app :)

please at least try to see if burpsuite can intercept those commands

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
alright one crazy idea

Using a porgram called burpsuite you can intercept all of the commands that the 3DS makes to the server and can even intercept them and change the response or command

but i was thinking when you get to the screen on the 3DS in the store or what ever it is when you actually click on the download button and your download begins
intercept that one command on a pro app and record it then when you are downloading a free app on another 3DS replace the response command with the one from the paid game or app :)

please at least try to see if burpsuite can intercept those commands

I don't know whether Burp Suite can record the data, but I don't think Nintendo is stupid enough to let you download paid apps by simply modifying it.

EDIT: Typo

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
---Crash report (probably useless)---

I finished my first run on Mario Kart 7.
Completed the last cup on 100cc (every cup was done on Gold) and after the credits it unlocked me the Mii character to use.

I then went to start a new race on 150cc GP, and after the little intro for the new character unlocked the game somehow crashed, in a strange way.
Actually the Game was still running, but I could do anything in it. No touch or keys response in the game.

The 3DS was still working fine, I pressed the Home button and closed the game.
Launching the game again fixed the issue (character was unlocked, no more animation).

Probably useless, but who knows. :P

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else notice you can hotswap SD Cards while a prompt is open on the 3DS menu?? Not sure if this could lead to anything.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone else notice you can hotswap SD Cards while a prompt is open on the 3DS menu?? Not sure if this could lead to anything.

Out of all the things i've seen in this thread, this one might actually have potential. What kind of prompt are you talking about specifically

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Out of all the things i've seen in this thread, this one might actually have potential. What kind of prompt are you talking about specifically
Close this suspended software, Camera can't be used while it is in use by suspended software, and New software has been added to the HOME menu should work too. The demo one too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🫂