Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vulpes Abnocto
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 460,013
  • Replies Replies 1,786
  • Likes Likes 1
I've also noticed awhile back when I had my bluetooth dongle on my computer, whenever the 3ds went into sleep mode, the dongle would pick it up. Anyone come across this before? I know the 3ds doesn't have bluetooth, it might be a wifi with similar broadcastings as bluetooth?

I just tried it and same happened with me. Not sure if is the dongle or the 3DS, as the dongle wasn't mine.
 
I've also noticed awhile back when I had my bluetooth dongle on my computer, whenever the 3ds went into sleep mode, the dongle would pick it up. Anyone come across this before? I know the 3ds doesn't have bluetooth, it might be a wifi with similar broadcastings as bluetooth?

I just tried it and same happened with me. Not sure if is the dongle or the 3DS, as the dongle wasn't mine.

Mine usually only picked it up for a second, then doesn't pick it up again unless I open and close the 3ds, and even then I have to time my bluetooth search. I do try to pair with it, and it asks for a pairing code, but that's as far as i've ever gotten.
 
How did you guys get the bluetooth to detect the 3DS? I confused as to that part. Just to confirm to anyone that asks, the dongle does work, I use it sometimes while playing with the wiimote. So care to tell how it is done?
 
Well with mine, I would just plug my dongle into the computer, then I close my 3ds. I try to scan for bluetooth, and it picks up what I believe is the 3ds, but it's all based on timing to me. I also think it's the age of my dongle(it's quite a few years old), as newer ones may not pick it up.
 
I had the dongle in and my 3DS was in sleep mode and it just picked it up. I wasn't able to connect though and after that the 3DS didn't get detected again.
 
And it'd be pretty simple to just download the same app over and over.

If you redownload the same file using the same encryption method, then it'll be the same no matter what!!! A simple math concept; if all the inputs are the same, then the output will be the same.

What's different with my idea is that the encryption is the same, but only one/a few address values are changing, so the file will be different. Because you know what values are changing, then you know that the file as a whole will look different, but will in fact be the same.



Here is an example equation:

Y = x(o+z)

Y is the data/file that appears on the SD card (encrypted)
o is the original data/file (unencrypted)
x is the encryption method
z is either any part of the whole process that may or may not exist. Hopefully the latter.


If you have two sets of "Y", know that their respective "o" values are the same, and figure out the "z", then you can set them equal to each other to find the x
 
Recently I came across some crashes and or glitches.

Visiting Gamestop's website on the 3DS browser locks up the system, requiring a force reboot.

In VVVVVV, the flip mode displays a black screen at the top.
Another glitch I experienced in VVVVVV is that I got to the Comms part where you talk to Violet, I put my 3DS to sleep. I came back I was at the ship, Violet wasn't anywhere to be found, and the first area (the yellow area) isn't on my map. It just pushed me to the ship. Same effects as the flip mode glitch where I can't see anything. Even worse is that I couldn't pause and exit. The whole thing seemed like the BEN copy of Majora's Mask. Home menu worked though, and I could relaunch it, and I started a new game.

Possible exploits via browser (such as Jailbreakme) or a VVVVVV modified file or something? I doubt the browser thing as it's a simple crash, but people theorized they could use the Metroid password to exploit the system as well.

I suppose I could attempt to reproduce the glitch where I appeared at the ship, but I know for a fact the flip mode is easily reproducable.

Just wanting to share some interesting findings that could possibly assist in cracking open the 3DS.
 
Oh boy. Now we're figuring out what we can crash. AMAZING.
Since we know brute force is out of the question... Let's see if someone finds a crappy unencrypted game. If its shovelware I wouldnt be surprised.
 
I've always wondered why the 3DS took so long to close a program or switch programs in 3DS Mode. I don't know if it's true, but i think that it's not just closing the program but making sure that the program is genuine and that the system is actually safe during the process. So in other words, it's making sure no unsigned programs are being run, detecting if any unauthorized code is attempting to be written, and that the program that's active right now cannot be crashed and exploited. But it's just a thought though.
 
I've always wondered why the 3DS took so long to close a program or switch programs in 3DS Mode. I don't know if it's true, but i think that it's not just closing the program but making sure that the program is genuine and that the system is actually safe during the process. So in other words, it's making sure no unsigned programs are being run, detecting if any unauthorized code is attempting to be written, and that the program that's active right now cannot be crashed and exploited. But it's just a thought though.
That would be genius on Nintendo's part..
I would honestly not be surprised it that were happening.
 
The crash has to effect the game AND the 3DS software, correct? In that case, I have a few of those crashes handy if anyone is curious
 
The only idea that I could think of was the following:

Everytime the 3DS receives a spotpass message on the message board, and when you entire Mii Plaza, the 3DS will then say "Spotpass Encounters: ##" or something of the like.
I also heard that the Mii data is possibly stored on the SD card, so if that is true, wouldn't there be a file on the SD card holding the amount of spotpasses, Puzzle Swap pieces, etc???

Nope. Mii plaza data is stored on the system's internal memory. I did a system transfer and forgot to swap the card at the end and my Mii plaza data was still all there.
 

Site & Scene News