Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cannibal Corpse is one of the more popular slam bands. IMO, it's the most brutal form of death metal. It has the signature biscuit tin snare and just sounds like an absolute train crash.

This is my ex-girlfriend. Figured I'd post it since nobody's mentioned any female vocalists.

And here's another one.

That's a chick? You shouldn't have let her go lol. Most female metal bands I know aren't that heavy, except maybe otep..

Last edited by WeedZ,
Reactions: RustInPeace

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That's a chick? You shouldn't have let her go lol.
She let me go. Sadly, drugs were more important to me at the time than her. I regret losing her, but I've since moved on and accept what happened. We're still friends and talk a lot. We actually collaborate on musical projects as well. We both did the vocals in this, while she did the guitar track and I did the synth work.

http://stuff.basementla.bz/Joom's Stuff/Music/disease.mp3

Oh the life of a musician is a hard one...

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
She let me go. Sadly, drugs were more important to me at the time than her. I regret losing her, but I've since moved on and accept what happened. We're still friends and talk a lot. We actually collaborate on musical projects as well. We both did the vocals in this, while she did the guitar track and I did the synth work.

http://stuff.basementla.bz/Joom's Stuff/Music/disease.mp3

Oh the life of a musician is a hard one...
Sucks dude, but I went through that shit as well. So I know how rough it is.

The songs got kind of a static-x, mushroomhead feel. I dig it.

Reactions: RustInPeace

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Sucks dude, but I went through that shit as well. So I know how rough it is.

The songs got kind of a static-x, mushroomhead feel. I dig it.
Thanks. I've been composing industrial music and subgenres of it for nearly a decade now. It's a very fun genre since it typically blends my two favorite genres; dance music and death metal. That song is actually pretty different from what I normally do, though that's why I like collaborating with other artists. That's also the fun part of industrial music; there is no set definition for what the genre has to be and can include anything and everything from other genres.

For example: http://stuff.basementla.bz/Joom's Stuff/Music/01 Deception.mp3

Also, sorry for getting off topic, but at least my music uses the relevant vocals. :P

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: WeedZ

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This song is amazing. The whole album is amazing. If it's metal? I'm not sure... is it? I've heard a thousand different genres applied to this band; Metal, Sludge, Post-Hardcore (lol no), Emo, Post-Rock.

Either way!
Singing is in English, and throughout the whole album there's this reading in Swedish that's from a mentally sick person's diary and texts / interviews written by people around that person.
Dealing with depression, bi-polar disorder, suicidal thoughts (and attempts).

Extremely satisfying to listen to in my opinion. And if you like this song, check out the whole album: "Blazing Fires And Helicopters On The Frontpage Of The Newspaper. There's A War Going On And I'm Marching In Heavy Boots"

Suffocate For Fuck Sake - Twenty-Six And Full of Plans

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This song is amazing. The whole album is amazing. If it's metal? I'm not sure... is it? I've heard a thousand different genres applied to this band; Metal, Sludge, Post-Hardcore (lol no), Emo, Post-Rock.

Either way!
Singing is in English, and throughout the whole album there's this reading in Swedish that's from a mentally sick person's diary and texts / interviews written by people around that person.

Extremely satisfying to listen to in my opinion. And if you like this song, check out the whole album: "Blazing Fires And Helicopters On The Frontpage Of The Newspaper. There's A War Going On And I'm Marching In Heavy Boots"

If I had to give it a genre it's like alternative grunge metal lol but it's interesting since they are mixing many types of music, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States

Either way!

Very hard to place a genre with this one, actually. Sludge probably fits it best, but it doesn't follow typical sludge tropes. I'd also give it an ambient black tag. It's nowhere near post-hardcore, emo, or post-rock though. Very interesting album. Thanks for posting.

Edit: Now that I think of it, it really follows the drone genre like Sunn O))). That's probably the best description I can think of.

Edit 2: Now that I've listened more, it sounds more like funeral doom. Very melancholy yet drone like.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely need more black metal in here.

Sigrblot is a rather obscure band, but their only full length is absolutely amazing (minus the cover...).

Summoning is a bit more well known, and when it comes to atmospheric black metal, you probably won't find anything better.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm listening to more from this band, and holy fuck. Thank you for introducing me to this. It's just the kind of melancholy music I've been looking for.
Another song from them, from their self titled album, is "Le Gilet Fraternel". It's a bit lighter in tone, and more Emo. (in my opinion).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.