Homebrew Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it the hardmod with the injector soldered inside of the Switch case?
No, Fusee Gelee aka shofel2 aka CVE-2018-6242 involves sending a payload while the console is in RCM. Since RCM is triggered before the main operating system, Horizon, is running, it is technically a coldboot. The issue is that payloads have to be sent externally so it is treated as a tethered coldboot exploit. The "hardmod" you speak of uses the same exploit. Its just that instead of having the payload sent externally, people found a way to install a modchip inside that can push payloads internally giving off the effect of an "untethered coldboot"

Reactions: BigOnYa

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, Fusee Gelee aka shofel2 aka CVE-2018-6242 involves sending a payload while the console is in RCM. Since RCM is triggered before the main operating system, Horizon, is running, it is technically a coldboot. The issue is that payloads have to be sent externally so it is treated as a tethered coldboot exploit. The "hardmod" you speak of uses the same exploit. Its just that instead of having the payload sent externally, people found a way to install a modchip inside that can push payloads internally giving off the effect of an "untethered coldboot"
Ahh okay. Well I guess I meant coldbooting without RCM or a tethered method at all is what I really want.
But I guess I wouldn't have to do it that often, and I always have a phone with me, so I can get over it until another method is found some day.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it be cool to see some type of simple game maker homebrew, so peeps can try make they're own homebrew games on the switch itself...of-course would not have to be detailed or in-depth but something more to learn, esp for when on the go.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use the switch as a dongle to connect the joycons to pc.
A homebrew that let's you pair your joycons to your switch and then plug the switch into a pc via a usb-c usb-a cable and have it show up as either a Switch pro controller or Xbox 360 controller.
This would eliminate the need to re pair your joycons each time you want to connect to your pc and you wouldn't need any software on your pc to "join" the two joycons and features such as gyro would simply be passed through to the emulated pro controller.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for something to dump titleID & game name to a document on the SD card of the installed titles on the switch.
I believe to do so you need to use `nsListApplicationRecord` the closest application I've seen that can do this is

switch cheats updater

which dumps a updated.dat file into a config folder.
Capture.PNG

DBI.nro seems to list all tickets and id's but i can't find a way to dump them into a document.

I can't code, i did download devkitpro and attempt to make something myself but I'm not going to lie folks it's beyond me
it would help me to make icons for my switch rather than going one by one and looking at the titleID.

I believe if something like this was made HoTsHoTz79 NX-Game-Icon-Customizer could eventually utilise the file to find
icons that match the title IDs. unsure if this is possible to make or not?

Last edited by SodaSoba,

Litvinkov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Sysmodule that will convert gyro input to right/left stick, mostly for implementing gyro aiming in games that are not supporting it like RE4.
do you know if maybe such a thing was already created? i just thought about it recently and it seems like a great idea, especially to someone who never played any FPS on any console before, i have no idea how people can aim with a stick and say they're enjoying the game. It ruins the whole thing for me, the aiming seems impossible.

LoliBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing a lot of tetr.io and I think this game would be great to have on the go, especially if it would work on banned consoles.

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm looking for something to dump titleID & game name to a document on the SD card of the installed titles on the switch.
I believe to do so you need to use `nsListApplicationRecord` the closest application I've seen that can do this is

switch cheats updater

which dumps a updated.dat file into a config folder.
View attachment 250411

DBI.nro seems to list all tickets and id's but i can't find a way to dump them into a document.

I can't code, i did download devkitpro and attempt to make something myself but I'm not going to lie folks it's beyond me
it would help me to make icons for my switch rather than going one by one and looking at the titleID.

I believe if something like this was made HoTsHoTz79 NX-Game-Icon-Customizer could eventually utilise the file to find
icons that match the title IDs. unsure if this is possible to make or not?
Do you still need it? I can whip it out for you if you want

Reactions: SodaSoba

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you still need it? I can whip it out for you if you want

Very much so!
It would become very handy for identifying which titles are installed on the system and possibly using it to integrate the output (text or dat) to match titleIDs for custom icons.

@HoTsHoTz79 has made an app that speeds up putting icons on the system, sometimes when I'm batch transferring I miss titles or my forwarders have incorrect tid.

I've seen a ticket dB in dbi and similar in tinfoil but dbi doesn't dump tid and tinfoil seems to dump the larger tid with the keys which I don't need.

I lack the skills required to make an app but I know the ability does exist as I've seen various apps that seem get tid just not dump.

It would be awesome to fetch the game name next to the tid for help with identifying too.

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Very much so!
It would become very handy for identifying which titles are installed on the system and possibly using it to integrate the output (text or dat) to match titleIDs for custom icons.

@HoTsHoTz79 has made an app that speeds up putting icons on the system, sometimes when I'm batch transferring I miss titles or my forwarders have incorrect tid.

I've seen a ticket dB in dbi and similar in tinfoil but dbi doesn't dump tid and tinfoil seems to dump the larger tid with the keys which I don't need.

I lack the skills required to make an app but I know the ability does exist as I've seen various apps that seem get tid just not dump.

It would be awesome to fetch the game name next to the tid for help with identifying too.
https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/nx-titles-list-dumper
There you go

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:P Any one can port the pegasus-frontend for switch?

GitHub - mmatyas/pegasus-frontend: A cross platform, customizable graphical frontend for launching emulators and managing your game collection.
https://github.com/mmatyas/pegasus-frontend

Oh, Sign me up ! RetroArch is great but, a nice click and play for all systems would rock, I would be happy emulation station like on the PI... if that was possable...

Reactions: jasonhk

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by SodaSoba, , Reason: tested & kudos to Homlet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks