Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Quantumcat, Aug 11, 2018.

1. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Request:
    https://github.com/inorichi/tachiyomi

If possible, can this get a port to a homebrew? The Switch seems like a perfect little system for this app. I like the screen on my Switch compared to my sharp phone. (Thank you genetics!)

2. CrazyRach82

CrazyRach82 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before on this thread, but does anyone know what happened to home-brew theme hospital? was it removed? Thanks

3. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
  4. CrazyRach82

CrazyRach82 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2017
  5. tommasi

tommasi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2006
    Canada
    File transfer from microSD to internal storage?

6. Onceset

Onceset Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I’m here to talk about an idea I had after Mario 64 was decompiled. I thought that I port to the switch would be an unoriginal idea. (No idea if it’s been done.) I was thinking about a HD mode added to the port to make it a little more HD of the user wanted but can still play an original version? Can someone tell me if this has been done yet? Thanks.

7. KnightRiderX420

KnightRiderX420 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    KnightRiderX420 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 24, 2018
    United States
    my question is, if pynx is really python for the switch and kodi is basically a python coded app why aren't there more python things coded and running on the switch? if pynx is indeed real there could be a lot more things made such as file sharing apps like hell even a form of BT. my conclusion is python needs to be coded more so we can have a library of apps that actualy function and are usefull... Even if they have to be started from a terminal. if they are worth using its not a big deal. cheers :)

Last edited by KnightRiderX420, Sep 14, 2019 at 4:34 PM
  8. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    From what I read about it, it will take a lot of time and work before we see any full ports based on the decompilation, because the code will need to be adapted to modern compilers as well as totally different graphics libraries etc. It's entirely technically possible, but don't hold your breath for anything soon.

Onceset likes this.
  9. Onceset

Onceset Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for this, I might start working on adapting it and post it somewhere if I finish it or even get far enough to a fairly “good” state.

10. NoNAND

NoNAND The missing chip

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    I'm not sure any one will follow but, I've been playing around with the Pokemon fan made PC games and came to realize something.
    It would be quite neat to have those games ported over to the switch.
    Pokemon Zeta, Omicron, Uranium etc on the go wouldn't look bad.
    The switch is more than capable of handling such games.

11. PhyChris

PhyChris GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2009
    Canada
    sup, any FPS ports on the switch that have the possibility of split-screen in any form?

Edit: Answered my own question. no. lol

Last edited by PhyChris, Sep 17, 2019 at 2:57 PM
  12. haxan

haxan GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2011
    in my room?
    Would it be possible to make a homebrew that disables the capture button somehow?

13. jhonnypolak

jhonnypolak Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2008
    A Sega Model 2 emulator would be great !!
    Maybe even Sega Model 3 ?