Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Quantumcat, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    I know it's not specifically a switch homebrew, but is there any way to grab savestates from a legit switch while they're being transfered to the cloud? like by reading network transmissions?

2. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Maybe tool for easy read of detailed user game statistics like playtime? Something like in devmenu, but much more complex. We have for almost a month functions for it in libnx like
    appletQueryApplicationPlayStatisticsByUid

and example for it - simple cousin without uid - appletQueryApplicationPlayStatistics
    https://github.com/switchbrew/switch-examples/tree/master/applet/app-playstats

I'm too newbie for it sadly. :(

Last edited by masagrator, Jul 24, 2019
  3. sayja

sayja Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2018
    Swaziland
    A tool to rotate the screen while in handheld. Like just upside down or something if that's even remotely possible or doesn't exist already :)

4. wiitendo84

wiitendo84 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    New Albany, Indiana
    Has anyone made mention of making a pointer search tool for the pc to use for ram dumps? I know noexs can search for pointers but sx cant. Sometimes using noexs doesnt find a viable pointer either. I'm genuinely curious about it.

5. Galebourn

Galebourn Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I'd love to have a homebrew that posts screenshots to a hoster of my choice

6. Cacx101

Cacx101 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2019
    United States
    Maybe a port of Pokemon Essentials (the engine). I would love to see games like Pokemon Insurgence run on the switch.

7. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    Requesting some type of homebrew that puts strain on the cpu/gpu while keeping track of clock speeds, temperatures and fan speed over time?

Basically as a way to compare before/after thermal paste replacements (and other thermal mods) to make comparisons more objective.

8. MrBob007

MrBob007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    Germany
    I cannot wait for a OpenXcom port. :sleep:

Last edited by MrBob007, Aug 11, 2019
  9. Spadezilla

Spadezilla GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2013
    United States
    I would love some control over the fan or a more aggressive fan curve! Especially for those of us who have aftermarket dock shells.

Similarly, maybe something to let us control the battery state of charge or limit the charging current? My laptop has a setting that keeps the battery between 40% and 70% when plugged in, the goal is to minimize heat and the number of charging cycles so that the battery can last a longer lifetime.

10. firestorm2yk

firestorm2yk Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2010
  11. Spadezilla

Spadezilla GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2013
    United States
    if fan control is not possible, an app or something to run in background that allows us to monitor temperatures would be nice

12. Nopadet

Nopadet Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Something to disable parental controls would be really helpful. I added it for my son before hacking and now I can't disable them permanently since it requires an app and a non-safe DNS setting.

13. Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake Constant Miscreant

Oct 6, 2013
    Australia
    Hyrule Field
    A pc port of redneck rampage please

14. jjjexorcist

jjjexorcist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    Thailand
    Epsxe with opengl graphic.

15. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    reboot to payload that pauses until you insert a new sd, then reads the payload, not sure if its possible, but not a bad idea

16. gabisenk

gabisenk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    Romania
    Anyone know anything about a hexen 2 port? It is a bummer if I have started the heretic/hexen series without actually finish it on the switch ;)

17. gabisenk

gabisenk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2017
    Romania
    Sorry mistake repost

18. aarti

aarti Killua Zoldyck

Jul 24, 2017
    Germany
    a mario kart 8 deluxe mod that adds point in lan mode, only visible for one self though
    (if possible, points could be stored on a server and be seen ingame for everyone)