Hardware Possibly getting a 3DS soon.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that there are a lot of issues with the new hardware and I'm going to have enough cash to get a 3DS on Friday. Is getting one early worth the possibility of getting one with some issues?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not one issue. I guess tho the possibly is the same as in now or later.
laugh.gif

Yes, just turn it back in if you have any issues.

btw any wobble that doesn't affect any gameplay is fine.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 3D works perfectly, the wobble does not effect u at all, its good gameplay, looks nice and yes it is worth getting

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was just coming to make a thread about the 3ds...

i sampled it in best buy. i can see where the eye strain would happen, but that wouldn't stop me from buying it. the main problem i have is the appeal. i had a dsixl, this to me seems like a downgrade (please don't flame me, im not trollling, hear me out). the 3d part, it looks cool as hell, the wii-like interface and all the extras you get sound cool, but for $250. nah not really. i'd rather buy a sick ass video card for the pc for that price. or a high end card and some more memory.

point is depends on what your interests are. i don't see spending 250 for a system that has like ~15 games being release between now and end of june and having a smaller screen (i know it has to for the 3d effect). i say buy the dsixl and a scdstwo for less money.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna be all chatty and will get straight to the answer. It's awesome, get it.

Me, my 2 brothers, and my friend have one. No problems.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
i was just coming to make a thread about the 3ds...

i sampled it in best buy. i can see where the eye strain would happen, but that wouldn't stop me from buying it. the main problem i have is the appeal. i had a dsixl, this to me seems like a downgrade (please don't flame me, im not trollling, hear me out). the 3d part, it looks cool as hell, the wii-like interface and all the extras you get sound cool, but for $250. nah not really. i'd rather buy a sick ass video card for the pc for that price. or a high end card and some more memory.

point is depends on what your interests are. i don't see spending 250 for a system that has like ~15 games being release between now and end of june and having a smaller screen (i know it has to for the 3d effect). i say buy the dsixl and a scdstwo for less money.
There is alot of stuff pack in and with the 3DS. $250 is far. Specially when May comes.
happy.gif
~15 That only been announce, there are more coming.

Some out of that is good and great and it not like you going buy ~15 games in one go.

Saying the 3DS is a downgrade just because of the screen is crazy specially if you look at the up coming games.

This isn't about other things, this is about the 3DS on it own.

Can you honestly tell me that is a downgrade?

Link

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be the best handheld yet.. YES! What will complete the 3DS is awesome future titles, e-Shop, and browser coming late May. Along with games themselves we'll also get other killer apps such as Virtual Console and 3D Classics. Of course you can play your awesome DS games on it too. Doesn't get better than this 8).

CherrySkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't mind waiting for totally good games to play, and don't think that $250 is a bit... overpriced, go and get it =3, you won't regret it.

But if you feel like using your money on something that you could "use" more, like a graphics card etc, better save some money and get it on May o.o

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
I say get it. Yes, the current games are lacking, and the good games are coming later, but there is plenty on the system itself to have fun with that you don't have to pay any extra for. Not only that but there are great games coming in a couple months that makes it worth having, and my thought is it's better to spread the spending (buy the 3DS now and games later, $350+?) over a few months than to do it all at once.

As for the whole DSiXL vs 3DS thing, remember, the DSiXL was originally marketed as a DSi for old people with bad eyesight who wanted to play Brain Age to keep their minds sharp. Yes, bigger screens is a plus for just about everyone (I'm personally not a fan, it's a little too big for my taste) but to me 3D>bigger screen. Not only that, but buying a XL (or anything from the DS gen) now seems kinda foolish since the DS is going to be starting the phase out process soon and then you'll have bought a full price system that can't play the newest games and you can trade in for a fraction of what it's worth. Not worth it IMHO. 3DS plays DS games and if you want to play GBA games on it you can get a Supercard DStwo to use until they add GBA to the eshop. That's my 2c at least.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're really keen on the library I'd still say wait a bit (like a month). The used market will be fuller around that time if you're into that and the number of released games will start adding up. It's better than buying it currently and feeling obligated to buy a title that you don't particularly want.

If you're not too keen, I'd say wait until the NGP. That's what I'm doing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
Guild McCommunist said:
If you're not too keen, I'd say wait until the NGP. That's what I'm doing.

Which could very well have the same kind of problems and lack of good launch titles when it launches. Just saying that there's a chance it can happen, under both categories.

Well I didn't say "BUY IT IMMEDIATELY", I said wait for it. If you like the NGP's line up, features, whatever more than the 3DS, then get it.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're worried about having hardware related issues with your 3DS, but you really want to get one, buy one, and keep the receipt handy.

It was about time that I updated, and I like fighting games, so I bought the 3DS with SSFIV3DE on launch. Ultimately it's a gaming device, so if there's nothing on it at the moment that catches your eye, then wait until there is one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!