Possibly getting a 3DS soon.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DrOctapu, Apr 8, 2011.

Apr 8, 2011

Possibly getting a 3DS soon. by DrOctapu at 2:25 AM (1,304 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. DrOctapu
    OP

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    I've heard that there are a lot of issues with the new hardware and I'm going to have enough cash to get a 3DS on Friday. Is getting one early worth the possibility of getting one with some issues?

2. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I have not one issue. I guess tho the possibly is the same as in now or later. [​IMG]

Yes, just turn it back in if you have any issues.

btw any wobble that doesn't affect any gameplay is fine.

3. CCNaru

Member CCNaru Warn-free Since 2005

United States
    I'd say wait til June... not a lot of games out yet that I'd get a 3DS for yet.

4. haddad

Member haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    The 3D works perfectly, the wobble does not effect u at all, its good gameplay, looks nice and yes it is worth getting

5. mdlmemorybank

Newcomer mdlmemorybank Advanced Member

United States
  6. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i was just coming to make a thread about the 3ds...

i sampled it in best buy. i can see where the eye strain would happen, but that wouldn't stop me from buying it. the main problem i have is the appeal. i had a dsixl, this to me seems like a downgrade (please don't flame me, im not trollling, hear me out). the 3d part, it looks cool as hell, the wii-like interface and all the extras you get sound cool, but for $250. nah not really. i'd rather buy a sick ass video card for the pc for that price. or a high end card and some more memory.

point is depends on what your interests are. i don't see spending 250 for a system that has like ~15 games being release between now and end of june and having a smaller screen (i know it has to for the 3d effect). i say buy the dsixl and a scdstwo for less money.

7. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Not gonna be all chatty and will get straight to the answer. It's awesome, get it.

Me, my 2 brothers, and my friend have one. No problems.

8. lompoc

Banned lompoc Banned

United States
    get one from target are wallmart you get 90 days to get money back good deal

9. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    There is alot of stuff pack in and with the 3DS. $250 is far. Specially when May comes. [​IMG] ~15 That only been announce, there are more coming.

Some out of that is good and great and it not like you going buy ~15 games in one go.

Saying the 3DS is a downgrade just because of the screen is crazy specially if you look at the up coming games.

This isn't about other things, this is about the 3DS on it own.

Can you honestly tell me that is a downgrade?

Link

10. DrOctapu
    OP

Member DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    Thanks for all the info guys. Most likely buying one this weekend.

11. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's going to be the best handheld yet.. YES! What will complete the 3DS is awesome future titles, e-Shop, and browser coming late May. Along with games themselves we'll also get other killer apps such as Virtual Console and 3D Classics. Of course you can play your awesome DS games on it too. Doesn't get better than this 8).

12. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Get one on May. Thats the real release of the 3ds.

13. CherrySkitty

Member CherrySkitty GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    If you don't mind waiting for totally good games to play, and don't think that $250 is a bit... overpriced, go and get it =3, you won't regret it.

But if you feel like using your money on something that you could "use" more, like a graphics card etc, better save some money and get it on May o.o

14. Donald Serrot

Member Donald Serrot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I say get it. Yes, the current games are lacking, and the good games are coming later, but there is plenty on the system itself to have fun with that you don't have to pay any extra for. Not only that but there are great games coming in a couple months that makes it worth having, and my thought is it's better to spread the spending (buy the 3DS now and games later, $350+?) over a few months than to do it all at once.

As for the whole DSiXL vs 3DS thing, remember, the DSiXL was originally marketed as a DSi for old people with bad eyesight who wanted to play Brain Age to keep their minds sharp. Yes, bigger screens is a plus for just about everyone (I'm personally not a fan, it's a little too big for my taste) but to me 3D>bigger screen. Not only that, but buying a XL (or anything from the DS gen) now seems kinda foolish since the DS is going to be starting the phase out process soon and then you'll have bought a full price system that can't play the newest games and you can trade in for a fraction of what it's worth. Not worth it IMHO. 3DS plays DS games and if you want to play GBA games on it you can get a Supercard DStwo to use until they add GBA to the eshop. That's my 2c at least.

15. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I'm just bummed out that i don't see anyone else who has a 3DS. yes i get a few Streetpass tags sometimes but I just don't see as many people who has a 3DS compared to the original DS launch.

16. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    If you're really keen on the library I'd still say wait a bit (like a month). The used market will be fuller around that time if you're into that and the number of released games will start adding up. It's better than buying it currently and feeling obligated to buy a title that you don't particularly want.

If you're not too keen, I'd say wait until the NGP. That's what I'm doing.

17. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Which could very well have the same kind of problems and lack of good launch titles when it launches. Just saying that there's a chance it can happen, under both categories.

18. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well I didn't say "BUY IT IMMEDIATELY", I said wait for it. If you like the NGP's line up, features, whatever more than the 3DS, then get it.

19. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you're worried about having hardware related issues with your 3DS, but you really want to get one, buy one, and keep the receipt handy.

It was about time that I updated, and I like fighting games, so I bought the 3DS with SSFIV3DE on launch. Ultimately it's a gaming device, so if there's nothing on it at the moment that catches your eye, then wait until there is one.