Hardware Possible to put a GBA SP Bright screen in old SP??

syph007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I googled for this, but nothing turned up. I've got an older fire red SP with the dull screen, and a newer SP with the bright. The old one looks horrible now in comparison. I see the bright screens on ebay for 22 bucks.. anyone know if it would work on an older SP? I guess i could take the 2 apart i have right now and try, but i'd rather not have to if someone else might know?

syph007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes, but would the old SP main board work with the new screen? I just wondered if anyone knew.. like ar teh connections completely different, etc?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You know I always wondered the very same for the original GBA...................I still have one in excellent condition, and also a GBA SP2 backlit...............I always dreamed of fitting the backlit screen into the original GBA............and enjoy the landscape orientation.......
But I'm sure there is a lot of issues like voltage, battery drainage and connector types, not to mention the physical fitting of the screen.
But it should be an interesting project never the less................if I had a spare SP2 around willing to sacrifice !

syph007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Darn it, I finally found an answer... they are not cross compatible in any way between the 001 and 101 versions. At least thats what the seller of the bright screens reported back anyway.

zerolinks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They dont work with eachother so I just used the entire mother board and screen and put it in a nes style gba sp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y