foxm2k2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

is that possible?
And is it practically playable? (concerning lags, crashes or something)

if possible, is there some kind of softmod to get homebrew (emulators) on the 3ds or is there a functionality with certain flashcards?

Thanks a lot!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi,

is that possible?
And is it practically playable? (concerning lags, crashes or something)

if possible, is there some kind of softmod to get homebrew (emulators) on the 3ds or is there a functionality with certain flashcards?

Thanks a lot!
with a copy of cubic ninja you can have homebrew, but you have to be on 4.5-9.2,there is snes,gba,gb/gbc emulators available for that route all early stages, but pretty much playable
with a flashcard you can access the virtual console emulators and inject alternate roms into them and play GB/GBC that way (but gba VC isnt really doable atm), but the snes,GBA,gb/gbc emulators are usable....but again that is only possible from 4.0-9.2
and if you have already updated to 9.3-9.4 there is the option of the DSTWO ( a NDS flashcard)which can play SNES, GB/GBC and a lot of GBA games (although GBA is a little bit hit and miss from what i have read)....but its a bit of a battery drainer

foxm2k2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, thanks for your answers. I will try to find a dstwo somewhere around.
Regarding homebrew.. is it possible to downgrade to 4.5-9.2 in order to use cubic ninja?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok, thanks for your answers. I will try to find a dstwo somewhere around.
Regarding homebrew.. is it possible to downgrade to 4.5-9.2 in order to use cubic ninja?
nope unfortunately not, unless you have a nand backup from your console when it was on 1.x-9.2, but even then it would require a hardware mod.....but yeah DSTWO is awol, you might want to consider a cheap R4 card like this
http://www.3dsgamerworld.com/r4i-gold-3ds-rts-for-3ds-3ds-xl-2ds-dsi-dsi-xl-p-2.html
they can't do GBA and snes so well, but GB/GBC are fine on them, and they work on 9.4

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
DSTwo is awol?
yeah nowhere has the DSTWO in stock, they are apparently meant to be releasing a 2 in 1 3DS card soon ™....but its likely going to be a 4.x (or 9.2 if they have time to copy the new exploit)....and will no doubt be pretty expensive for someone who only wants the GBA emulation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1