Homebrew Possible to create homebrew to adjust control settings?

tehsquirrel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.... Would it be possible to make a homebrew (app or mod or w.e) that could remap or adjust the controls (outside of the game level) or even emulate certain wii hardware using a classic controller such as a guitar or dance pad.

It could even allow gamecube controllers to be used in wii games that don't support it or maybe even allow the wii mote to control the axis on a different controller (like using the wii mote in games that are made for a dpad), I'm not saying that everybody needs those features but there are a few games where I would like to adjust the control patterns like you would in an emulator on the computer.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So.... Would it be possible to make a homebrew (app or mod or w.e) that could remap or adjust the controls (outside of the game level) or even emulate certain wii hardware using a classic controller such as a guitar or dance pad.

It could even allow gamecube controllers to be used in wii games that don't support it or maybe even allow the wii mote to control the axis on a different controller (like using the wii mote in games that are made for a dpad), I'm not saying that everybody needs those features but there are a few games where I would like to adjust the control patterns like you would in an emulator on the computer.
everything is not possable. although someone could create a cheatcode that works on gecko os like that

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The homebrew would have to me in memory all the time.
Though, the wii can't run two different thing at the same time, it's not a multi-processing console.

It's either the homebrew OR the game.

The best way to achives what you want is to apply game patches individually (each games works differently, there's no specific pad reader in games, developers create their own).
Either physical patches (change in the file), or memory patches (Ocarina/Debugger) while in game.

As far as I know, it has been done only to 1 game (and I don't remember which one).
But the Gamecube controls were already coded in the game, it wasn't added from scratch, only redirected. (or maybe I confound with SD card redirection from SSBB?)

tehsquirrel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm thinking like a computer where the o/s interfaces with the hardware but I guess the games are built to address wii hardware that never changes and is hardcoded into the games. Thanks for the info, guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?