Possible to change around the way that my game saves...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by SG, Nov 1, 2010.

1. SG
    OP

SG GBAtemp Fan

Mar 29, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    I'd like to alphabetise them and maybe put them by category (VC/Wiiware/disc games). Is there any way to do this? Maybe with the help of a homebrew app or even just normally? It looks so disorganised!

2. Nintendo_Chick

Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
    You mean in the system menu? How often do you even go there?

3. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    i believe the system menu just shows them in order ( or maybe reverse order ) that the folders are created. There is no homebrew that allows you to re-order them. But if youre really brave, you can delete them all and re-install them in whatever order you want them to be displayed in ( or maybe the reverse of that ).

You could also get on nintendo's website and ask about it in their support forum. Theres a chance that somebody that actually has some pull will read your request and it may get included in a future system menu update. Seeing as how thev'ye not included anything useful in teh past few updates, i think theyre due for some feature that users will notice and appreciate.

4. Nintendo_Chick

Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG]

5. smash_brew

smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    extracting your saves and then reinstalling then in the order that you would like seems like a feasible idea. it surly wouldn't hurt anything. worse case scenario they end up back in the same order.
    and @ nintendo_chick: I don't see mentioning this to nintendo as being that funny. if a major corporation didn't listen to their end user's then there would be no reason for focus groups right? where else would they get ideas to improve their products? and i believe one word posts are against the rules. i think that also applies to emoticons.

6. SG
    OP

SG GBAtemp Fan

Mar 29, 2007
    Bristol, UK
    Thanks, do you mean folders or data.bin?

Is there a way to play around with them on the S card on my PC to recreate new folders and whack them in?