Hacking Possible solution to everyone's USB problems...

sznaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to compusa today and purchased a kinsignton USB switch. Like this one:http://us.kensington.com/html/15706.html, now when i have only the hard drive pointed to the wii, usbloader cannot recognize the hard drive, but ftpii can. I don't know what stops usbloader from being able to recognize it, but I have the USB dump information. I understand that USBLoader can only have 1 device connected at a time, but with a usb switch like this we could then switch around to the other devices as needed. Do you think it's possible to add support for usbloader to see throuh the hub and to the hard drive? Any input is appreciated...

Code:
USB Device Details

bLength: 18
bDescriptorType: 1
bcdUSB:ÂÂ2.00
bDeviceClass: 9
bDeviceSubClass: 0
bDeviceProtocol: 0
bMaxPacketSize0: 64
idVendor: 0x0424
idProduct: 0x2524
bcdDevice:ÂÂ0.00
iManufacturer: 0
iProduct: 0
iSerialNumber: 0
bNumConfigurations: 1
Config Descriptors:
ÂÂÂÂbLength: 9
ÂÂÂÂbDescriptorType: 2
ÂÂÂÂwTotalLength: 25
ÂÂÂÂbNumInterfaces: 1
ÂÂÂÂbConfigurationValue: 1
ÂÂÂÂiConfiguration: 0
ÂÂÂÂbmAttributes: 0xe0
ÂÂÂÂbMaxPower: 1
ÂÂÂÂInterface Descriptors:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbLength: 9
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbDescriptorType: 4
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbInterfaceNumber: 0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbAlternateSetting: 0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbNumEndpoints: 1
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbInterfaceClass: 9
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbInterfaceSubClass: 0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbInterfaceProtocol: 0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂiInterface: 0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂEndpoint Descriptors:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbLength: 7
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbDescriptorType: 5
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbEndpointAddress: 0x81
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbmAttributes: 0x03
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂwMaxPacketSize: 0x0001
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂbInterval: 255

Also, all the other devices, besides the hard drive can be switch, USB ethernet and wii speak can be switched to and from the wii without any issue, only the hard drive cannot be recognized by the loader.

Another benefit is also having the ability to connect a usb cable from the hub to your computer and another to the wii, this way to put games on the hard drive with WBFS you don't have to unplug and replug constantly it's just push of a button between the two.

nasakii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about this...

If your playing Rock band, you would need to stream from the hdd and use the instrument at the same time.

Also, if you're PC is so close to your TV, you could save a couple bucks and get a FlatMii. Mount a game from the PC and rip it with a loader. That's what I did at first before there was gui versions of wbfs.

I still love the FlatMii =)

sznaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those that aren't ready to take apart there wii or anything like that and still want to continue using usb loader and wbfs to put games on it, this could be a really easy solution. no more unplugging or re-plugging.

sznaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really mean incompatibility, I mean the ability to connect multiple devices with usb loader...

PrixM

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I Think it´s not a problem with the number of devices.

Some USB Devices hav an integrated driver some not.
The ones with driver work.

This is the same problem son Car Stereo´s have.

So it´s also not the Harddisc like most people think it´s the Case

sznaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, If I connect usbloader and my usb ethernet device at the same time, it won't recognize the hard drive.

The idea is, the switch makes it easier to connect all the devices to the wii without having to change the cords and also beable to switch the hard drive to your pc to put files/games without any interference...

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the problem is when the wii turns on the ethernet adaptor or the instruments it stops the harddrive thus crashing usbloader. a switch won't fix that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car