Possible Hobo Spider Bite

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I may have been bit by a hobo spider, but I don't know for sure... Why do bad things always happen on a weekend when I can't go to my clinic?

The effected area is red and it had a small blister and I accidentally popped it... It hurts and itches really bad.
unsure.gif

I don't know if it's an ingrown hair or a spider bite. I've been told that hobo spider bites will look like an ingrown hair at first, then hours later the flesh starts to die.
frown.gif

I really hope this isn't a hobo spider bite... I've found a couple hobo spiders in my house the last couple months.

Please wish me luck...

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Raika said:
good luck but one question...whats a hobo spider
wacko.gif

Poisonous spider that can kill (but not often)

Good luck with the bite, and hopefully it is just a hair. If it starts to show signs of a bite, and you think its a hobo bite, get to the hospital. You don't want to mess around

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raika said:
wacko.gif

Hobo spiders are limited to Oregon, Washington, and western Canada...

They are very similar to brown recluse spiders. If they bite you, within hours your skin and flesh dies and you have a gaping hole in the effected area, and if you don't get it treated quickly, you could have a limb amputated if you were bit on the leg or arm, or you could die if the poison is left untreated in your body.

I just read about a lady who had been bit and she had to undergo 5 surgeries and she died on the operating table once and was brought back to life.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joujoudoll said:
Raika said:
wacko.gif

They are very similar to brown recluse spiders. If they bite you, within hours your skin and flesh dies and you have a gaping hole in the effected area, and if you don't get it treated quickly, you could have a limb amputated if you were bit on the leg or arm, or you could die if the poison is left untreated in your body.

I just read about a lady who had been bit and she had to undergo 5 surgeries and she died on the operating table once and was brought back to life.

Stop reading that stuff right now! You don't want to scare yourself.

I've had Hobo spiders in my house before (lived in BC lots) and you never, ever hear of people getting bit with serious repercussions, and they are common, so don't worry. Just play it safe, and stop reading about cases where stuff has gone wrong

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
science said:
Joujoudoll said:
Raika said:
wacko.gif

Stop reading that stuff right now! You don't want to scare yourself.

I've had Hobo spiders in my house before (lived in BC lots) and you never, ever hear of people getting bit with serious repercussions, and they are common, so don't worry. Just play it safe, and stop reading about cases where stuff has gone wrong

See, I always do this to myself... I go on the net and I read about all the bad things that happen with medical situations. Okay, I am going to stop reading the bad things.

EDIT: The effected area is now getting bigger and it's burning... It feels like someone took a lighter to my leg and burnt me. :-/

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Joujoudoll said:
EDIT: The effected area is now getting bigger and it's burning... It feels like someone took a lighter to my leg and burnt me. :-/

i'd go to a hopsical if i were you

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's 1 am here... I can't drive myself to the hospital, my leg is starting to hurt really bad. I don't want to call an ambulance or get my parents to take me. If it worsens within the next couple hours, then I'll call someone to take me to the hospital.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Joujoudoll said:
It's 1 am here... I can't drive myself to the hospital, my leg is starting to hurt really bad. I don't want to call an ambulance or get my parents to take me. If it worsens within the next couple hours, then I'll call someone to take me to the hospital.

sucks to be you right now

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joujoudoll said:

The emergency room is always open. How old are you? If you're still a kid, get your parents to. Tell your parents you think you got bit. They will want to take you. You don't want to wait too long!

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Go to the hospital. If even the possibility exists that it could be a spider bite (let alone one that can cause necrosis), most people would be rushing to get it checked. Do you need it to be black and oozing before you'll drag your butt there? Don't be dumb and post about it on a forum when you can confirm with a doctor if it really is what it might be. Wake up your parents and get them to drive you to the hospital ASAP.

I hate to be an asshole online, but this is for your own good.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yee said:
Go to the hospital. If even the possibility exists that it could be a spider bite (let alone one that can cause necrosis), most people would be rushing to get it checked. Do you need it to be black and oozing before you'll drag your butt there? Don't be dumb and post about it on a forum when you can confirm with a doctor if it really is what it might be. Wake up your parents and get them to drive you to the hospital ASAP.

I hate to be an asshole online, but this is for your own good.

I agree with yee, and not only because he is also a Canucks fan
wink.gif

Joujoudoll

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sir-Fritz said:
science said:
Suck out the poison?

That's the worse thing you can do... Sucking out the poison, or trying to cut out the effected area can spread the venom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ