Possible gray future for Bannerbomb and HBC...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kratozero, May 18, 2009.

1. Kratozero
    OP

Kratozero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2008
    Mexico
    ...What will happen on E3 at the earliest?, Nintendo may show up a new update that blocks Bannerbomb, or at the latest, when it shows Wii Motion Pus, Nintendo ought to make an update for it and possibly kill our 2 most beloved utilities for the wii.
    Should we be worried about that?

2. cwstjdenobs

cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

Mar 10, 2009
    Ankh-Morpork
    Don't worry about it until it happens. And people will work out a fix that means you don't have to upgrade the system (like the shop fix). So when such an update comes out don't rush for the new functionality, be a bit patient.

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it'll happen eventually but hey it took them about 5 updates to block the tp hack [​IMG]

4. oxMUDxo

oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Missouri - USA
    I trust that no matter what Nintendo my try some one will find a way around it..

So far EVERY game system has been hacked and there are new hacks every day.

PS.
    Punch Out ships today.[​IMG]

5. personager

personager GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    Ya, it is possible. We already have the Nintendo DS flash cart blocks coming up. They might do something similar of the Wii and BannerBomb

6. KirovAir

KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Dec 7, 2006
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Don't you think that there will be plenty of bad code in the Wii to feed hackers for the next 2 years or so? [​IMG]

7. the ripper

the ripper Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2008
    United States
    that is not a problem until IT IS a problem, so no worries till then.. the Wii scene is spreading at the speed of light so when N gets one update to fill a hole they open 2. [​IMG]

8. personager

personager GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    hahaha true

9. Helsionium

Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Jul 18, 2008
    Australia
    Innsbruck, Austria
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. After all, we have already won the "war", because once compromised, a system will never be secure again. Nintendo's software architecture is probably flexible enough to eventually make new consoles completely unhackable, but on the other hand, its flexibility helps us to avoid updates we do not want on consoles that already are hacked.