Megane

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, now that the PS3 is hacked, do you guys think it will become like the Wii with so many homebrews and emulators ?

I mean, the PS3 is a very strong machine the possibility are infinite, it could even emulate PS2!

I'm really looking forward to this.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since it doesn't still have an unofficial SDK, many devs won't even touch it.

Also, we still don't have control over the hypervisor level.

Megane

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the answer, I will diminish my expectation lol
tongue.gif

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think eventually you will see all kinds of cool homebrew for the PS3, but less then the Wii or DC has.

It seem's the earlier a system is "hacked" in its life cycle the more homebrew you see. Or maybe the Wii and DC are just easier to develop for?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
JonthanD said:
I think eventually you will see all kinds of cool homebrew for the PS3, but less then the Wii or DC has.

It seem's the earlier a system is "hacked" in its life cycle the more homebrew you see. Or maybe the Wii and DC are just easier to develop for?
The Wii had an extensive unofficial SDK ready in really few time thanks to its underlying similiarities with the GC architecture, and it also has excellent libraries that make it quick and easy to program for it, and it's also a cheap and interesting console for devs to develop for (motion sensing, awesome pad support and USB ports anyone?).

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
JonthanD said:

The Wii had an extensive unofficial SDK ready in really few time thanks to its underlying similiarities with the GC architecture, and it also has excellent libraries that make it quick and easy to program for it, and it's also a cheap and interesting console for devs to develop for (motion sensing, awesome pad support and USB ports anyone?).

I do have to say the homebrew scene on the Wii is rocking
smile.gif

I spend more time playing with that stuff then the official games. (although lately I have been putting in some time on Metroid)

Anyway on the topic, I have been thinking about the homebrew on the PS3.... if they can get any old code to run and decrypt everything even then from most homebrew devs stand point its going to be a bear to program for.... so maybe very little homebrew?

Asch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I would honestly be interested in a PS2 emulator, that would be neat for us that got the ps3 without backwards compatibility...

but thinking about it, I'm wondering if it would use stored isos or actual burnt dvds...

anyways, yeah we COULD see awesome homebrew and stuff... but they already patched the exploit with the latest firmware update...

luis12285

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asch said:
I would honestly be interested in a PS2 emulator, that would be neat for us that got the ps3 without backwards compatibility...

but thinking about it, I'm wondering if it would use stored isos or actual burnt dvds...

anyways, yeah we COULD see awesome homebrew and stuff... but they already patched the exploit with the latest firmware update...

PS2 on ps3 ok... im cool with that maybe wii contoller and wii emulation
yaywii.gif
(if possible) but other than that.... I would not want to see NES or SNES
hate2.gif
or anything of the sorts on a 50in LCD..... it is just unholy
ohnoes.png

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luis12285 said:
Asch said:

PS2 on ps3 ok... im cool with that maybe wii contoller and wii emulation
yaywii.gif
(if possible) but other than that.... I would not want to see NES or SNES
hate2.gif
or anything of the sorts on a 50in LCD..... it is just unholy
ohnoes.png

A port of PCSX2 is on the way. Same with NullDC. So there you go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1