Portable Music History - Ultimate Handheld Music Archive

Knurek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Portable Music History just went public beta.

So far there are a few sets available for download, with new ones added every 6 hours. For the next few weeks there should be only Game Boy rips there, but once we reach October of 1990 (in about 100 games), Game Gear ones will start showing up too (and eventually NeoGeo Pocket, Wonderswan, Game Boy Advance, NDS, PSP).

If anyone wants to check how far along his favorite game is, here is the release schedule

All sets will be fully timed, and when possible tagged as well - feel free to provide tagging data for those that aren't though.

Please make sure to share your thoughts or questions here - the site is still missing some functionality (like better integration with SNESMusic.org, RSS feed for updates/new sets, search function), but should be fully usable nevertheless.

Now, a word on how to play these files:

If you're using Winamp (or any player that supports Winamp plugin API, like XMPlay), download and install NEZPlug++ plugin. Extract both the *.gbs and *.m3u files from each game archive to the same direrectory and play (double-click, drag'n drop, etc all should work) the m3u file.

If you're using foobar2000, download and install foo_gep plugin. Extract both the *.gbs and *.m3u files from each game archive to the same direrectory and play (double-click, drag'n drop, etc all should work) the gbs file.

Since I'm not using a Mac I have no idea how to help iOS people. I suppose Audio Overload should work, but it doesn't support the m3u timing information ATM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!