Port Zelda MM n3DS/CPP controls to OOT?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by pelago, Dec 29, 2016.

1. pelago
    OP

pelago Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Having played Majora's Mask 3D before Ocarina of Time 3D, I miss the manual camera control that is possible in MM, but not in OOT, using the right analog stick on an n3DS or Circle Pad Pro.

Assuming the two games use a very similar engine, has anyone looked into whether it's possible to port the camera controls from MM to OOT?

2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    We don't have a dedicated method for button (re)mapping at this stage.

It'd probably be possible as an GateShark code or NTR plugin, but it'd have to be bound to the existing buttons eg. select & L or R.

The problem is OOT can't "see" the additional CCP/new3DS buttons.

pelago likes this.
  3. pelago
    OP

pelago Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Thanks. I don't know much about how these things work, but would copying some kind of "driver" for the CCP/n3DS inputs into the OOT ROM be a possible start?

4. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    I do not know how to do it, or whether or not it can be done, but I imagine that, as you said one could use NTR to map the controls.
    Maybe by finding what changes when the camera moves or something and then using the keys to activate the movement codes.
    However, does NTR even support the C-Stick?
    Are there codes for it like the other buttons (e.g. when codes are activated through buttons like L+B)?
    Also, would there be a delay when activating codes like that continuously?

5. pelago
    OP

pelago Member

Feb 20, 2006
    I was imagining this would require a bit more of a significant ROM hack, rather than something that can be done with a NTR plugin.

Last edited by pelago, Dec 30, 2016