ROM Hack PopulousDS in english

valyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
all just to let you know it is possible to play populousDS in 90% english
just open the rom in dslazy goto data then text and you will find several
diff language folders copy the contents of the english folder over the contents of the Jap
folder and repack the rom and play same also applies to any language in the folder

th_text.jpg

larger
th_text2.jpg

larger

Seastars

Trophies
XP
Country
That's great, wonder if there is anything similar for other games? Seems odd all those semi-done translations would be packed in.

Edit: Spooky, the next time i check the boards, a language selecter is posted for this and another game...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Gaspar you would be surprised how much devs leave in roms. A lot of the reverse engineering efforts have been made far easier

As for translations:
Sonic and Mario at the Olympics was one. Metroid the first major one (US version shipped with Euro languages and saw the first unlocker). Bratz I also seem to recall has it.
GBA wise there are few that never saw western release either but those are a bit more on the hacking front.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Gaspar you would be surprised how much devs leave in roms. A lot of the reverse engineering efforts have been made far easier

As for translations:
Sonic and Mario at the Olympics was one. Metroid the first major one (US version shipped with Euro languages and saw the first unlocker). Bratz I also seem to recall has it.
GBA wise there are few that never saw western release either but those are a bit more on the hacking front.

has squire's selector been already posted ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up