Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I see... I think this game is kinda like Worms, in which the FMVs don't work on PSP (even with a config) and do on Vita (with the proper config). Sadly, I can't test it properly with what I have. :(

What's the problem with it?
It's been a while since I tried it on my own, I remember a black screen, here another user talks about it.

Reactions: The_Ho and Webardo

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Coming back, I forgot to post the config for X-Files.

It works well on the Vita and swaps discs normally.

On the PSP it works well and also swaps discs but only if the swap is forced moments before the game asks for it. I'll leave it here in case anyone wants to improve it.

X-Files config:

Code:
70 00 07 06 00 00 06 06 00 00 80 00 00 80 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
20 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 04 00 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
00 80 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF 20 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
04 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I can try to send Jackie Chan's save, yes, I just need to have some free time. But there is a stage selection cheat that is very easy to do and you can jump straight to the subway stage, there is the worst slowdown in the game, if you fix it there, I think the rest will go well.
Hi SiR!!! Merry Christmas!! i already tested my config for Jackie Chan and it plays fine on Sewers/Subway/Train Stages... i only tested Level 1 and 2 but didnt experienced slowdown...(only on level 2 cutscene where jackie jumps inside the tunnel while the train is passing)...i think the config i made is fine and playable for the whole stages of jackie chan...i hope so hahahahaa

Last edited by OPPAI_DAISUKI,

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I've been following this thread for a while, being that I am incredibly interested in the idea of finally being able to play Valkyrie Profile 1 on my Vita. Unfortunately, this thread is 49 pages long, and filled with technical language that I don't understand.

Can someone please make a guide on how to run and play Valkyrie Profile (either on Vita or PPSSPP), written so that a clueless newbie/layman/moron can understand how to do it?

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello everyone. I've been following this thread for a while, being that I am incredibly interested in the idea of finally being able to play Valkyrie Profile 1 on my Vita. Unfortunately, this thread is 49 pages long, and filled with technical language that I don't understand.

Can someone please make a guide on how to run and play Valkyrie Profile (either on Vita or PPSSPP), written so that a clueless newbie/layman/moron can understand how to do it?
skip the word MORON as everyone of us also started as an idiot or also beginners or dont know anything but as the time goes on and you tried and experienced many things (like this) you gain knowledge and its a part of knowledge evolution... and for your question, PS1 games cant be played on PPSSPP so we'll move on to VITA/PSP... there are 2 steps on how you want to play your favorite PS1 game... 1 is some PS1 games are available as PSN Digital Eboot Format...which means they are released by Sony in PSN and you can download them THOUGH not all PS1 games are available and this comes to 2nd and that is convert your favorite PS1 games to PSP/Eboot format... which is the same as PSN Digital Eboot Format BUT you will use a PC APP called PSX2PSP which converts the games and you will convert them manually... the only differences are PSN Digital are made by Sony so all the images you will see are pre-installed... WHILE in PSX2PSP you are free to convert your game and add your favorite pics for it...and also EVEN IF a certain game was already in PSN, you can still convert the same game with PSX2PSP if you dont like the sony ones...as PSX2PSP had a Database of many PS1 games so dont worry..for example DINO CRISIS 1 and 2 are already available as a PSN Digital Eboot...but you can also convert your own style of DINO CRISIS 1 and 2 if you dont want the sony ones...

Now the twist are for PSN there are some fixes made by sony so now the game is fully playable for example like Chrono CRoss... but if you create your own style of Chrono Cross Eboot you will encounter a major problem fighting on Mama Komodo... in CD Romance site there is a POPS Compatibility so before you want to play your favorite game make sure to check first if it has a PSN Copy if not just convert it manually and check its compatibility....and by the way CD Romance had a already a PSN copy so you can download them easily...

BUT SINCE you will be using VITA to play PS1 games you might use POPS FE converter for PS1 games as POPS FE has some fixes to PS1 games when you play them...same thing as sony did to fix some PS1 games...

Reactions: ShadowbannedAllstar

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skip the word MORON as everyone of us also started as an idiot or also beginners or dont know anything but as the time goes on and you tried and experienced many things (like this) you gain knowledge and its a part of knowledge evolution... and for your question, PS1 games cant be played on PPSSPP so we'll move on to VITA/PSP... there are 2 steps on how you want to play your favorite PS1 game... 1 is some PS1 games are available as PSN Digital Eboot Format...which means they are released by Sony in PSN and you can download them THOUGH not all PS1 games are available and this comes to 2nd and that is convert your favorite PS1 games to PSP/Eboot format... which is the same as PSN Digital Eboot Format BUT you will use a PC APP called PSX2PSP which converts the games and you will convert them manually... the only differences are PSN Digital are made by Sony so all the images you will see are pre-installed... WHILE in PSX2PSP you are free to convert your game and add your favorite pics for it...and also EVEN IF a certain game was already in PSN, you can still convert the same game with PSX2PSP if you dont like the sony ones...as PSX2PSP had a Database of many PS1 games so dont worry..for example DINO CRISIS 1 and 2 are already available as a PSN Digital Eboot...but you can also convert your own style of DINO CRISIS 1 and 2 if you dont want the sony ones...

Now the twist are for PSN there are some fixes made by sony so now the game is fully playable for example like Chrono CRoss... but if you create your own style of Chrono Cross Eboot you will encounter a major problem fighting on Mama Komodo... in CD Romance site there is a POPS Compatibility so before you want to play your favorite game make sure to check first if it has a PSN Copy if not just convert it manually and check its compatibility....and by the way CD Romance had a already a PSN copy so you can download them easily...

BUT SINCE you will be using VITA to play PS1 games you might use POPS FE converter for PS1 games as POPS FE has some fixes to PS1 games when you play them...as thing what sony did to fix some PS1 games...
Thank you, sincerely. I appreciate that you took the time to help me out.

Reactions: OPPAI_DAISUKI

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thank you, sincerely. I appreciate that you took the time to help me out.
No problem!!! :yayps3: :yayps3: here are the sites CDRomance (PSN Eboot Downloads/POPS Compatibility) and for creating your own PS1 Eboots we have github.com/sahlberg/pop-fe (had some VITA fixes and ongoing updates) then PSX2PSP (commonly used, had good settings and conversion but no more updates) ....

Reactions: ShadowbannedAllstar

mrjaredbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
github.com/sahlberg/pop-fe (had some VITA fixes and ongoing updates)
BUT SINCE you will be using VITA to play PS1 games you might use POPS FE converter for PS1 games as POPS FE has some fixes to PS1 games when you play them...same thing as sony did to fix some PS1 games...
It should be stated that pop-fe is the recommended tool for PSP conversions as well, not just Vita. All fixes are automatic with pop-fe for both PSP and Vita (and PS3, but that is besides the point).

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It should be stated that pop-fe is the recommended tool for PSP conversions as well, not just Vita. All fixes are automatic with pop-fe for both PSP and Vita (and PS3, but that is besides the point).
for me....it depends to the person as for me i prefer to use PS2XPSP for PS1 conversion and adding the games on my PSP... AS I LOVE modifying all the images and adding my favorites PICS and use them to the game...and for the config i add it manually as after learning how to insert the configs i enjoyed experimenting and adjusting those numbers and letters that somehow fit or work to the game... im more interested in manual adjustments.. i dont know why but that already had picked my interest ever since... its just :

1. POPS FE for easy/automatic PS1 games conversion and play them either VITA or PSP and had a various game config fixes and ongoing updates the best choice...
while:
2. PSX2PSP also a PS1 games conversion but its obsolete (and for configs you manually add it...)
and for some cases GAMEID might need to change it depends to the game..(SetRegion)

- for me every gamer has a different taste and opinion and its not like every gamer has to go to where the majority goes...

Reactions: mrjaredbeta

TheBlobber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have question I have to games with the same IDSLPS-01222. But when I tried to save a game state it overwrites the game same of the other game. Is there a solution to solve this problem

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have question I have to games with the same IDSLPS-01222. But when I tried to save a game state it overwrites the game same of the other game. Is there a solution to solve this problem
the better way is to check your game's name online like REDUMP or MOBYGAMES... maybe your downloading a game uploaded or already converted by other people and available for download online because in POPS FE and PSX2PSP they automatically used the GAMEID corresponded or link to the specific game..

TheBlobber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the better way is to check your game's name online like REDUMP or MOBYGAMES... maybe your downloading a game uploaded or already converted by other people and available for download online because in POPS FE and PSX2PSP they automatically used the GAMEID corresponded or link to the specific game..
I really do not know it. The two games are on my PSP but with the same ID, so they don't work with the popsloader. Is there a solution for me to have two save files even though both have the same ID?

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I really do not know it. The two games are on my PSP but with the same ID, so they don't work with the popsloader. Is there a solution for me to have two save files even though both have the same ID?
did you just downloaded these 2 games?...same site or different because there would be a case that the creators/different creators (CREATE YOUR OWN PS1 Eboot games) via PSX2PSP maybe used similar Game IDs for these games..another would be if you downloaded these games from the same person who created them and available for download used similar IDS as i remember back then before POPS Fe and SetRegion changing GAMEID makes some PS1 games work (Brave Fencer Musashi) so maybe they didnt noticed or maybe it was unintentional that there would be a gamer that will download their converted PS1 Eboot games that might have a problem in the future if they were added both in PSP's game folder...if you want to check them... copy your same ID PSX Eboot games and use PSX2PSP to load the EBoot (as if your checking them) if they didnt used their own native Game ID you can just convert your own PS1 Eboot game....your having problems because on PS1 Save Data (their own save folder) inside have a set of files like CONFIG... this CONFIG file updates every time you adjust/change settings when pressing HOME Button (Screen Adjust/Brightness/Volume/Controller) (even when holding+R loading POPSLOADER when booting the game) and if you change them on the 1st game it will affect on the 2nd game vice versa...so they will have a conflict...even the save file itself (VMC0 and VMC1) when accessing MEMORY CARD..if they are using 1 ID when you check the Memory Card section you will see the other games Save File ICON...vice versa... i havent tested if there would be a problem if either Game 1 or Game 2 uses only 1 Block...like Tekken 3 it only uses 1 Block if it will conflict to other game with same ID that also uses only 1 Block...But i do know that CONFIG used on other game affects the other one and the Save File ICON changes to your PS1 game ICON picture....so much better check the EBoot of your 2 games that uses 1 game ID... check if their using their own original ID if not you can convert the eboot back to Bin/Cue or download a new Sets of Bin/Cue file of the game and make your own eboot using PSX2PSP or POPS Fe (with configs) because you know for yourself that you created them then delete the 2 games so you will now be using newly fresh converted PS1 Eboots...

- CONFIG file can also be deleted BUT when you load either Game 1 or Game 2 it will automatically creates a new one (default)..

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@The_Ho Hi Sir!!!! How are you?... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year by the way... and i have a news for you as after refreshing CDRomance site today there was an upload Gran Turismo 2: A-Spec Hack... and im also curious about this Rom Hack/Mod of GT2 i wonder how does it plays on our PSP and its only 682mb 1 Disc only.... i hope you can test it if you have some free time and for me maybe later this evening ill also try to test it too... Anyways have a nice day sir!!!!!

TheBlobber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you just downloaded these 2 games?...same site or different because there would be a case that the creators/different creators (CREATE YOUR OWN PS1 Eboot games) via PSX2PSP maybe used similar Game IDs for these games..another would be if you downloaded these games from the same person who created them and available for download used similar IDS as i remember back then before POPS Fe and SetRegion changing GAMEID makes some PS1 games work (Brave Fencer Musashi) so maybe they didnt noticed or maybe it was unintentional that there would be a gamer that will download their converted PS1 Eboot games that might have a problem in the future if they were added both in PSP's game folder...if you want to check them... copy your same ID PSX Eboot games and use PSX2PSP to load the EBoot (as if your checking them) if they didnt used their own native Game ID you can just convert your own PS1 Eboot game....your having problems because on PS1 Save Data (their own save folder) inside have a set of files like CONFIG... this CONFIG file updates every time you adjust/change settings when pressing HOME Button (Screen Adjust/Brightness/Volume/Controller) (even when holding+R loading POPSLOADER when booting the game) and if you change them on the 1st game it will affect on the 2nd game vice versa...so they will have a conflict...even the save file itself (VMC0 and VMC1) when accessing MEMORY CARD..if they are using 1 ID when you check the Memory Card section you will see the other games Save File ICON...vice versa... i havent tested if there would be a problem if either Game 1 or Game 2 uses only 1 Block...like Tekken 3 it only uses 1 Block if it will conflict to other game with same ID that also uses only 1 Block...But i do know that CONFIG used on other game affects the other one and the Save File ICON changes to your PS1 game ICON picture....so much better check the EBoot of your 2 games that uses 1 game ID... check if their using their own original ID if not you can convert the eboot back to Bin/Cue or download a new Sets of Bin/Cue file of the game and make your own eboot using PSX2PSP or POPS Fe (with configs) because you know for yourself that you created them then delete the 2 games so you will now be using newly fresh converted PS1 Eboots...

- CONFIG file can also be deleted BUT when you load either Game 1 or Game 2 it will automatically creates a new one (default)..
I changed myself both IDs because it did not work with popsloader. Now it is working but I still have a problem with the save. Unfortunately I have not two save files but only once. I dont know how to fixed it
Post automatically merged:

I did it once but did not work

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Webardo Hello boss, sorry for bothering again, but I remember that at the end of last year you told me that you had the config that fixes Treasures of the Deep, I haven't seen Pop Fe update in the last 2 weeks so I ask you, Can you pass me that config here?

Thank you.

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I changed myself both IDs because it did not work with popsloader. Now it is working but I still have a problem with the save. Unfortunately I have not two save files but only once. I dont know how to fixed it
ok for save file... Copy and Back Up your save files (SAVE DATA FOLDER) inside the PSP to your PC/Laptop...then check the game ids inside the SAVE DATA FOLDER... PS1 games starts with SLES, SCUS, SCES, SLPS, SLPM, SLUS... so PSP Save Files are already out in this line up... then move these ids in a new folder so they will not mix up to the PSP ones...then if you remember the SAVE ICON of the 2 PS1 games conflicting each other... or the GAME ICON when go to GAME Section in XMB.. if you found them go back to PSP's Memory Stick SAVE DATA FOLDER and locate that game id and delete the whole folder... Now load the 2 games so they will both Create their own id... the VMC's inside the PS1 games you copied in the PC as the back up... you can copy paste them inside the newly created save file....

TheBlobber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok for save file... Copy and Back Up your save files (SAVE DATA FOLDER) inside the PSP to your PC/Laptop...then check the game ids inside the SAVE DATA FOLDER... PS1 games starts with SLES, SCUS, SCES, SLPS, SLPM, SLUS... so PSP Save Files are already out in this line up... then move these ids in a new folder so they will not mix up to the PSP ones...then if you remember the SAVE ICON of the 2 PS1 games conflicting each other... or the GAME ICON when go to GAME Section in XMB.. if you found them go back to PSP's Memory Stick SAVE DATA FOLDER and locate that game id and delete the whole folder... Now load the 2 games so they will both Create their own id... the VMC's inside the PS1 games you copied in the PC as the back up... you can copy paste them inside the newly created save file....
Thank you so much. I will test it tomorrow and hopefully it works. I understand that I should the save file in another folder. Did I understand correctly?

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thank you so much. I will test it tomorrow and hopefully it works. I understand that I should the save file in another folder. Did I understand correctly?
after copying the SAVE DATA (folder) inside the PSP's Memory Stick to your PC/Laptop.. separate the PS1's and the PSP so you will not be confused...PS1 games starts with SCES, SCUS, SLPS, SLPM, SLES and SLUS... then check their ICON pics and if you found it...go back to memory stick then delete the save file...then exit and load the 2 games separately so they will create a newly fresh save file of their own... new configs and new vmc... in case you are already far in 1 of those 2 games... the VMC0 and VMC1 in your BACKUP...copy them back to Memory Stick...so you still have your save data... VMC0 and VMC1 holds the save file itself...its just the other files are the ones conflicting to the games..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs