Hacking Homebrew Poploader?

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I am just wondering how to get PS1 games working on the psp.
I've heard something about a poploader.. can anyone give me any insight? Thanks

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks but I really don't understand it.
Which one should I download? And when I install it can I play normal PS1 iso's on it or do I have to convert them to something else?

Sorry for all these questions.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks but I really don't understand it.
Which one should I download? And when I install it can I play normal PS1 iso's on it or do I have to convert them to something else?

Sorry for all these questions.
Easiest way I assume, would be to use PSX2PSP, a popstation gui.
You need to convert the psx images with that program yes, as it'll create an EBOOT.PBP file with all the icons and stuff in it.

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweet, that would make it a whole lot easier.
Is there a mega upload d/l because it won't let me d/l stuff from max console for some crappy reason I have no idea about.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason u can't dl is probably b/c u aren't registered to mc. Also popsloader isn't required to run ps1 games on psp custom firmware. It just allows you to choose which pops version you want to run your ps1 games under. Some ps1 games ran better on older psp versions for some reason.

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, I am registered with MC. It still won't let me d/l. I guess I'll just make a new account.

So if poploader isn't "required' to run PS1 games on a slim psp, what other options do I have?

Are the emulators any good? Speed and compatibility wise?

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
popsloader is a CFW plugin which lets you chose what version of Popstation to load the game with. If you don't have popsloader installed, the game will load using the builtin emulator version for your firmware. The name of the emulator is Popstation. All ps1 games has to be converted to an eboot before you can play them. Tools such as PSX2PSP lets you do this in an easy manner.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53981

here is another place you can download it, and I'm sure you can find other mirrors too, if you google it. Latest version is 1.2, and does not support multiple CD images in 1 eboot.

pitoui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks mate your a champ.
I signed up again to MC and got v1.2.
Thanks for all your help guys. Now all I have to do is wait another 4hours or so, so I can unwrap my PSP
smile.gif

Merry Christmas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte