[Poll] Will you buy a Gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rinnux, Dec 1, 2014.

?

Now that gateway has shown their card working on 9.x, will you buy a gateway?

1. Yes!!! I ordered one/will order one soon!

46.2%
  2. No, I already have one

43.1%
  3. No, sky3ds/k3ds/mt card/r4 is king!

1.8%
  4. I'm still waiting on crown 3ds to get passed 70%

8.9%
  1. Rinnux
    OP

Rinnux GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    I'm curious to see how gateways latest announcement will affect sales.

2. Canadacdn

Canadacdn GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Took the plunge last night. Once 9.2 support is released, I can only see prices going up if they continue to monopolize the market.

3. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    100% if it still works in January when I'm ordering my 3ds

4. Arnold0

Arnold0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2011
    France
    Vire, France
    I already have one I bought 80€ a year ago or something like that. So I won't buy another one but I said to one of my friend who bought his 3ds on 6.1 the link of the video and he responded with a picture of his 3DS he just updated to 9.2 so I guess he will buy one. (Before he was keeping 6.1 just in case something could come with that when blocked on latter versions exactly like what the 4.5 exploit was)

5. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    yeaaaaaaa gateway for me.

6. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    I'm considering it, depending how well this works out.
    I doubt I'll use it on my snazzy New 3DS XL, but my old 3DS XL is staying on 9.2 firmware for the Cubic Ninja exploit, and my standard 3DS is still on 4.5 for other prospective hacks.

7. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    No, piracy is bad. In fact, I wish bad luck to everyone with a GW; brick, no online play, exploit patches etc ...

Pip'

TheCasketMan and p3rand0r like this.
  8. Aman27deep

Aman27deep GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2007
    India
    Calcutta.

lol

You're like one if those gamers online that say stuff like 'hope you get cancer and aids combined' after getting beat.

9. Canadacdn

Canadacdn GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Piracy isn't really my primary motive for buying a Gateway, I want to be able to keep using homebrew if Ninjhax gets patched, and have the ability to carry all of my games around at once without being bound by Nintendo's awful digital DRM. I've bought many 3DS games since the system came out, and will continue to do so.

:-infern: likes this.
  10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

You're in the wrong forums to be preaching that :creep:

11. ShoFly

ShoFly Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2006
    United States
    Been monitoring the scene for a few months now. Past month has been very exciting! Snagged a 3DS XL on Black Friday and ordered a Gateway earlier today!

12. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    When it's released i'll buy it

the_randomizer likes this.
  13. callmebob

callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Jan 24, 2007
    Germany
    Bitburger Brewery (a lot)
    Glad I already have a couple. Wonder what availability/price is gonna look like after the firmware is released and all the kiddies get their brand new shiny 3ds´s for x-mas.

(edit) not to mention those who updated past 4.5 when gateway specifically said not to, and those who bought 3ds´s with newer firmware. that should be a whole lot of sells right there.

14. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    You're the guy that always reminded the teacher when they forgot to assign homework, aren't you?

Anyway, already have a gateway, but I hope that it still works when the New gets released in the US.

15. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    Gateway's exploit only works on v9.X while Ninjhax works on v4.X-v9.X. Plus, even Gateway said not to update past v9.2 to use their exploit since it's very likely that Nintendo will patch the exploit on the next update.
    More like you should hope that the US New3DS' firmware is v9.X or lower when it comes out for Gateway to work.

16. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Yeah I'm wondering if that wasn't Nintendo's primary motivation for delaying the new 3DS consoles in the US. Then again, Sky3DS and this Gateway exploit weren't announced until after the new 3DS was released in other regions, were they?

17. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    I remember when you could buy a flashcard of a open out door market are indoor , I bought an original r4 revolution for ds (ndsl/nds) of bolton market for a little as £12.99 long time ago, Pay cash no posting, Since Nintendo sent out a letter to each market holder , all had vanished ever since :rolleyes: , grow a pare of ball's market people! .

Point is I like looking at Items in hand! :) , make sure it was right and legit of what you are after.

Now all that is left to Order offline only, Making my UK market even more Shitter , you can't get you're hand's on much as way back when :angry: , as a matter of fact boring Same shop's / stocks every where you go .

Not sure if they do cashline though, just don't have credit card .

On the other hand, will come across one sometime :)

18. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    I am 100% sure that it wasn't the reason why Nintendo delayed the New3DS release for US and EUR. Iwata stated that the reason why they delayed the release of the New3DS in the US and EUR is that "the 3DS is at a different 'stage of popularization' in Japan than in the US and Europe." You can say that is BS and how it's a stupid reason for them to delay the New3DS, but that is just how they think. :(

Zidapi likes this.
  19. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    You need a "waiting" option there...

Des_Kaje and Hiccup like this.
  20. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    My friend bought a second hand Gateway for 24USD right after the news came out.

drwhojan likes this.