• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Who are/would you vote for United States President?

Who are/would you vote for United States President?

• Hillary Clinton (Democrat)

Votes: 77 24.2%
  • Donald Trump (Republican)

Votes: 127 39.9%
  • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)

Votes: 26 8.2%
  • Jill Stein (Green)

Votes: 21 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 67 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone ignore @Lacius he has no idea what he's talking about
He hasn't heard of the first amendment
I'm probably feeding the troll with this one, but how do you figure?

Yes, he's biased, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about. He does have good points frequently
I'm no more biased than anyone else here, and I try to make my posts as objective as possible. Clinton isn't without criticism, but many of the attacks on her here are nonsense.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone ignore @Lacius he has no idea what he's talking about

We shouldn't ignore him. He has a right to speak his mind. It's just obvious that he is towing the Democratic party line very hard. I get that he doesn't want Trump to win so, logically for him, Hillary is a best defense. Personally, I don't have time to wait for "hope and change". I needed it like yesterday! I voted for that other muthafucka because I wanted change and he was almost as bad as the big eared fool before him.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We shouldn't ignore him. He has a right to speak his mind. It's just obvious that he is towing the Democratic party line very hard. I get that he doesn't want Trump to win so, logically for him, Hillary is a best defense. Personally, I don't have time to wait for "hope and change". I needed it like yesterday! I voted for that other muthafucka because I wanted change and he was almost as bad as the big eared fool before him.
If you think Obama and Bush are comparable, then I don't know where to even begin.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think Obama and Bush are comparable, then I don't know where to even begin.
It is perfectly fine to be view both of them as poor presidents or having not fulfilled what you had expected or wanted. That does not mean you view their positions as the same but that you just feel both of them made poor decisions that resulted in outcomes that you did not want.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is perfectly fine to be view both of them as poor presidents or having not fulfilled what you had expected or wanted. That does not mean you view their positions as the same but that you just feel both of them made poor decisions that resulted in outcomes that you did not want.
To say a president who wrecked the economy, exploded the deficit, set social issues backwards, started two wars, etc. was nearly as bad as a president who saved the economy, cut the deficit, set social issues forward, etc. is to spew total nonsense, and it demonstrates a fundamental divide between one's view of reality and reality.

Last edited by Lacius,

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Exactly! Ironically, away from the Presidency, I think both Bush and Obama are probably genuinely decent people. Bush is actually a fairly funny guy and should have been a comedian. not a President. Obama seems like a kind father and I like that about him. That being said, both men made horrible mistakes as president.

Bush
- Having Dick Cheney by his side
- Iraq War
- Katrina
- Allowing the Patriot Act to go into effect
- No Child Left Behind
- Fucking up the national budget

Obama
- Letting the bankers walk away with a huge payday
- Expanding the Patriot Act
- How he handled Snowden and Manning
- Accepting a fucking Nobel Peace Prize all the while, making nukes "more efficient" instead of getting rid of them fully

We have basically had 16 years of fuck ups. Life is short, another four is just too much.

Last edited by LightyKD,

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly! Ironically, away from the Presidency, I think both Bush and Obama are probably genuinely decent people. Bush is actually a fairly funny guy and should have been a comedian. not a President. Obama seems like a kind father and I like that about him. That being said, both men made horrible mistakes as president.

Bush
- Having Dick Cheney by his side
- Iraq War
- Katrina
- Allowing the Patriot Act to go into effect
- No Child Left Behind
- Fucking up the national budget

Obama
- Letting the bankers walk away with a huge payday
- Expanding the Patriot Act
- How he handled Snowden and Manning
- Accepting a fucking Nobel Peace Prize all the while, making nukes "more efficient" instead of getting rid of them fully

We have basically has 16 years of fuck ups. Life is short, another four is just too much.
I was going to say some of that but I agree 100% with your points. But regardless just beceause you dislike x does not mean you like y.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bush is actually a fairly funny guy and should have been a comedian. not a President.
This reminds me of a birthday card that my mom bought for someone many years ago. It had a picture of him on the front, and this was printed inside:
whats_a_birthday_party_without_a_clown_t_shirt-r0e16d4b0d9db4d55bcdfe734cb805ced_jg4de_324.jpg

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
Again, could you be specific?
Watch any clip of her on YouTube. She's always smug. Did you watch the debate? Smiling like the fucking Joker. Creepy.

She didn't screw over Sanders. She won fair and square.
"Wrong!" — Donald Trump.

In my personal opinion, he's only funny in ways he doesn't mean to be. I don't want a clown as president.
Please don't be a clownophobe.

His immigration policy is garbage. It's pure political demagoguery that would, among other things, solve nothing. Take the wall, for example. It's impractical and wouldn't actually do anything to help the supposed issue.

Anything is better than letting every Tom, Dick and Abdul enter the country. Only need to look at Merkal's Germany to see what can happen.

Can blatant lies about his views on the Iraq War, his views on global warming, and his views on birtherism be considered sincere, by definition?
He seems sincere in the sense that he believes in what he says.

Oh no, the woman wasn't warm enough.
Implying sexism? Typical regressive.

Stronger together is a much better slogan than both.
Disagree.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I actually found a video of Hillary talking some sense.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, both have very real criticisms. I too disagree with Obama letting the bankers walk and expanding the Patriot Act. However, to think he's on the same level of Bush and his fuck-ups is another thing entirely. You're comparing a little dirt on the rug to an entire basement flooded with shit.
I do not know honestly how you can call that a little dirt personally. I mean the increase of military action and force under Obama is something I take seriously.

Nobody's perfect. Stein's a troll who doesn't run a serious campaign, panders to anti-vaxxers, is anti-GMO, and is anti-nuclear. She has demonstrated poor judgment by risking a Trump presidency a la 2000 for no practical purpose..
Excusing for the fact of http://www.snopes.com/is-green-party-candidate-jill-stein-anti-vaccine/ and that Sander also supported GMO labeling, that is not true. As we have seen the EC has changed from 00 to 16 where it went from favoring the GOP to favoring the Democrats so that is not going to happen. EDIT: her trying to get 5% is a practical purpose

. Johnson knows as much about foreign leaders and climate change as he does about Aleppo. Like it or not, and regardless of whom you're voting for, we're all picking lesser evils.
In that case Johnson and Stein are the lesser evil for many of us and better then the other two. Also the whole Aleppo and leader moments where honest mistakes. Hell Clinton made a mistake on her emails which she admitted and we have moved on since it was just that, a mistake.

Last edited by RevPokemon,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know honestly how you can call that a little dirt personally. I mean the increase of military action and force under Obama is something I take seriously.
Relative to everything else Bush did, I would call that a little dirt. To each his own.

As I've pointed out numerous times, she still panders to anti-vaxxers, has brought up nonsense about mercury in vaccines, and has advocated for childhood vaccination choice. I didn't even call her anti-vaccination this time, and yet you're still pretending I said something I didn't and that I haven't said any of the things that I have. Come on.

and that Sander also supported GMO labeling.
Nobody's perfect.

As we have seen the EC has changed from 00 to 16 where it went from favoring the GOP to favoring the Democrats so that is not going to happen.
Before the debate, the Electoral College was practically tied with Clinton at 272, and the likely tipping point state of Colorado was only for Clinton by about 2%, maybe less. A repeat of 2000, while probably unlikely, is very reasonable. Don't act like it's not. Before the debate, I would have put the odds of a tipping point state a.) Going Trump, and b.) being well within the margin that is the number of people who voted for Stein being about 10%, maybe more.

her trying to get 5% is a practical purpose
She's not going to get that, the ends don't justify the means, and it's irrelevant to the topic of who wins the 2016 election. We've addressed this garbage a dozen times.

In that case Johnson and Stein are the lesser evil for many of us and better then the other two.
Fair enough, although I would argue that in a lot of people's cases, Clinton is metaphorically far less evil Donald Trump, and it's worth considering that it's a binary choice between those two so far as the potential winner of the election goes.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She's not going to get that, the ends don't justify the means.
There is still time. She is polling what like 2.7% nationally so it could happen if things turn lucky.

. A repeat of 2000, while probably unlikely, is very reasonable. Don't act like it's not
Like you said it is unlikely as it had Trump winning 6 out of 8 swing states before the election.

Before the debate, I would have put the odds of a tipping point state a.) Going Trump, and b.) being well within the margin that is the number of people who voted for Stein being about 10%, maybe more.
Jill is not getting 10% or more in CO (she is getting 3%). Regardless that had him winning in most of the swing states when in actuality the chances of that outcome is small and now with the debates is smaller since Hillary is doing better in those states.

Ultimately the EC helps the Democrats this year and because of that and the EC your vote for any of the 6 will not be of significant influence other then those 8 (most likely less come Nov) states.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is still time. She is polling what like 2.7% nationally so it could happen if things turn lucky.
She has no upward trendline (in fact, it's downward), and it wouldn't be worth the Trump risk even if she did have momentum.

Like you said it is unlikely as it had Trump winning 6 out of 8 swing states before the election.
If the election had been held the day before the debate, there would have been a near 48% chance that Trump would have won. That's how close the Electoral College was. All he needed to do was move the needle 2% or less in the tipping point state of Colorado, for example.

Jill is not getting 10% or more in CO (she is getting 3%). Regardless that had him winning in most of the swing states when in actuality the chances of that outcome is small and now with the debates is smaller since Hillary is doing better in those states.
You misread my post. I didn't say that Stein was going to get 10%. I said that, before the debate, there was a 10% chance that Stein was going to get ≥X, where X is the margin between Trump and Clinton in a tipping point state that goes to Trump.

Ultimately the EC helps the Democrats this year and because of that and the EC your vote for any of the 6 will not be of significant influence other then those 8 (most likely less come Nov) states.
It's not the Electoral College that helps the Democrats this year; it's the amount Clinton is ahead nationally that then translates to Electoral College victories. When the popular vote is close, the Electoral College benefits Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk