Hacking [POLL] SX OS with or without dongle?

Did you order it with dongle or without? and why?

• Total voters

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's just like the Gateway vs Other CFW Wars on 3DS. If the OP says he wants SX OS since it's easier and they're willing to pay, let them (either way only Xecuter has XCI loading which is known to be definitely safer than NSP in Stealth Mode). Making suggestions is fine, not when it turns into an unnecessary 2 page argument that doesn't answer the question directly smh.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemps-official-discord-server.460532/

In Stealth Mode, XCI and NSP are both equally safe

stevenlee85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I paid for the dongle. I played XCi in stealth mode. I have 2 NS 1 for pirated and another 1 for original. That’s easy. Just test and experiment anyway to get me banned.

Reactions: Mark2333

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In Stealth Mode, XCI and NSP are both equally safe
From Team Xecuter's website:
Introducing Stealth Mode
Stealth Mode is our solution to prevent console bans. In SX OS v1.6 and onwards this feature will be enabled by default.

• You can still disable Stealth Mode from the TX menu if you really wish to do so, however we do not recommend this (unless your Switch is already banned).
  • With Stealth Mode enabled your Switch system is not able to send any Switch personal information to Nintendo's servers while still allowing basic Internet functionality (for eg homebrew). Things like local WiFi play is also still possible!
  • Keep in mind Stealth Mode is only active when you are running SX OS! If you occasionally boot back into original Switch firmware you may expose yourself to a ban risk if you have modified your Switch system by installing NSP titles for example, so we do not recommend this!
  • Playing XCI titles in SX OS with Stealth Mode enabled should NOT get you banned when booting/using your original Switch firmware online. This is why we personally prefer our Game Cartridge emulation solution, and so should you!
Source: https://team-xecuter.com/

Reactions: vincentallen2

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
From Team Xecuter's website:

Source: https://team-xecuter.com/

you do know that their "Revolutionary" stealth mode is nothing new right? It's the same thing that ReiNX and RajNX have been doing for a long time now with Creport and something you can dowith a simple DNS app right? Hell it's the same as staying on Airplane mode at all times. That last line about .XCI applies the EXACT same way to a .NSP game, it's nothing more than pure propaganda

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I got SX OS but lately I just use more the NSP`s. it`s more comfortable in my opinion. Also, if you don`t mind using a cable and computer / cellphone, just buy the license and then put on autoRCM, it sounds dangerous but in reality my Switch is always on sleep mode when not used, and goes into autoRCM just when I need to move some files to the SD card. If you do mind about the computer and cable then buy the PRO one. All of this can be done with Hekate or the other free stuff almost as easy so, it`s your call.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got SX OS but lately I just use more the NSP`s. it`s more comfortable in my opinion. Also, if you don`t mind using a cable and computer / cellphone, just buy the license and then put on autoRCM, it sounds dangerous but in reality my Switch is always on sleep mode when not used, and goes into autoRCM just when I need to move some files to the SD card. If you do mind about the computer and cable then buy the PRO one. All of this can be done with Hekate or the other free stuff almost as easy so, it`s your call.
I've used both methods and the dongle is faster and easier to use.

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you do know that their "Revolutionary" stealth mode is nothing new right? It's the same thing that ReiNX and RajNX have been doing for a long time now with Creport and something you can dowith a simple DNS app right? Hell it's the same as staying on Airplane mode at all times. That last line about .XCI applies the EXACT same way to a .NSP game, it's nothing more than pure propaganda
With a HTTP proxy you can see that Stealth Mode blocks more than pm/creport. Plus local play still works with Stealth Mode unlike Airplane Mode so meh. Either way don't reallly care too much to continue this.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
With a HTTP proxy you can see that Stealth Mode blocks more than pm/creport. Plus local play still works with Stealth Mode unlike Airplane Mode so meh. Either way don't reallly care too much to continue this.

Everything that the stealth mode blocks(As in all communications to Nintendo based URL) you can also block with a simple DNS app. It's nothing revolutionary, it's a copy of what ReiNX and RajNX have been doing for a long time now and worded in a way that makes it SOUND revolutionary but really is nothing more than propaganda to build hype. Understandable since they have a product to sell but it's nothing new

Gunz4Hire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the dongle was the selling point for me. I could honestly use any cfw out there but TX looks the most sleek and nice.

SwitchMods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tried to inject the payload with my phone + type C cable and OTG adapter: it just works. Don't want to pay money for an usb injector right now...

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I originally purchased sxos but now I regret not getting the dongle/jig for it's convenience. I could get the gear but it's red wtf I want black. I will just wait now for Pro II dongle.

Riptide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX Pro because my time that would be spent figuring all the other shit out is worth more than the $40.
If you have free time and enjoy this type of tinkering then by all means go the DIY/ReiNX route.
For those of us that just want something that works, SX OS is a great option.

Reactions: samsam91

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About to order SX, and thinking if i should get just the license and find a cheap jig for $3 on ebay, or buy the SX Pro kit with dongle and jig
are there any pros and cons,? price difference doesnt matter to me
Consider ReiNX if you don't want the dongle. If your doing it because you think 100% stealth mode gonna save you, best not to think that way TX knows the same amount about console bans as everyone else, I'd say if you plan to go online, still plan to be banned.

Last edited by Ericthegreat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game