[Poll] DS Lite, DSi XL, 3DS

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Waflix, May 10, 2011.

?

What should I do?

  1. You should repair your DS Lite

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. You should repair your DSi XL

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You should buy the 3DS

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. You should wait, and buy the successor of the 3DS (redesign)

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Waflix
    OP

    Waflix El Psy Congroo

    Member
    638
    1
    Dec 17, 2010
    Netherlands
    Since both of my screens of my DS Lite broke, and the Touch Screen of my DSi XL, I can only play with my sister's pink DS Lite. But I want something that isn't pink, so I am asking you guys what I should do. Just answer the poll!


    EDIT: New option added to the poll!
     


  2. Foxi4

    Foxi4 On the hunt...

    pip Reporter
    23,448
    21,339
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    DS Lite. Win. Geta a SLOT-2 RAM cart for it too and there's nothing you'll ever need or want more.
     
  3. machomuu

    machomuu Drops by occasionally

    Member
    8,441
    597
    Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    I say do all 3, or at least the XL.
     
  4. ShadowSoldier

    ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

    Member
    9,383
    3,300
    Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    No point in getting the 3DS yet especially when all the games out for it, are subpar. Wait a bit, repair the XL.
     
  5. Scott-105

    Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

    Member
    2,946
    60
    Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    I say get the 3DS. It plays original DS games anyway.
     
  6. TehSkull

    TehSkull Living the life

    Member
    2,700
    388
    Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    Fix the XL AND buy 3DS. You can wait a while before buying the 3DS though.
     
  7. Waflix
    OP

    Waflix El Psy Congroo

    Member
    638
    1
    Dec 17, 2010
    Netherlands
    I've decided what to do. I'm going to replace the LCD-screen myself (€49,99), and I'll buy the successor of the 3DS. The 3DSi Lite XL or something.
     
  8. prowler

    prowler Sony

    Member
    9,473
    2,816
    Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    You'll be waiting a long time, they aren't Apple and they've said themselves that they aren't doing it.
     
  9. Waflix
    OP

    Waflix El Psy Congroo

    Member
    638
    1
    Dec 17, 2010
    Netherlands
    Then I will wait until the price will drop. Especially because I'm going to buy a NXT 2.0.
     
  10. TheDarkSeed

    TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

    Member
    1,180
    45
    May 11, 2009
    United States
    Carson
    I have lots of DSlite repair parts. so that is definitely an option for me. And I'll wait for the revision on that 3DS.
     
  11. tigris

    tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

    Member
    2,689
    239
    Jun 19, 2010
    The Tibetan Himalayas
    Keep DSL, Keep 3DS, Keep GBA games.
     
  12. RNorthex

    RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    443
    20
    Nov 22, 2010
    United States
    if u buy the 3ds, repair your ds lite
    if u don't, repair your xl
     
  13. Waflix
    OP

    Waflix El Psy Congroo

    Member
    638
    1
    Dec 17, 2010
    Netherlands
    Eeeuhm... Why? Repairing my Lite will cost me more money, since 2 LCD's are broken.
     
  14. Hells Malice

    Hells Malice Are you a bully?

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    6,015
    4,416
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Get a 3DS and wait for the storm of good games.
    The price wont drop any time soon, so waiting it pointless.
     
  15. Slyakin

    Slyakin See ya suckers

    Member
    4,450
    40
    Oct 15, 2008
    United States
    Soviet Slyakin
    You should probably just repair your DS Lite and then wait until about December-ish to get the 3DS.

    It's not worth the price now, and by December, the demand will be so low that Nintendo will HAVE to drop the price.
     
  16. KingVamp

    KingVamp Great... AETHER!

    Member
    10,027
    1,791
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Just just no...

    Buy the new gen 3DS and keep the old gen dsi Xl.
     
  17. Waflix
    OP

    Waflix El Psy Congroo

    Member
    638
    1
    Dec 17, 2010
    Netherlands
    Since you all say that I should buy the 3DS in the end, should I buy the 3DS for €249,99 now? Or should I wait? I really can't decide!
     
  18. KingVamp

    KingVamp Great... AETHER!

    Member
    10,027
    1,791
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Well look at game stop and see if you like any games.

    Some the games look pretty good actually.
     
  19. Foxi4

    Foxi4 On the hunt...

    pip Reporter
    23,448
    21,339
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Wait. The 3DS is all cool and dandy, but for now it doesn't offer too many games appart from the stuff you already have on the DS.

    Unless you're into playing DS games only and about 2-3 3DS titles, go ahead and get it. For me, it'd be a silly thing to do but hey - I'm not you. For you it might be the best option.
     
  20. RNorthex

    RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    443
    20
    Nov 22, 2010
    United States
    well i guess then just fix the xl
    unless u got a bunch of gba games, there would be no point