MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
does that vpn client have to be loaded on to every computer/phone/electronic?
Yes, installed and signed in. You can turn it on and off whenever you want or need to. I know some sites won't load for me if I have it on, like if I'm paying my electric bill.

never got caught using usenet, but then again, you're not connected to anyone like with torrents. download at full speed too.
I refuse to use Usenet, I'm not about to pay into yet ANOTHER monthly/yearly thing and try to figure out how it works. It's hella annoying when I finally find a download link, and it wants me to use that paid Usenet trash... BLAGH.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, installed and signed in. You can turn it on and off whenever you want or need to. I know some sites won't load for me if I have it on, like if I'm paying my electric bill.
Yea Netflix won't let me in with my VPN on, have to turn it off.
Edit: No I'm wrong Netflix lets me in, It's my AT&T Live TV Now won't let me in with vpn on..

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Same with me, I torrented something, can't remember now what it was, a movie I think, but got a letter from AT&T warning me....
I had my brother-in-law staying with me, and I had Popcorn Time installed on my livingroom computer with the TV, and told him NOT to watch any Adam Sandler movies, so what does he do? Watches the same Adam Sandler movie TWICE, and I got two copyright strikes. The letters even told me what the movie was, it was The Cobbler.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I refuse to use Usenet, I'm not about to pay into yet ANOTHER monthly/yearly thing and try to figure out how it works. It's hella annoying when I finally find a download link, and it wants me to use that paid Usenet trash... BLAGH.

it works with phones too? how do I sign in with a phone or anything that isn't a computer?

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
Free VPNs more often than not sell your information. Nothing is *truly* free about it. I only spend $40 a year on my VPN, Private Internet Access. They give you up to 5 devices (at a time), which is plenty for a techie nerd bitch like me. I have a friend that uses one, and that leaves me 4, but I typically only use 2 at a time (phone and PC). I just highly suggest you get a paid VPN, the benefits are worth it. I think ExpressVPN is even cheaper, if I remember right.
ProtonVPN doesn't. They are the best free VPN.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
it works with phones too? how do I sign in with a phone or anything that isn't a computer?
You install the phone app version on the phone from either the App Store or the Google Play Store, and sign in with your same credentials just like on the PC.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know if it was possible to use vpn with a college's network, but I never got caught with usenet. nzb matrix was the shit. scene releases are supposed to hit usenet before torrents, because they're much easier to maintain.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
maybe you should do a poll on best vpns or a thread about it. that's what I'd like.
There is a lot of articles and videos I'm sure you can find online

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll take your word for it, but I'm still not going to personally trust *ANY* free VPN.
I don't blame you. However, Proton has no ads or sell your data because they believe in human rights

Reactions: BigOnYa

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's up to my mother now. I told her about nord, and even offered to pay for some of it, but she's on the fence. I think my dad might be gullible enough to open something he shouldn't.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
it's up to my mother now. I told her about nord, and even offered to pay for some of it, but she's on the fence. I think my dad might be gullible enough to open something he shouldn't.
If things don't work out just use ProtonVPN since it's free. If you want suggestions on a paid vpn i would go with IPVanish, Nord or Express

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If things don't work out just use ProtonVPN since it's free. If you want suggestions on a paid vpn i would go with IPVanish, Nord or Express

nord is what I have open atm:

upload_2021-3-7_15-13-24.png

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit