• No, it's a waste of money

Votes: 42 42.0%

• Total voters

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to, because my ISP and Youtube were having a dispute, and I had dial-up speed when watching Youtube at night. I'd have to use a VPN to get faster Youtube. But that solved it self, and I found that VPNs slow down my internet too much. I might subscribe for one in the future.

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I mostly use vpn to access streaming apps in other countries, like bbc iplayer or login to Netflix USA because they have different content.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes it does, No logging, blocks isp throttling, prevents location information and it protects online hacking. I use a free VPN called ProtonVPN for my pc and Thunder VPN for my phone
HI :)

Are you still using this VPN....and are you satisfied withn it?

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just stopped recently, It's pretty good and it offers a lot for a free VPN, and is definitely worth it if you don't want to break the bank, so I'd suggest getting it, the speed is medium and in general works decently
Thx for your reply

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I have a VPN mainly because I have a big name ISP in Canada that tracks when you pirate shit (in terms of torrenting) here at least, aren't invested in private trackers/usenet anyways for now.

My VPN vendor is expressvpn as of writing although I hear mullvad looks good with it's port forwarding features.

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
Personally I have a VPN mainly because I have a big name ISP in Canada that tracks when you pirate shit (in terms of torrenting) here at least, aren't invested in private trackers/usenet anyways for now.

My VPN vendor is expressvpn as of writing although I hear mullvad looks good with it's port forwarding features.
Mullvad is the best vpn but a but pricy compared to Windscribe (pro) (which i use now). I might switch to Mullvad later on

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mullvad is the best vpn but a but pricy compared to Windscribe (pro) (which i use now). I might switch to Mullvad later on

Yeah that's what I hear from the communities I follow on Reddit as well.

I'd have to do some more research for myself honestly but what I'm looking for is better seeding capabilites and especially faster downloading speeds.

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
Yeah that's what I hear from the communities I follow on Reddit as well.

I'd have to do some more research for myself honestly but what I'm looking for is better seeding capabilites and especially faster downloading speeds.
Mullvad has the best security but the speed definitely isn't pristine
https://www.bestvpnforyou.com/vpn-reviews/mullvad-review/
You could see some of it from here
I don't use a VPN. I'm Icelandic and ISPs here don't give two shits if you torrent stuff.
Wish other countries wouldn't look into your data

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use PIA (Private Internet Access)
It is on the cheaper side, 3 years for $79, no increase after or changes like some other ones, I noticed quite a few had a 2 or 3 year deal for X amount, then after that period you get charged that same X amount per year instead of the same multi year deal

My only complaint is the DNS they use is a bit jank, has issues with google image search (only loads first 5 rows then stops, cannot preview images) , and gdrive (doesnt load)

other than that I max out my connection so im fine

Last edited by Joe88,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see your point, however I feel you get some cool extra features with a paid VPN, but you still have to pay
I recommend mullvad downloaded torrents on that and yet have to been wacked it only cost 5 euro or $5.50 usd a month i wonder if it's safe to use their paypal option despite you having a annon account ID for the VPN?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(