Gaming [Poll] Do you think hackers deserve to play Pokémon competitively? Why or why not?

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 200 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 111 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They're identical: there is no difference. There is no way to tell apart a legitimately obtained mon and one that is 'legal', but genned.
is like a finsihed file in TLOZ , one wth invencibility cheat and other played fair, but the cheated you havent palye syou just " passed" the game ... it may be the sabe in bytes but in gameplay time?

Again, just because some people do cheat (by giving Pokémon illegal movesets) doesn't mean that genning legal teams to save time is morally wrong. Whether you want to play friendly battles anymore or not isn't my concern, as that's your decision to make.
but mean the the same thing of zeny losing it's value in RO before the farming bots started, the game interaction never is the same of one all played legit, in both cases

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is like a finsihed file in TLOZ , one wth invencibility cheat and other played fair, but the cheated you havent palye syou just " passed" the game ... it may be the sabe in bytes but in gameplay time?
It's nothing like that at all, that's an absolutely ridiculous comparison. There's no 'cheat' or 'invincibility'; genned Pokémon are no different from legitimate ones, and this is true in all respects.

the game interaction never is the same of one all played legit
Do you have any actual evidence for this claim, in the case of Pokémon?

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do feel like those who gen their Pokémon have the upper hand though. You can say it's not cheating, but it is. That's like using cheat codes to unlock every character, tracks, and kart customization in Mario Kart then immediately go online and use those new features in a tournament against some others who haven't unlocked everything.

I mean, they're laughing their asses off because judges in VGC can't tell if the certain Pokémon is hacked or not since the (legally) hacked Pokémon is acting innocent and being picked on. Am I against cheating? Yes and no. I have mixed feelings with it though.

Last edited by LuxerWap,

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do feel like those who gen their Pokémon have the upper hand though. You can say it's not cheating, but it is. That's like using cheat codes to unlock every character, tracks, and kart customization in Mario Kart then immediately go online and use those new features in a tournament against some others who haven't unlocked everything.

I mean, they're laughing their asses off because judges in VGC can't tell if the certain Pokémon is hacked or not since the hacked Pokémon is acting innocent and being picked on. Am I against cheating? Yes and no. I have mixed feelings with it though.
I don't think TPC or the judges truly do care if they're hacked mons, but pretend they do so that moralfags don't get mad at them for supporting them

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man this is still debatable? Theres no such thing as cheating competitively when you have WIFI checks to prevent them. Legal gen builds do not fall into that category we are just debating over how they obtain the pkmn

banzai200

That dude who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i got into a verlisfy video in form of a thread
My opinion is the following: Yes, everyone should enjoy the same game the ways is presented to them, even if cheating is the way to go
Cheating in pokemon turns wrong when people effectively modifies the monster to break the game, like getting a spiritomb with wonder guard, i don't think there's any problem on making a pokemon with legit moves, legit abilities and maybe a shiny to prettiness, because is the same pokémon, and it has the same potential of a bred one, just with less time put into it
On this topic though, what i really consider a problem, is idiots who considers itself pure and unnecessarily bash other players because of these things, the "cheater" is having the same fun as you, that's the point of the game
one example that really got into my nerves is the already mentioned verlisfy, which, at this point, doesn't have any relevant accomplishments in competitive and yet, bashes even the WORLD CHAMPION just because a raichu is on a dream ball, that's unecessary, and dumb, besides that, the pokémon was accepted into worlds, so it's legit.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By legitimately breeding a Pokémon in-game or by using moderation tools to cheat a Pokémon in the game.
ask yourself this..How can you tell if a pkmn is gened?.... How can you tell if a pkmn is cloned? If you can't give me a valid answer then all of this is just senseless paranoia toward how other players spend their time.
If I battled how can I give you proof that my pkmn aren't gened? I could breed a pkmn for a whole week and the same question still applies to my opponent. Competitive play is about Battle IQ's not just the stats of your pkmn

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Rizzo win, what 3 world titles? Cheated all 3 times and all other tournaments. Tournament people didn't care and even invited him to do commentary. Lol
Worlds is a joke.

LuxerWap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ask yourself this..How can you tell if a pkmn is gened?.... How can you tell if a pkmn is cloned? If you can't give me a valid answer then all of this is just senseless paranoia toward how other players spend their time.
If I battled how can I give you proof that my pkmn aren't gened? I could breed a pkmn for a whole week and the same question still applies to my opponent. Competitive play is about Battle IQ's not just the stats of your pkmn
And this saddens me because people who genned their Pokémon to make it legal can easily get away with it.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have any actual evidence for this claim, in the case of Pokémon?
This is pretty obvious, I can't have a evidence since it haven't even the chance of having a worldwide competitive without cheaters xp

It's nothing like that at all, that's an absolutely ridiculous comparison. There's no 'cheat' or 'invincibility'; genned Pokémon are no different from legitimate ones, and this is true in all respects.
It's not the same because you don't played to get them! if it is the same why don't you stop getting cheat and play fair?
"to do not waste time"
there the difference , this " waste of time" was how the game meant to be played,if you can't understand how this affect everything around the multplayer, I think you don't get how the game work at all

q9p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this saddens me because people who genned their Pokémon to make it legal can easily get away with it.
You can't tell if the Pokemon is genned or caught normally. The only way of being caught is by telling someone, who snitches on you, because they're a moralfag.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@MasterJ360 Thanks for wording so well the point I've struggled to get across.

Why does it sadden when there's literally no consequence to it? Why do you care so much about how other people spend their time, as opposed to how good they are at actually battling?

It's not the same because you don't played to get them! if it is the same why don't you stop getting cheat and play fair?
Because the end result is the same, and some people don't have the time to (or simply don't want to) breed/train Pokémon when they just want to battle.

there the difference , this " waste of time" was how the game meant to be played,
You don't get to decide 'how the game was meant to be played', I'm afraid.

if you can't understand how this affect everything around the multplayer, I think you don't get how the game work at all
Battling is the same, and hence multiplayer is not affected.

q9p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sliter said:
"to do not waste time"
there the difference , this " waste of time" was how the game meant to be played,if you can't understand how this affect everything around the multplayer, I think you don't get how the game work at all

It's still cheating if you use 6IV Dittos. I don't see anyone getting butthurt about this. even if there are players who breed with 6IV Dittos, they're still cheating. Meaning that those people, by your definition, should be disqualified.

Lets make it fair and square for everyone. If you want to be a dick about someone genning Pokemon, lets make sure that players caught with RNG manipulated (or easily genned) Dittos should be DQ'd from tourneys.

I'm just going by your shitty argument.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's still cheating if you use 6IV Dittos. I don't see anyone getting butthurt about this. even if there are players who breed with 6IV Dittos, they're still cheating. Meaning that those people, by your definition, should be disqualified.

Lets make it fair and square for everyone. If you want to be a dick about someone genning Pokemon, lets make sure that players caught with RNG manipulated (or easily genned) Dittos should be DQ'd from tourneys.

I'm just going by your shitty argument.
Also hacking in ×999 Master Balls, Rare Candies, Wings, Life Orbs, or TMs (pre-Gen V), should they be disqualified as well?

LuxerWap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it sadden when there's literally no consequence to it? Why do you care so much about how other people spend their time, as opposed to how good they are at actually battling?
Because people like me actually put in the effort to breed and train our Pokémon. Perfect IVs or not. Pokémon are the creatures we use to love and share a bond with by training, and pushing forward above out level. To succeed and reach our goal to be the very best. No matter how many times we lose, we'll always plan a different strategy until we win.

Pokémon are not tools your entertainment. They are born from an Egg to a fully grown creature. Not generated by a tool, I don't need a fully trained Pokémon, packed and ready to go, from a stupid computer application. Where's the fun in that? It's lazy, not enjoyable, and not being able to share a bond to your Pokémon.

One thing that really ticks me off about the competitive play is the usage of the same Pokémon. What the heck happened to choosing a Pokémon you like and went on with it? Using only the same Pokémon doesn't give you a high chance to win.

TL;DR: Breeding a Pokémon is a start to build a bond with that Pokémon. Training and training leads to success and it's fun. Genning Pokémon...not so much. You just get a Pokémon...and that's it. Again, where's the fun in that? And only needing that Pokémon just to win a tournament? I'm sorry, but that's not right. Not at all.

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because people like me actually put in the effort to breed and train our Pokémon. Perfect IVs or not. Pokémon are the creatures we use to love and share a bond with by training, and pushing forward above out level. To succeed and reach our goal to be the very best. No matter how many times we lose, we'll always plan a different strategy until we win.

Pokémon are not tools your entertainment. They are born from an Egg to a fully grown creature. Not generated by a tool, I don't need a fully trained Pokémon, packed and ready to go, from a stupid computer application. Where's the fun in that? It's lazy, not enjoyable, and not being able to share a bond to your Pokémon.

One thing that really ticks me off about the competitive play is the usage of the same Pokémon. What the heck happened to choosing a Pokémon you like and went on with it? Using only the same Pokémon doesn't give you a high chance to win.

TL;DR: Breeding a Pokémon is a start to build a bond with that Pokémon. Training and training leads to success and it's fun. Genning Pokémon...not so much. You just get a Pokémon...and that's it. Again, where's the fun in that? And only needing that Pokémon just to win a tournament? I'm sorry, but that's not right. Not at all.
What

Pokemon are fucking bits of data in a video game, they're not real

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's all well and good for you, but you really need to understand that that is your way of playing the game, and other people have different views and preferences to you. How does other people playing their games differently to you affect you in any way? No-one's forcing you to play competitively; no-one's forcing you to play your game any other way than how you want to, so why is it that you're casting moral judgements on those who wish to play their game their way? You have your idea of 'fun', and other people have their idea. Some people find it fun to play competitively, even with genned Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf