ROM Hack PokeSaving..

CookiesMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So.... If I got a poorly trained Pokemon, by it means, not EV trained. I wanted to modify it with PokeSav while letting it retain its 'legit' position into an EV trained Pokemon, what note is needed to be taken? Changing the nature? Balancing the stats?

And too, I don't have another Nintendo DS yet I wanted to transfer my Pokemons from SoulSilver and Platinum to my Black version. I've thought of extracting the .pkm files (Orginally legit) from both of the games' save and import it into my Black save but however, I wanted to know what am I going to modify the Pokemon, for the summary page to be listing it as a 'traded' or 'transferred' Pokemon? Completely legit of course, I don't want to mess up something and let it became a semi-legit poop or anything else...

Help is needed from any PokeSav experts, please!

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the first question, always remember that EVs can only add up to 510, with 255 in one stat. For the transfer question, you would need to download PokeGen and make it so it says "PokeTransferred", because PokeSav doesn't have the option. I also had that problem. So basically, you make it "PokeTransferred" in PokeGen, save the file, import it into PokeSav, and don't touch the met status.

CookiesMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Okay, what about the IVs thingy? Forgot to ask about it too... 255 Each stats? Does it mean from Attack ~ Speed all will be 255 ? @~@ Ah, forgive me for asking it..

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, what about the IVs thingy? Forgot to ask about it too... 255 Each stats? Does it mean from Attack ~ Speed all will be 255 ? @~@ Ah, forgive me for asking it..
Nope, there's a cap of 510 total, while a cap of 255 for each status. You can only raise two statuses' EVs to maximum (255 * 2 = 510). EVs are counted in multiples of 4 (4, 8, 12, 16, 20... 252, 256), but since it isn't possible to raise it to 256, the actual 'maximum' is 252. Raising it to 252 vs. 255 won't change anything. If you raise the two statuses' EVs to 255, you're wasting 6 EV, so raise it to 252, then give the 6 (or 4, since it's all in multiples of 4) to another untrained status.

IV are set randomly (between 0~31, 31 being the highest) and cannot be changed, unless you use a modifier. For example, if you have two pikachu's of identical level, but different statuses for, say, speed (one is 10, while the other is 11), the one with 11 has a higher IV than the one with 10. You can use save data modifiers (i.e. pokegen or pokesav) to view the IV, or use an online calculator (only works if you know the exact EV given for each status).

Modifying anything that is set solid (nature, IV, etc.) will alter the PID, which has to be changed accordingly, but pokegen calculates it automatically for you, so no worries about it.

CookiesMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hmm, actually I don't know a lot of EV training.... If there's a Pokemon which've been EV trained since level 1, it'll be having a stat of, for example, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Atk and other stat with super low EV points ?_? Oops... Really don't know about it >_>

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, actually I don't know a lot of EV training.... If there's a Pokemon which've been EV trained since level 1, it'll be having a stat of, for example, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Atk and other stat with super low EV points ?_? Oops... Really don't know about it >_>
Each pokemon has a set base stat for each status (HP~speed). Take a look at Pikachu's base stats. There are three things that ultimately affect a pokemon's status: nature, IV and EV. This is the formula to calculate what your status should be [source]:

HPStatCalcGen34.png

OtherStatCalcGen34.png

Depending on the nature, one stat will be multiplied by 1.1 (increases) and another will be multiplied by 0.9 (decreases). Higher the IV, higher the status (refer to the formulas). The more EV you give to a status, the higher the status will be on a given level (input those variables in manually to understand how much stronger your pokemon will become with 0 EV on a status vs. 252 EV on a status)

CookiesMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Each pokemon has a set base stat for each status (HP~speed). Take a look at Pikachu's base stats. There are three things that ultimately affect a pokemon's status: nature, IV and EV. This is the formula to calculate what your status should be [source]:

HPStatCalcGen34.png

OtherStatCalcGen34.png

Depending on the nature, one stat will be multiplied by 1.1 (increases) and another will be multiplied by 0.9 (decreases). Higher the IV, higher the status (refer to the formulas). The more EV you give to a status, the higher the status will be on a given level (input those variables in manually to understand how much stronger your pokemon will become with 0 EV on a status vs. 252 EV on a status)
A normal un-EV trained Pokemon can't really win against an EV trained Pokemon? Heh, thanks for your willingness to answer my question, pretty much understood hohohohohoho (:

CookiesMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
For the first question, always remember that EVs can only add up to 510, with 255 in one stat. For the transfer question, you would need to download PokeGen and make it so it says "PokeTransferred", because PokeSav doesn't have the option. I also had that problem. So basically, you make it "PokeTransferred" in PokeGen, save the file, import it into PokeSav, and don't touch the met status.
Where is the PokeTransferred option in PokeGen? I can't seemed to find it @_@
EDIT: I gave up on finding the way to transfer my Pokemons from SoulSilver and Platinum to Black... I'll ask it here... How am I going to transfer them to my Pokemon Black? What am I going to use and do? I'm really desperate to get an answer now so anyone, please, give me some pointers! By the way I own all the original cart of the three games and would just use the R4i Save Dongle to dump the save..

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to beat Black first, then go to the PokeTransfer building and voila! You can transfer them.

CookiesMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Omg I hate you @.@ I don't have two DSes and wanted a convenient way to trade 'em all in once without messing up the 'legality' of them.. Sorry that I needed spoonfeed but I really don't know about them, I'm going crazy when I just can't figure out the way to.. Even through Google -___- Please help meh!!

CookiesMilk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I did tried using it by dragging them onto it.. Example for my SoulSilver, just 120 .pkm files it converted partly through and crashed on certain part ._. Not even half of the .pkmn files were converted and it crashed, not working for me.. T_T

Codr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, you make it "PokeTransferred" in PokeGen, save the file, import it into PokeSav
This is like loading a file in Wordpad to insert the date and time, saving it as plain text, then loading it into Notepad. I lack words to describe the utter pointlessness. Can we stop proliferating such ideas? Thanks!

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, you make it "PokeTransferred" in PokeGen, save the file, import it into PokeSav
This is like loading a file in Wordpad to insert the date and time, saving it as plain text, then loading it into Notepad. I lack words to describe the utter pointlessness. Can we stop proliferating such ideas? Thanks!
PokeSav doesn't have the option, and IIRC, the OP wanted it to say the Pokemon was transferred from Gen4....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it's called the last ronin