pokesave editor vs AR codes

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by WezG, Apr 28, 2007.

Apr 28, 2007

pokesave editor vs AR codes by WezG at 11:37 PM (3,228 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. WezG
    OP

Newcomer WezG Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I think the AR codes, I am only using the wild encounter (on a backup of my GF's Pearl) then trading them to my Diamond, so they are still encountered, and the ar wont mess up the game, I think its pretty fair for people that cant be bothered going through the older games again (like me!) I finished red years ago, and emerald, but couldnt be bothered with leaf green/ fire red, they had enough money/time off me! I like to "finish" ie 100% my favourite games, and doing this has stopped alot of people doing that.
    So as long as people dont modify the actual stats, I think AR codes are fine, using pkmn files for pokesav is a bit risky I think, coz you dont know the long term effects if someone has messed around with some stat or something, or even something little like they had it slot 4, you put it in 5. Ive had loads of daft probs with pokesav...

2. aj421

Member aj421 GBAtemp Regular

Puerto Rico
    I prefer AR codes

3. Fieryshadowz

Member Fieryshadowz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i have no problems with pokesav... i even made all 3 types of burmy's with correct stats, moves, natures, and actually stats that would be found ingame...

4. Antihero2007

Member Antihero2007 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I use pokesave to make male and female versions of the pokemon I want then breed them. Pokemon breeding if disturbing I have a Baulbasaur whos father is it's grandfather.

5. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    The save editor, because it doesn't cause stupid stats on your save file, which you can't necessarily undo

6. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i like pokesav as mentioned by Antihero2007 you can alter the stats give yourself shiny's and any pokemon in the game, get every TM/HM in the game as well as other items, pal park modifier, underground modifier, random battle modifier storage box modifier, modify the OT, IV & EV of your pokemon and trainer id too, those things you cannot yet do with a action replay.

yes there is that, if anything goes wrong with the game you can backup before hand to restore the save or restore the savefile within pokesav.

7. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    My vote goes to...

PokéSave!! [​IMG] It's simply amazing! And you CAN do ANYTHING with it!! [​IMG]

Better than anything else! [​IMG]

8. SkH

Algeria
    RESTORE the save file within PokéSav?? It can do that? (That is the "Revert" button? But what's it do??)

9. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    yeah i meant the revert button, i haven't used it myself but i am going to presume that it restores your stats or anything that you modified before messing up the save file, like a undo button.

10. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    Nah, it just reverts to the original file... much like loading up the save file again... except without going to load... selecting file etc

11. SkH

Algeria
    Ah well... but this PokéSav prog safe to use, yes? [​IMG]

12. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    well i've used it multiple times now and nothing has gone wrong yet, just don't go all crazy with the stats and be too greedy with stuff and you should be fine, backup your saves regularly.

13. minavus

Newcomer minavus Member

United States
    pokesav is much faster to use

14. WezG
    OP

Newcomer WezG Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    do things acutually get all the proper moves when you use pokesav? I just dont wanna end up evolving it and the stats end up out of whack, I think edititing your acutual game is a bad idea, as when I tried it, it messed up a few days later (all I did was add some pokemon). also can anyone tell me, when you import a pokemon (officially I mean) through Pal Park, wot does it say for where it was caught? So if I do random encounter at Pal Park (if there is any grass or anything there? not been yet), it will look like I imported it [​IMG]

15. HBK

Member HBK Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)

Portugal
    First, yes, if you give the basic moves (e.g. Tackle, Growl) to your Piplup, for example, it will get the appropriate moves when evolving. Secondly, you must have screwed up or something, so always keep a backup in case something goes wrong!

If you import a Pokemon, it says "Hoenn" or "Kanto" in it's summary, if you transferred from R/S/E or Fr/Lg, respectively.