Gaming Pokemon Y USA not playing on Japan 3ds

Richard Domingo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I just recently bought a secondhand nintendo 3ds, and as I search for pokemon y\x compatibility on the japan 3ds, i thought that since pokemon Y is a worlwide release and can play up to many languages, maybe my 3ds can play it. so i bought pokemon Y and when I put it in my 3ds it doesnt start up. Is it because of the region locking? or can I perhaps use regionthree to unlock it? my firmware is at 9.5.0.23j. I'm a newbie so please bear with me. Thanks :))

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hi, yes... the 3ds is region locked sorry.
your 3ds is on the latest fw... if it was an older fw you would be able to hack a bit (or a lot) and get past the region lock.
but nintendo recently fixed it. you are stuck, sorry

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I actually wonder how much money they wasted in manufacturing 3 versions of exactly the same software, without even a release date excuse...

alin72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds is region locked so you can't play US games on a Japan 3ds. You can get a gateway card then you can play any games on any region's 3ds in the classic mode.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
X/Y, which have at least 3 ROMs (one for each region) with a release date scheme that gave Nintendo zero of the "benefits" of region locking
The software is exactly the same, I think the only difference was the update included on the cart

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Ah right, they were forced to do that due to the update partition...

yeah, i understand why they have region lock (because they have licenses etc, just because you are allowed to sell something in japan does not mean you are allowed to sell it in china)
but sure, it does not apply to every game...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-