Hacking Pokemon X/Y retail on GW 2.0 *ONLINE WORKING*

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one get past the problem of already having a save on their pokemon cart? Does loading the game on a 6.3 3DS and erasing the save work? Or is that copy of pokemon just doomed to not work?

This is exactly what I came in here to ask. Can someone test this out and give feedback here please?

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
problem is to test it involves deleting their save, not something many people will want to test hahaha. If that is the only way, I will totally delete my save- after backing up all my pokemon/items on a friends game of course lol I can't actually run the test myself as im still waiting on my gateway to arrive. If it doesnt work, I guess our only hope really is just running a rom, which from the sounds of it lacks online....

Question(cant be answered with a real test):
Once pokemon works from a rom would the save created for the rom allow the physical cart to load, since you'd now have a save for the game? I know this can't be tested yet since we cant run pokemon via rom, but in theory.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
problem is to test it involves deleting their save, not something many people will want to test hahaha. If that is the only way, I will totally delete my save- after backing up all my pokemon/items on a friends game of course lol I can't actually run the test myself as im still waiting on my gateway to arrive. If it doesnt work, I guess our only hope really is just running a rom, which from the sounds of it lacks online....

Question(cant be answered with a real test):
Once pokemon works from a rom would the save created for the rom allow the physical cart to load, since you'd now have a save for the game? I know this can't be tested yet since we cant run pokemon via rom, but in theory.

I dont think so every game has its own save i didnt hear anyone sharing saves before? i dont know but i doubt youd be able to use a save from a rom on a retail cart

james7344

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll check it out for you guys right now. We got my XL running brand new Y I JUST opened up so I'll play like 30 seconds and save then check it on the other 3ds without Gateway, then check again on Gateway 3dsxl and delete the save from the 3ds. It's not my 3ds so I'll do it real quick lol

m2300

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
question for people with eshop venison of Pokemon running on EMUnand can you transfer the SD card content to another card and have two saves or more ? and i mean transferring every thing including the EMUnand portion to another card

james7344

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok for Physical copy I can confirm that deleting the save (By holding Up+B+X) will delete the file and reset it. When it reads "File isn't gonna work homie" you just do that and it deletes it all and makes it work JUST with that Nand (or 3DS) and so I tried both ways, both Emunand first then retail, and vice versa and found it will work so long as you entirely delete your save. The save even happens just by having started the game into the main menu.

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So once you delete your save, and load in on your emunand 3ds to make a new save what happens if you load the cart into another 3ds? Does it act as if the game has no saves, thus auto making one and ruining your emunand one?

Also thanks for the test, so the conclusion you drew was- backup our pokemon and delete our saves on emunand?

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Savegames#6.0.0-11_Savegame_keyY
The keyY used for calculating this AES MAC is initialized while NATIVE_FIRM is loading, this keyY is generated via the RSA engine. The RSA slot used here is slot0(key-data for slot0 is initialized by bootrom), this RSA slot0 key-data is overwritten once the system boots any CXIs from NAND like NS.
That means, after the real 4.5, which doesn't know anything about the new save method is booted up, the RSA keyslot is overwritten and the 6.3 firmware on emuNAND can't generate the right savegame KeyY.

There are only 2 ways:
  1. Play the games always on emuNAND and hope, emuNAND works in the future
  2. Play the games always on real NAND

Both is not possible. And no, there is really no way to bypass this, until the bootrom and all hidden keys are dumped.

james7344

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once you delete your save, and load in on your emunand 3ds to make a new save what happens if you load the cart into another 3ds? Does it act as if the game has no saves, thus auto making one and ruining your emunand one?

Also thanks for the test, so the conclusion you drew was- backup our pokemon and delete our saves on emunand?
Well, I'm not sure how you backup your Pokemon but if you can save them online then.. it might work. When you so much as just start the game in another 3ds (Ex:Retail->Emunand) it says that the game is corrupt and will not load anything so you are FORCED to delete and start over. Thus, you can't so much as borrow the game from a friend without deleting their save.

But, like I said, if you know a way to save Pokemon somewhere else and retrieve them later with another save (for instance, trade to someone else, reset, then trade back for all of them) then you would be able to. However, because the 3ds save is created from the Nand image, you most likely will not be able to retrieve the pokemon online from another 3ds (if there is even a function like that).

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
by backup i meant trade to friend*

But based on this topic and others saying online works, then it sounds like its as simple as trading your pokemon to a friend(in my case my roomate) then creating a new save with my 3ds emunand, getting to the point where I can trade, and trading them back.
The only problem with this is if online for some reason doesnt work- but several people have said the opposite when it comes to retail carts.

The big question is if there are other ways for a save to become corrupted, which I hope not, else playing games with important data like pokemon isnt very safe.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The whole save issue is the KeyY thing, new save method flags dont exist in 4.1-4.5, and the emuNAND of 6.3 is still running from a 4.x base, pretty sure you could share cart between EmuNAND devices if the save has been created on 1, just not any actual real 6.3 System, and vice versa

james7344

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what you're saying is you assume if you have two GW3D 6.3's starting pokemon and swapping it would work or two retails it would work, but any combination will not?

I cannot test that theory (that's three damn 3ds's lol) so you're on your own for that one. It sucks that we can't have two saves on a Pokemon game though cus I have mine and I would like to be able to have my bro play his own story then battle (somehow swapping 3 saves accross two 3ds's) and play each other.

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
By the way, someone PMed me telling me that my posts have been misleading.
Indeed when I said KeyY, I meant the initial key present in the slot that is used to generate the unique (per game) savedata KeyY key.
(that's assuming it did, change, since that keyslot cannot be read), the algorithm to generate the final key did change however.)

My bad if my posts have caused any confusion.

(I need to be more up to date with the actual terms in use, I've only red the 3dsbrew wiki very recently :/)

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guys, just curious, has anyone attempted cloning here yet? (referring to eshop vers.)

1. Backup the entire SD card. (eg: windisk imager, includes game + sav + emunand)
2. Trade a pokemon away.
3. Place back all the contents into SD (eg: windisk back the image in 1.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!