Hacking Pokemon X/Y retail game with save on GW2.2?

profiden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all!

I have a pokemon X retail game, and gateway 2.2 card, Its possible dump my retail game and keeps the save state and play again from the dump? (Using online etc)

I read that gateway 2.2 have new features about saves and online support, but I have this questions, thanks a lot for the time.

KimCW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
How about for other games? Like Bravely Default? I dumped my bravely default game and the save from retail catridge .. But my save file is corrupted . And the save inside the catridge disappeared.:(
Need some guidance for step by step how to dump retail games along with the save file to work in GW. Thanks.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
How about for other games? Like Bravely Default? I dumped my bravely default game and the save from retail catridge .. But my save file is corrupted . And the save inside the catridge disappeared.:(
Need some guidance for step by step how to dump retail games along with the save file to work in GW. Thanks.
if the save encryption for the game you are playing, any game, is one that gateway cannot support, then you will not be able to use the save and it will appear corrupted.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if the game was played in gateway classic mode the save should be compatible, if you dumped your save you will be able to restore it to your cart too,
if you played it on a console genuinely updated (not emunand) the save will not be compatible

as long as the bravely default save is 512kb when dumped that is, the process for using saves from games that are car1 saving are different you have to dump the save using the save dump tool in the gateway menu then they have to be renamed to the games title ID

Reactions: KimCW

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make it kind of simple, if you are trying to import a save from a game cart that has been released in the past year, there is a very high likelihood that you will not be able to import the save without it showing up as corrupt. The only exceptions to this will be if they have been played on a Gateway modded 3DS and saved on that system. There is currently no way to work around this problem.

Edit: ninja'ed

Reactions: KimCW

KimCW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So the conclusion.. BEfore i dump the save from the cart.. the cart must used/played in Emunand classic mode 1st?

Thanks alot guys.. i got my answer.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
rename to .3dz and it will work, if its .3ds it uses no card specific data, your save that is on there is cart specific it NEEDS to be using the cart specific header to be able to read your existing save

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I got a second hand copy of Pokemon X that has a save on it. Anytime I try to start the retail copy in emunand classic mode it comes up as a corrupted save. I have tried Dumping the rom and renaming it to 3dz and also tried it as 3ds and it comes up as a corrupted save regardless. Now I dont care one bit about the save is there any way just to clear the save to make the game bootable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-