Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It is offline. :) I've been trying to trade between my Gateway and my retail cartridge locally. Just doesn't want to work for some reason.
are they both on the same update i.e 1.0-1.2?
not sure if this has any bearing but are they they same region too?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
so using the save i would have to use the contrast release, or would my own dump work?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
region does not matter, but the version might even if offline, it does for animal crossing i think... but you only need to remove/rename? the update/remove the sd card if so

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

They're both without the patches. My real game is the AUS version and the rom is the US one. I didn't think that would make a difference, but maybe that's why. There isn't anyway for me to use the save with my region though, is there? Don't think it'd work but I'm willing to try it. lol.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They're both without the patches. My real game is the AUS version and the rom is the US one. I didn't think that would make a difference, but maybe that's why. There isn't anyway for me to use the save with my region though, is there? Don't think it'd work but I'm willing to try it. lol.
try setting emunand up :)

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'll try it on my other 3DS because I'm scared I'll stuff up or something on my XL. lol. But might leave it until tomorrow. Hopefully that will work. Actually, I might try using the save with a dump of my game, just to see. If not, emunand it is!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah i don't have a copy of pokemon to hand so can't check till tomorrow either :(

one last thing is the console your using the EU save on EU or US region?

i know download play doesn't work if the rom is out of region...that might be the issue

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This worked for me on both a Gateway dump of Pokemon X and the release by ABSTRAKT. I just copied the save with a hex editor in the right place.

Reactions: Margen67

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i don't have a copy of pokemon to hand so can't check till tomorrow either :(

one last thing is the console your using the EU save on EU or US region?

i know download play doesn't work if the rom is out of region...that might be the issue

I'm dumping my Pokemon X now, might take a while though. I'll either try it out when it's done or tomorrow. I used the save on the CONTRAST rom, console was bought in Australia. Really hoping the region issue is the problem and that it'll work this time. :)

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to edit the wondercard data for Diancie (on a save with the wondercard of course) and change the hex value of diancie to a hoopa or volcanion to get them?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Guys. I can proudly confirm that the save works in both regions of the Pokemon X rom [(E) and (U)].

Now, it's not that I'm an ungrateful jerk, but I expected AZ Floette as well :'(
wait and see what saves we get from other users ;)................you ungrateful jerk :P

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It is offline. :) I've been trying to trade between my Gateway and my retail cartridge locally. Just doesn't want to work for some reason.

This might sound like a dumb question, but are both 3DS's wireless on?

Would it be possible to edit the wondercard data for Diancie (on a save with the wondercard of course) and change the hex value of diancie to a hoopa or volcanion to get them?

No.

If it was possible, it would already have been done.

It's not possible, because the hashes calculation is not exactly discovered yet.

When will it be possible? No freaking idea.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well im kinda thinking gtaking must of been able to transfer them to his rom from retail....so it must work the other way around

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep of course. lol. What happens is, when I send a trade on either 3DS, it'll say the other player isn't available, and then the GW game will go off and not let me trade again. I've had to turn both systems off just to appear in the PSS. My game is almost dumped, so going to try out the save with that. If that doesn't work, emunand will be my only solution. If it doesn't work after that, I have no idea. o.O

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yep of course. lol. What happens is, when I send a trade on either 3DS, it'll say the other player isn't available, and then the GW game will go off and not let me trade again. I've had to turn both systems off just to appear in the PSS. My game is almost dumped, so going to try out the save with that. If that doesn't work, emunand will be my only solution. If it doesn't work after that, I have no idea. o.O

That is just weird.

Mine both appears, without that kind of hassle.

My setup:

GW on 4.5 FW 3DS XL. Worked on both US and JP Rom. (Note that the JP rom was forced to US mode, because it's a US console, so meh)

Retail cart on 7.1.0

Both have the patch. (I traded with my friends from patchless to patch, so I know local doesn't use patch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length