Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently made the source to KeySAV and Mass Dumper public; if people want to dump pkx files again they can use the version of Mass Dumper I posted here.

You can view/edit with your own hex editor or the latest version of PKHeX.

(and no, there still is no public method of injection available)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can confirm that the KeySAV and Mass Dumper work with Gateway's encryption; however, I haven't managed to make more than a single box to work with Mass Dumper.

The info in the first page has been update. If someone knows a tool to view or edit pkx files with written names for moves, etc instead of values, you can post it here. I only found the "Pikaedit" tool, but it doesn't show the TSV nor ESV.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The info in the first page has been update. If someone knows a tool to view or edit pkx files with written names for moves, etc instead of values, you can post it here. I only found the "Pikaedit" tool, but it doesn't show the TSV nor ESV.

You mean something like this?

Can edit everything that is needed.

pk6/ek6 will be the format for this gen as it can be applied to past-gen files (pk3/pk4/pk5) to prevent the mixup of certain generation formats. Ez futureproof.

PKHeX can load pk*/ek*.

As for TSVs/ESVs, there are converters out there.

Wesco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could this be used to edit in the other event Legendaries? (Hoopa and co.) Or, switching in Pokemon from other regions?

EDIT: Had a play and there's no way to inject the data back in, but we have the keys, so I'm thinking it'll only be a matter of time, correct?

DRWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could this be used to edit in the other event Legendaries? (Hoopa and co.) Or, switching in Pokemon from other regions?

EDIT: Had a play and there's no way to inject the data back in, but we have the keys, so I'm thinking it'll only be a matter of time, correct?

Those are only partial keystreams. Not nearly enough to reconstruct a full save file, fix checksums\hashes, etc.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a little something new ~ for those who don't have powersaves or a digital copy:

kwMzX.jpg

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?37568
(no, still no injection for the masses)

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
soooo, it's only use is seeing one's shiny value, right? by using in the 2 battles a shiny pokemon born/captured by said person?

edit: ah ok, in the linked page there's written how to check an egg.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if I'm understanding the OP correctly, is it possible to edit IVs to achieve certain hidden power types?

Sure you can edit the pkx to have whatever hidden power type you want; the correlation is unchanged (base power is static 60 now).

soooo, it's only use is seeing one's shiny value, right? by using in the 2 battles a shiny pokemon born/captured by said person?

By turning off a certain ingame option, you can save game -> hatch -> battle -> save video -> reset -> eggs are now unhatched.

Essentially allows people to check/extract pkx's and their shiny values without any hardware or digital copy. However, it's a little more time consuming and can realistically only check 5 things at a time.

Reactions: cearp

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
... use KeyBV which was already mentioned a few posts above. Extract the .pk6's and open them with PKHeX.

Is there a way to convert battle videos on the sd card and view them on PC? I played a VGC tournament recently and would love to be able to upload the footage to youtube :P

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there a way to convert battle videos on the sd card and view them on PC? I played a VGC tournament recently and would love to be able to upload the footage to youtube :P

Those are not true videos, they are just commands. Maybe a site like Pokemon Showdown could support them in a future, but that's it.

D

Deleted User

Of course not; how would you even obtain in-game footage from your computer?

Use a camera.

Can't you use that wire to connect the 3ds to your computer like streamers do? and just use camtasia to record and continue?

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you use that wire to connect the 3ds to your computer like streamers do? and just use camtasia to record and continue?

... except they have hardware modified 3DSes which allow them to export.

Even so; battle videos from Live Tournaments have a different XORpad and can't be uploaded online. KeyBV can only decrypt relevant portions and cannot convert a Live Tournament video to an online-friendly one.

D

Deleted User

... except they have hardware modified 3DSes which allow them to export.

Even so; battle videos from Live Tournaments have a different XORpad and can't be uploaded online. KeyBV can only decrypt relevant portions and cannot convert a Live Tournament video to an online-friendly one.

Yea, got it; thanks for clarifying, i don't own a 3ds and always assumed they have some sort of "video out" already made. The prices seem extreme though, but I can understand; just did some googling and see that in fact it is a pretty delicate process.

Poundingcake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if I'm being ignorant here, but I'm confused by the original post. I see that in the post it talks about taking out the save files to add Pokemon to the boxes. Is there a way to inject them back in? I did notice that the "outdated" section mentioned you cannot inject them, but since I cannot find such post in the new information or in my scanning of this thread, is there a way to inject them back in. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...