Votes: 197 36.7%

• Total voters

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well if you like mewtwo more power to you, however not everyone is going to hold onto mewtwo is all i'm saying.

Which doesn't mean that no one will use it.
It is used in competition in the uber tier.
People also use at least one legendary in regular play.

God knows I know many people who will use it to try different sets with it.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda disappointed that the Kalos Region pokemon are not getting the Mega treatment, at least for the Kalos Starters, but the game is still going to be great. Team Flare's agenda is going to be deeper than what they are letting on, so I'm not worried on that front.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: signz

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
http://www.digitalspy.ca/gaming/new...d-effect-in-overworld-for-better-visuals.html

Developers explain the lack of 3D in overworld.

EDIT:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/09/pokemon_x_mon_cries

Pokemon almost had a pokémon translator which would include the words a Pokemon would say, each time it does it's cry. LOL

That was deductable, but it's nice to have a confirmation from Junichi Masuda.
If Overworld is ugly without 3D, how bad would it be with 3D?

I never use 3D, so for me, the lacking of 3D won't make any difference.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That was deductable, but it's nice to have a confirmation from Junichi Masuda.
If Overworld is ugly without 3D, how bad would it be with 3D?

I never use 3D, so for me, the lacking of 3D won't make any difference.

I honestly do not give a f*** whether it has 3D or not. I'm just here for the game

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I honestly do not give a f*** whether it has 3D or not. I'm just here for the game

Me too :D
Honestly, I would preffer if 3DS didn't have 3D(of course it would have a different name),
the 3D is just a gimmick that doesn't add much and consumes too much raw power.

Reactions: signz

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://venturebeat.com/2013/09/19/pokemon-x-y-interview/

Folks, this could get good.
Masuda discusses taking Pokemon into a mature, darker direction in order to appeal to adults and seasoned players.
Apparently the mega evo concept is a result from it. Hoping to flesh the strategic concept of the game.

The reason why Fairy type was created is to re-balance the game. (Which I so fucking agree)

Also they talk abount MMORPG consideration and there's a little snippet about pokémon snap. LOL

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm a darker storyline would be good (and here i thought team galactic took the cake for that i mean Cyrus wanted to destroy the Pokemon universe essentially killing all humans/Pokemon on the Pokemon world and rebuild it to his image)

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who the hell would trade a Mewtwo over a starter?!
Starters are breedable, just a dumbass would trade it's Mewtwo for a starter,
even more considering it would have a Mewtwonite X/Y.

Whichever starter you choose, it becomes impossible to obtain the other two in the game without trading with someone.
So if someone choose Fennekin, and would later like a Froakie as well (and it's 3 Pokedex entries and possible Mega form) then they might be willing to trade a Mewtwo.

Mewtwo obviously is the stronger pokemon, but since the other starters can't be obtained outside of trading, it'd be a reasonable trade.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its not a reasonable trade for anyone. unbreedable one of a kind pokemon (or to be more precise here, one of a kind item, cause there will be a surplus of mewtwos from older gens... I've got like 14 spread through random games) are hardly ever traded for normal stuff, specially not the starters. or do you think all those people on GTS that wanted to get rayquaza for their rattata and lugia for their bidoof ever found a trade partner (that wasnt hacking)?
people trade their starter for other peoples starters. they may trade starters for other games version exclusives, or even something from an old game if they don't possess the old games. but theres nothing reasonable to trade one of a kind anything for anything thats breedable.
add to that that breeded starters will be available en mass by the time the first mega mewtwos have been caught.

legendary trading for this and that happened a lot in the ds era though, but mainly due to how easy it was to pokegen/clone things ever since we could freely trade online

having said all that, theres still so many people who start over their game that might want to trade with you for whatever. but you should probably expect to have to give something better than a starter. maybe your cover legendary. those always work really well to trade cause there are many that just want all cover legendaries.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
multipost
I'll use this accidental post to say that the no 3D on overworld thing sounds slightly weird, considering that allowing 3D effect would not stop them from being able to show this beautiful world in more detail once people turn of 3D by themselves. (turning off 3D frees some processing power and gives them a higher resolution to work with)

Its not like theres anyone keeping 3D on all the time anyway.

on the other hand, having 3D only in battles with breaks for the eyes inbetween might actually be a good idea. More games should do it like that.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whichever starter you choose, it becomes impossible to obtain the other two in the game without trading with someone.
So if someone choose Fennekin, and would later like a Froakie as well (and it's 3 Pokedex entries and possible Mega form) then they might be willing to trade a Mewtwo.

Mewtwo obviously is the stronger pokemon, but since the other starters can't be obtained outside of trading, it'd be a reasonable trade.
Considering there's a high chance that mewtwo might be available for everyone... not really. XD

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very surprised this turned into a debate.

The other two starters that you don't pick are impossible to get outside of a trade. Period. Period Period.

So someone who wants two starters might consider trading their mewtwo with the mewtonite x/y for the starter they didn't pick, to get the three pokedex entries and possible mega form. You seem to imply that the starters being able to breed is somehow relevant. Which it is to a slight degree, but again, you can only get the other two starters by trading.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but there will be thousands of starters breed while there is still a comparably small amount of mewtwo/mewtwonite. they're not equally rare. maybe for someone who only has a single friend to trade and no way to get on wifi, they would be equally rare. but thats not the reality.
its not like back in red and blue, where another eevee or the other starters or the other fossil were almost all equally rare and valuable in a trade.

both games version exclusives have a similar value in a trade
both games title legendary have a similar value in a trade (though I wouldn't even be surprised if they weren't version exclusive in the end)
the three kanto and kalos starter pokemon (for kanto starters, its more like their mega stones though) have a similar value in a trade.
but those values are not equal. specially for those you can't freely multiply

people know that, even if they don't have any other way to get another starter (if they even want another starter by the time they make it to mewtwo, if its not a event pokemon after all) they know theres dozens of people who are looking for starters and who own a starter of their own.and they will go and look to trade with those. not with the crazy guy that wants to trade a starter for their one of a kind mega stone mewtwo. (which they could trade for something much much better)

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but there will be thousands of starters breed while there is still a comparably small amount of mewtwo/mewtwonite. they're not equally rare. maybe for someone who only has a single friend to trade and no way to get on wifi, they would be equally rare. but thats not the reality.
its not like back in red and blue, where another eevee or the other starters or the other fossil were almost all equally rare and valuable in a trade.

both games version exclusives have a similar value in a trade
both games title legendary have a similar value in a trade (though I wouldn't even be surprised if they weren't version exclusive in the end)
the three kanto and kalos starter pokemon (for kanto starters, its more like their mega stones though) have a similar value in a trade.
but those values are not equal. specially for those you can't freely multiply

people know that, even if they don't have any other way to get another starter (if they even want another starter by the time they make it to mewtwo, if its not a event pokemon after all) they know theres dozens of people who are looking for starters and who own a starter of their own.and they will go and look to trade with those. not with the crazy guy that wants to trade a starter for their one of a kind mega stone mewtwo. (which they could trade for something much much better)

Frankly the majority of your post is speculation and assumptions. Which is not a strong argument. Whether it is a fair/equal trade is debatable, and subject to opinions. Also, your opinions on what a fair trade is, etc. are of course opinions themselves. This discussion will continue to go in a circle if you wish to pursue it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)