Homebrew Pokemon Virtual Console Patches (Debug Menu, Speed Up, Full Screen)

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunate. I was gonna make a mega-inject with all the GB/C Pokémon games using this. I'll poke around with it for a bit and see what I can find.
That's what I was already going to do the VC restarts each time a new rom is loaded but if you reset a game that loaded from the menu the game remembers the save file until you load another game that saves like Pokemon for example.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's what I was already going to do the VC restarts each time a new rom is loaded but if you reset a game that loaded from the menu the game remembers the save file until you load another game that saves like Pokemon for example.
It's likely saving just fine, but when a new game is loaded it just overwrites. Well, the speedup and other features alone make this great to have.

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's likely saving just fine, but when a new game is loaded it just overwrites. Well, the speedup and other features alone make this great to have.
Well it says the save file is corrupted when you load a new game that saves there's also a load and save option but that doesn't work maybe because the location for the save would be the romf and not where a save state would normally load from.

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Likely because it's reading the other game's existing data. But if you were to make a new game, it would overwrite most likely.
Nope it does it as soon as you load a game that saves like if I were to load Crystal version then load Green the VC will tell me that it's corrupted and then it deletes it.

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you know about extracting and repackaging a standard 3DS application, it's easy ~

The funny named file in the "rom" folder is (for GB/C games) just a renamed standard GBC rom;

then you may need to adjust the patches (found in the root of the romfs with the same name as the game's rom), if code/data modified by the patch file in the original game was moved around - which is quite hard to say if you didn't make the hack completely by yourself...

then the icon/banner (found in the exefs) ought to be edited (you can just rip them off the one you made with the injector)

then titleid (byteswapped) ought to be changed, it's found in both header and exheader (twice); while you're there, change the uniqueid (ctr-n-xxxx) found in the header to anything you want, you have 15 characters to express yourself, no need to stick to the original format and add confusion

...then just reassemble the whole package, install it, and laugh at whatever error everyone's going to make the first time they try :)

Thank you very much! Very useful information. :D

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In fact the VC can load the roms perfectly without changing the file extenstion

LMBgIJs.png

So I’m also seeing Super Gameboy border, how does that work? I’d like to apply them to my existing (legit) VC’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Stupid question but... does somebody can give me titleids or where to find them? Google does not give any decent answer...

LooneyNoons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
(...) titleids or where to find them?
fbiticket.uk Just use CTRL+F to search for your title

Edit:
I uploaded merged codes for anyone who wants debugSpeed and FullWidth at the same time. Gen1 and Gen2.

Attachments

• pokemonVCPatches_Speed+Width.zip
    810 bytes · Views: 1,752
Last edited by LooneyNoons,

AyanamiRei0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I’m also seeing Super Gameboy border, how does that work? I’d like to apply them to my existing (legit) VC’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's just a border I use for pretty much all my injects you can use the ultimate injector to create the border then extract it and then you place it into any GB/GBC release or not legit like that Crystal is.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, was hoping I could apply the gen 2 widescreen patch to the Prism rom hack, but sadly it doesn't work, which I kinda suspected, but hoped it might.

Tim1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
• Currently on Luma 9.0
• Pokemon Silver via Freeshop
• Renamed g2VC_debugSpeed10_code.ips to code.ips

Apologies in advance for being a complete noob. I dont see any titles under "SD/luma/titles/...". I then created one and inserted the code.ips there,
"SD/luma/titles/0004000000172700/code.ips"

When I start game, it is at regular speed, and when I tap bottom screen, it shows the regular menu. Do I need to do something else to create the titleID folders?

Thanks!

Goretzka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
• Currently on Luma 9.0
• Pokemon Silver via Freeshop
• Renamed g2VC_debugSpeed10_code.ips to code.ips

Apologies in advance for being a complete noob. I dont see any titles under "SD/luma/titles/...". I then created one and inserted the code.ips there,
"SD/luma/titles/0004000000172700/code.ips"

When I start game, it is at regular speed, and when I tap bottom screen, it shows the regular menu. Do I need to do something else to create the titleID folders?

Thanks!

Do you have "Enable game patching" ON on luma's boot menu? Try to boot with Select hold down

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo