Gaming Pokemon Transfer Machine & Flashcards

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, this is a heads up to those that want to transfer pokemon from their old games to Black and White. Basically, you can't if you have a flashcard. The way it works is that you have to activate download play on on ds and use the transfer machine on black and white to create the software to download, then Black & White (I think) tries to detect the 4th gen games in the other DS. As you are using a Flashcard, it technically doesn't count as a pokemon game and fails to detect it.

On top of that, transferring is locked in the same way it was on diamond and pearl's pal park. Basically, if you have a japanese black, then you're gonna need a japanese 4th gen game in order to transfer pokemon over.

So at this point, there is no way of getting your pokemon over unless you're willing to wait for a pokesav of some sorts to import your pkm files over or if you have a japanese 4th gen game.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Silent Storm said:
Ok, this is a heads up to those that want to transfer pokemon from their old games to Black and White. Basically, you can't if you have a flashcard. The way it works is that you have to activate download play on on ds and use the transfer machine on black and white to create the software to download, then Black & White (I think) tries to detect the 4th gen games in the other DS. As you are using a Flashcard, it techically doesn't count as a pokemon game and fails to detect it.

Pretty good way of cockblocking pirates to be honest, so unless there is some way of getting this to work in the future, I'm afraid you guys are going to need to have the legit games in order to send shit over. Makes me glad I kept that Pearl game when I sold my ds games.
mellow.gif

Edit - Forgot to say I've tried this myself and nothing worked.
ah i knew you better off buy a retail copy that playing a rom.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, in this case anyone that downloaded the old games are stuck. Though I guess diamond and pearl are not that expensive any more, so it's only a matter of getting them and transferring downloaded saves to the cart, which is what I'm doing now with my pearl.

It got me scared though, I'm buying every pokemon game from now on.
laugh.gif

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Silent Storm said:
Yes, in this case anyone that downloaded the old games are stuck. Though I guess diamond and pearl are not that expensive any more, so it's only a matter of getting them and transferring downloaded saves to the cart, which is what I'm doing now with my pearl.

It got me scared though, I'm buying every pokemon game from now on.
laugh.gif
yep as soon as amazon.co.uk let's me pre-order the two games i will reserve my place.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both retail games and it still doesn't work...I guess it's because I need a japanese gen4 game..well
*waits for 6 months*

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you just open a .sav if you were playing on a rom and use pokesav to import everything?

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's true, but right now there isn't (to my knowledge) a working version of pokesav for the black and white games, so people that want to transfer now can't.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiluver135 said:
I have both retail games and it still doesn't work...I guess it's because I need a japanese gen4 game..well
*waits for 6 months*

I think you need to beat the elite 4 and unlock the national dex to transfer stuff other than the movie events. If that's the case and you still can't transfer, well fuck you nintendo for screwing even legit importers over, fuck you.

ramon19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to beat the elite 4 and unlock the national dex to transfer stuff other than the movie events. If that's the case and you still can't transfer, well fuck you nintendo for screwing even legit importers over, fuck you.
[/quote]
lol

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its really just a matter of weeks, maybe even days until pokesav black and white is fully functionable

also, i actually saw pearl and diamond for like 5€ (germany) in several places already.
game are very cheap

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Something just came to my attention. There could be a way of transferring pokemon over via No$GBA and a bios of a ds lite or something, but I don't know how download play works on an emulator or if it will even work.

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
wiiluver135 said:
*waits for 6 months*
You could try Hex Editing child_r.srl and child2_r.srl and change 0000000F to U or E, and / or 00000230 to U or E too for both of them and stick it back in the Rom. They're located in /dl_rom/.

It could work, my Friend might test it out tonight if I see him around. I ordered a Japanese Platinum recently so I wouldn't have to do the Hex Editing method. But if it did work, I could use it on BW and onward for the Transfer Machine once the USA Version comes out.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is my letter to nintendo...

fucking shit pissing me in the ass. fuck you you stupid cockin sucking monkey shit licking fucker fuck that!!

well at least i can fuck around with the 5th gen but that's it i guess...

someone said they got it working with roms but i don't know how there did it look in the pokemon black and white diss topic.

D

Deleted User

Rockman GFF said:
wiiluver135 said:
*waits for 6 months*
You could try Hex Editing child_r.srl and child2_r.srl and change 0000000F to U or E, and / or 00000230 to U or E too for both of them and stick it back in the Rom. They're located in /dl_rom/.

It could work, my Friend might test it out tonight if I see him around. I ordered a Japanese Platinum recently so I wouldn't have to do the Hex Editing method. But if it did work, I could use it on BW and onward for the Transfer Machine once the USA Version comes out.

What is the offset in the file to change, and what is the Hex for USA?

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Silent Storm said:
Yeah, it seems these games are region locked like DP with transferring Pokemon, I will update the first post soon.
Course they are Nintendo are not silly this time they did not just one ap method they did a few methods

Autoboticon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm...Wish I knew that two hours ago XD Oh well, nothing like wasted time.

Usually I wouldn't be bothered, but after the E4 the trainer level jumps from 50 to 65. 6 lvl 50's don't stand well against 3 lvl 65's. Even worse Cynthia, I got obliterated...twice. It seems like Nintendo has also punished the equal trainer, I'd have no problem if I used just one or two Pokémon from the off, but 6 just aren't strong enough.

So I spent some time trading stuff around from my legit SS to my legit jap diamond for nothing. Bring on a patch or pokésav because with no Vs seeker grinding takes along time.

Silent Storm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Autoboticon said:
Hmm...Wish I knew that two hours ago XD Oh well, nothing like wasted time.

Usually I wouldn't be bothered, but after the E4 the trainer level jumps from 50 to 65. 6 lvl 50's don't stand well against 3 lvl 65's. Even worse Cynthia, I got obliterated...twice. It seems like Nintendo has also punished the equal trainer, I'd have no problem if I used just one or two Pokémon from the off, but 6 just aren't strong enough.

So I spent some time trading stuff around from my legit SS to my legit jap diamond for nothing. Bring on a patch or pokésav because with no Vs seeker grinding takes along time.

If you have a legit japanese diamond then transferring pokemon to black shouldn't be a problem for you. This is only a problem to those that have US 4th gen games and flashcard users (this hits me hard on both of these).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are...