Hacking Pokemon trading between cart on unhacked switch and hacked switch with same cart installed?

BigBadBrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent touched multiplayer on a pokemon game since gen 2, so I don't know what the risks are. I don't want to risk switch banning because the unhacked one isn't exactly mine, so I was just wondering if any one could tell me before I even tried. I suspect a cartridge might have a unique ID maybe? If so, should I maybe acquire a backup from another cartridge?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Save game on NAND, not on the cartridge, you can put that cartridge on the hacked switch and rip it and then remove cert for that game and install the game, so the game will looks like a digital version, and try not to connect to the internet at all on the hacked switch.
Use the cartridge on non hacked switch and play like normal and trade.

I heard there is unique number for each game, but when using on hacked switch, don't risk it, better use other game.

BigBadBrian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save game on NAND, not on the cartridge, you can put that cartridge on the hacked switch and rip it and then remove cert for that game and install the game, so the game will looks like a digital version, and try not to connect to the internet at all on the hacked switch.
Use the cartridge on non hacked switch and play like normal and trade.

I heard there is unique number for each game, but when using on hacked switch, don't risk it, better use other game.
Well now that answer makes me question: would a unique ID still matter if the installed version "looks" like a digital version? If I use another "available" ID what is the chance N have blocked that one? Im sure understanding the save format may help answer these questions.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well now that answer makes me question: would a unique ID still matter if the installed version "looks" like a digital version? If I use another "available" ID what is the chance N have blocked that one? Im sure understanding the save format may help answer these questions.
you can dump the game without entering CFW, then copy it to PC and remove the unique id "cert" and convert it to nsp.
it's several steps if you don't like downloading the ROM from external site.

if you use the same game from hacked console, i heard Nintendo can block the game, or even ban your switch from online on the game only, but this is jut what i heard, no confirmation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la