Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
PokéCommunity OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP

MtDlBs3.png
7t3daVO.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn't need to grind to equal that!

Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which is designed to improve competitive players' ability to practice and grind. In Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.​

Last edited by Dio Vento,

TakeoHayashi140

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Supernova Sun on Citra, is there a way for me to turn and navigate when I'm going through the Ultra Wormhole because I want to finish the storyline.

Love6985

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It looks like the export is incorrect and shifts Slots 3 and 4 over to the right by one in this table.
View attachment 121696
You're looking for Magmar, Darmanitan, or Numel, with Darmanitan having the highest chance.

Hi guy, I want to see table wild encounter at interface like you, but I don't know how to open it.
I've opened "pk3ds" in your folder but I don't know how to load game to get in tab "Wild encounter"
<sr I can't post picture direct>
2.pik.vn/201834c9cb93-091a-45e8-8598-bb1f3e03ae43.jpg
please help me ^^

Last edited by Love6985,

Love6985

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
such as the first one
Code:
Map: 000 - Route 1 (Hau’oli Outskirts) / 003 - Route 1 / 010 - Melemele Sea
Tables: 18
Table 1 (Day):
Table 1 (Night):
Table 2 (Day):
Table 2 (Night):
how can I understand it ?

Agp_Piners

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dio, i just registered to gratulate you for this hack. The difficult level is incredible, I'm having lots of trouble to play It with a GenVII only team. I'm used with other hacks from the last years (Drayano's mainly) but yours, wow. Every battle is a different strategy. The traineirs are so intelligent, their itens always fit their mon's abilities and movesets. Really great, congrats.

Reactions: Dio Vento

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dio, i just registered to gratulate you for this hack. The difficult level is incredible, I'm having lots of trouble to play It with a GenVII only team. I'm used with other hacks from the last years (Drayano's mainly) but yours, wow. Every battle is a different strategy. The traineirs are so intelligent, their itens always fit their mon's abilities and movesets. Really great, congrats.
Glad you appreciate it. A lot of thought and work goes into making these as good as I can make them. Look forward to my work with Gen 8!

Reactions: Love6985

JkHowling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Will you ever re-upload the informational docs anywhere for this romhack? I'm about to start playing it myself now on Citra, but the links to all the changes no longer works from your original post.

As I plan to nuzlocke this [wish me luck lol] they'd be very useful to have. I'd like to know a little of what I'm getting into haha.

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Will you ever re-upload the informational docs anywhere for this romhack? I'm about to start playing it myself now on Citra, but the links to all the changes no longer works from your original post.

As I plan to nuzlocke this [wish me luck lol] they'd be very useful to have. I'd like to know a little of what I'm getting into haha.
They're in the download, in the documentation folder. Also, links have been fixed on my WordPress.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

benchimaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I'm playing this hack as an installed cia. I know it messes some things up like shops and other stuff when I update the game from 1.0 to 1.2 .

Did I install it properly? does it have something to do with the code.bin patches? or is it yet to be fixed for the cia/3ds build method? Is there any way to properly play this hack as a cia updated to 1.2?

Needless to say, I appreciate your efforts man, thanks.

Last edited by benchimaster,

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing this hack as an installed cia. I know it messes some things up like shops and other stuff when I update the game from 1.0 to 1.2 .

Did I install it properly? does it have something to do with the code.bin patches? or is it yet to be fixed for the cia/3ds build method? Is there any way to properly play this hack as a cia updated to 1.2?

Needless to say, I appreciate your efforts man, thanks.
The 1.2 update overwrites the modded files you put in your CIA, including the Trainer table. Also, Pokemarts will hard-lock the game due to a version mismatch in shop.cro. There is no way to change this. What you can do is install the 1.2 update to your modded CIA and then use the drag and drop method to load the hack over that.

Karl Hale

Trophies
XP
Country
heya thanks for the mods to the pokemon games they are amazing and if anyone is having problem with luma cheat menu in the mods they work fine with penumbra moon however supanova sun cheats like to crash the game so if you want to use cheats for the mods use penumbra moon again the mods are amazing keep up the work

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys! Sorry i‘m getting late to the party. What is the difference about the Original one and this mod? I can‘t see any difference. I picked my starter and leveled it on lvl 8 but so far, nothing seems to be different

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! Sorry i‘m getting late to the party. What is the difference about the Original one and this mod? I can‘t see any difference. I picked my starter and leveled it on lvl 8 but so far, nothing seems to be different
Are the intro dialogue and title screen different? Does the "continue" screen say "Supernova Sun/Penumbra Moon v1.0.5"? If this stuff isn't changed, you just don't actually have the mod installed correctly.

If those are changed but you aren't noticing a change, don't worry, the challenge picks up quick. Every Trainer in the game has been altered and reworked, but the super super early game (like, up until the Trainer's School) is designed to ease you into the difficulty curve and demonstrate that the difficulty isn't like some other challenge hacks that expect you to grind for hours to tackle an important fight.

Reactions: Justin20020

ZachariasBarnham

Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still need to play this game. I did recently, however, complete Star Sapphire's Delta Episode. That Zinnia battle in the cave was brutal, even more so than the Towertop Battle. But, I must thank you for giving the cave fight its proper battle music. Which brings me to my question.

During Mina's trial, you had to battle nearly all the other trial captains. Instead of Captain Acerola, you instead fought Kahuna Nanu. But, he had the wrong battle music. He had the generic Sun/Moon trainer battle music.

Were you able to give him his proper battle music?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-