ROM Hack Pokemon Soul Silver SAV to/from cartridge Success!

Epsilonsama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, reading this thread, I got interesting in searching a software solution for importing a save file from a PC to an original HG/SS cart. The question is how much different is the location of the savefile in the hardware side from a regular cart, and knowing this how to implement this on a software solution. I believe the first part was already resolved, now the second part should be implementing this on a program. What I want to know is if there is a program that can do export/import of SAV data? I think that Rudolph Tool can do export, dont know if it can do import. And if there is a program that does this how could we add a case where it look for the memory location of the HG/SS sav file and export/import it.

Epsilonsama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georges said:
So if i don't want to pay something, i need to open my card ?

No you still need to pay for the NDS Adapter, you will save like 10 dollars, so you might as well buy an NDS Adapter +. But I believe there can be a software solution, you should wait and see.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Epsilonsama said:
Hi, reading this thread, I got interesting in searching a software solution for importing a save file from a PC to an original HG/SS cart. The question is how much different is the location of the savefile in the hardware side from a regular cart, and knowing this how to implement this on a software solution. I believe the first part was already resolved, now the second part should be implementing this on a program. What I want to know is if there is a program that can do export/import of SAV data? I think that Rudolph Tool can do export, dont know if it can do import. And if there is a program that does this how could we add a case where it look for the memory location of the HG/SS sav file and export/import it.
The location of the savefile is not all that different from other carts, to problem is more that it´s behind a new kind of chip that switches between the savelocation on the cart and the IRmodule to load the data saved on the Pokewalker.
So the way to solve the Saveproblem would be to find the propper command used to set the switch to the savelocation instead of the IR.
Hmm, I guess it isn´t possible to look for it in the gamecode?
I don´t know much about modding, so I have no idea of how much access you can get of that kind of code?

Epsilonsama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SirCB85 said:
Epsilonsama said:
The location of the savefile is not all that different from other carts, to problem is more that it´s behind a new kind of chip that switches between the savelocation on the cart and the IRmodule to load the data saved on the Pokewalker.
So the way to solve the Saveproblem would be to find the propper command used to set the switch to the savelocation instead of the IR.
Hmm, I guess it isn´t possible to look for it in the gamecode?
I don´t know much about modding, so I have no idea of how much access you can get of that kind of code?

I see, I dont know how much access we can have with the hardware but I think that is a good idea. If we could find a way to switch from the IR and the save chip at will we could implement it. We could check if theres a IR module in the cartridge and if so switch to the save chip and export/import data from it. Also we could try to check in what part of the game this code is executed but im not really good at reverse engineering, dont know where to even start searching.

mdlmemorybank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any software solution?,been poking around but have not seen anything at the moment
mellow.gif
hoping some one could shed some light on this topic.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Savsender not work? I don't have a cart**** myself so I can't test it. But if it is as you say, i'mma have a sad day when I get my official version. T_T

D

Deleted-236924

TM2-Megatron said:
I'm pretty sure v1 also worked with Hg/Ss... the only thing mentioned about the v2 update is compatibility for "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky". Kind of odd this game would need an update to work... does anyone know if Explorers of Sky has trouble with the usual homebrew save dumpers?

NDS Backup Tool 3in1+ v0.31 doesn't work with EoS.
It says save type is Unknown and will say "The cartridge cannot be recognized" when trying to backup/restore.

Timbo111

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi ^ ^

This method works well in Pokemon black and white? I appreciate every answer ^ ^

PS: Sorry for my bad English
shy.gif

See you
yaynds.gif

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i did this for Pokemon Black, it allowed me to dump the save using my ARDSi. Thank you very much for posting this, it helped me out a lot.

After connecting pin 6 to pin 4 the ARDSi recognized the save correctly.

this is what my card looks like, it has got two wires comming out the back. if i want to dump / write the save, i cross both wires temporarily, i only need them crossed for like half a minute.

before the hardware mod proposed in here, no program would recognize any save data on the card. Now, after bridging the connections, it works as it should, i get an error in game trying to save, so i have to undo the connection every time.

furthermore, i just confirmed that the hardware hack lets ALL OTHER TOOLS access the save data. Hence, no updated version of anything is needed. Your old tools will work, provided you make this modification.

Thanks again for sharing your find, much kudos to you.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Erm, rave, you did notice that some weeks ago there was a backuptool released that does work with HG/SS and evidently with B/W too? Just thought I shoudl add that little notion so some might see there is another way to backup/restore saves without rendering you unable to maybe resell the game in the future ;-)

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SirCB85 said:
Erm, rave, you did notice that some weeks ago there was a backuptool released that does work with HG/SS and evidently with B/W too? Just thought I shoudl add that little notion so some might see there is another way to backup/restore saves without rendering you unable to maybe resell the game in the future ;-)

Would you kindly share the link, please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...