ROM Hack Pokemon Soul Silver SAV to/from cartridge Success!

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
r4trolljpg.jpg
Eww, R4 D:

[Fight]
>Meteo

*Casts Meteo*

"Critical hit!
It's super effective!"

/offtopic

But seriously, Big N is getting crafty, I'll give them that XD

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Hurm, crap. And here I was thinking I would play this on my Flashcart then move my save over to my Retail cart when ever I wanted to use the Pokewalker, well shit.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
OP
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
CrashmanX said:
Hurm, crap. And here I was thinking I would play this on my Flashcart then move my save over to my Retail cart when ever I wanted to use the Pokewalker, well shit.

That thought had crossed my mind too, but it's too much of a PITA to solder & desolder every day just to sync with the pokewalker. Plus every time you do that, there's the risk of making a mistake and killing it.

So for now, I'm just playing on the original cartridge. I might still give in and get that NDS Adaptor Plus since it works without soldering. Either that, or revisit the switch idea... if I can find a small enough surface-mount switch that I can fit it inside the cartridge, then that would do the trick.

-Atashi

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome761 said:
Found this post from the PokeSavDS thread, this software method doesn't always work, its kinda complicated, and you can only backup saves, not put them onto the cart. But it's a start!

From Chase San:
QUOTE said:
Okay, for all those who want it. I packaged up my prototype version of savhax HGSS. Use this ONLY with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

It requires an expansion ram pack, such as Opera, EZ 3in1, or etc.

Read the instructions, live the instructions, love them, nurture them, and hopefully you will get your save.

http://www.csdgn.org/files/savhax2.7z

WARNING: This is a prototype. If it fails, and it will fail, DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT IT. I already know it fails a lot. No I don't know why yet. If you find a magical way to get it to work 100% all the time every time, please IM me.

I am not responsible if this bricks your computer, sd, flashcart, DS, retail game, ram pack, or related accessory. Nor am I responsible if any of the afford mentioned burst into flame while using savhax. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I've backed up my save with no problems at all. But when I go to restore my save it wont restore anything, and I have tried all 3 file types, unfortunately selecting type 2 deleted the save off my cartridge (which really pissed me off). But I think I may know why it cant restore properly. When you select GAME CART INFO with HG/SS and look at EXTENDED DATA the 2 bytes after c00 pretty much random, the 2 bytes after c03 switch from 00 and ff, the ones after c05 are usually 00 or 1F, and the ones after c9F are generally random. If that is the problem is it possible to read the extended data first then write the save correctly

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mocalacace said:
I've backed up my save with no problems at all. But when I go to restore my save it wont restore anything, and I have tried all 3 file types, unfortunately selecting type 2 deleted the save off my cartridge (which really pissed me off). But I think I may know why it cant restore properly. When you select GAME CART INFO with HG/SS and look at EXTENDED DATA the 2 bytes after c00 pretty much random, the 2 bytes after c03 switch from 00 and ff, the ones after c05 are random, and the ones after c9F are generally random. If that is the problem is it possible to read the extended data first then write the save correctly

Pretty sure the implemention of save backup/restore in PokesavDS is still experimental, and not guaranteed to work.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Pretty sure the implemention of save backup/restore in PokesavDS is still experimental, and not guaranteed to work.

Well I hope it gets finalized soon, because the only thing holding me back from soldering the eeprom to pin 4 is not wanting to break the seal on the cartridge

Chase-san

Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
mocalacace said:
awesome761 said:
Found this post from the PokeSavDS thread, this software method doesn't always work, its kinda complicated, and you can only backup saves, not put them onto the cart. But it's a start!

From Chase San:
QUOTE said:
Okay, for all those who want it. I packaged up my prototype version of savhax HGSS. Use this ONLY with HeartGold and SoulSilver.

It requires an expansion ram pack, such as Opera, EZ 3in1, or etc.

Read the instructions, live the instructions, love them, nurture them, and hopefully you will get your save.

http://www.csdgn.org/files/savhax2.7z

WARNING: This is a prototype. If it fails, and it will fail, DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT IT. I already know it fails a lot. No I don't know why yet. If you find a magical way to get it to work 100% all the time every time, please IM me.

I am not responsible if this bricks your computer, sd, flashcart, DS, retail game, ram pack, or related accessory. Nor am I responsible if any of the afford mentioned burst into flame while using savhax. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I've backed up my save with no problems at all. But when I go to restore my save it wont restore anything, and I have tried all 3 file types, unfortunately selecting type 2 deleted the save off my cartridge (which really pissed me off). But I think I may know why it cant restore properly. When you select GAME CART INFO with HG/SS and look at EXTENDED DATA the 2 bytes after c00 pretty much random, the 2 bytes after c03 switch from 00 and ff, the ones after c05 are usually 00 or 1F, and the ones after c9F are generally random. If that is the problem is it possible to read the extended data first then write the save correctly

I should of mentioned that restoring doesn't work at all yet (I thought I had). I am however surprised that attempting to restore did anything at all.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
I should of mentioned that restoring doesn't work at all yet (I thought I had). I am however surprised that attempting to restore did anything at all.

Will we ever be able to restore it (without the NDS Adapter)?

Chase-san

Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
mocalacace said:
Chase-san said:

Probably, maybe, eventually. I cannot say how or when though. I have gone to considerable lengths to try and get it working. I have a few more tricks I can try so hopefully those will pan out otherwise I am about out of ideas.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
Probably, maybe, eventually. I cannot say how or when though. I have gone to considerable lengths to try and get it working. I have a few more tricks I can try so hopefully those will pan out otherwise I am about out of ideas.

Well fortunately I was only 2 hours into the game. I was able to use Pokesav and NitroHax to get my Quilava, Pidgey, and Wooper back into my save.

awesome761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:
mocalacace said:
Chase-san said:

Well thanks for trying!
wink.gif

xFinch713x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've tried several more times, and can't seem to get it to work at all. I tried looking at the save through a hex editor, it looked fine, but when I went to load it, it wanted to start a new game. I have gotten a mix of files: Scrambled stuff, all 00000000 (in hex) and then also a bunch of FFFFFFFF, and some random EFs or 7Fs spread around too. Dunno what to do, but it'd be awesome if I could get this to work
smile.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
xFinch713x said:
Ok, I've tried several more times, and can't seem to get it to work at all. I tried looking at the save through a hex editor, it looked fine, but when I went to load it, it wanted to start a new game. I have gotten a mix of files: Scrambled stuff, all 00000000 (in hex) and then also a bunch of FFFFFFFF, and some random EFs or 7Fs spread around too. Dunno what to do, but it'd be awesome if I could get this to work
smile.gif
Well, it was said it didn't work all the time yet, so..
wink.gif

Passa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any update on transferring saves through software? I'm tempted to buy a NDS Adapter Plus or something
tongue.gif
desperate to bring my Pokewalker to uni.

I'm cool like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...