pokemon shuffle mega candies editing?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by BASgamer, Jun 10, 2015.

1. BASgamer
    OP

BASgamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Anyone found how to change the number of mega candies in Pokemon Shuffle? Either through ARcode or save editing. I tried 4 ram dumps but the addresses i got from cheat engine scan didnt work out.

Edit: editing info i found to main post
    "I found the candies at offset 2D4C. They are stored as double the number you have 1=2 5=A etc. So i changed mine to 99, 99*2=198, 198 in hex is C6."

Last edited by BASgamer, Jun 15, 2015
  2. mid-kid

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    RAM is shuffled (no pun intended) in this game. Everything is in another place every time something is done.
    Save editing is the easiest way if you have the tools to do so.

3. BASgamer
    OP

BASgamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    I found the offset in the save file, after dumping using savedatafiler at offset 2D4C is where the candies are held at least for me. They are stored as double the number you have 1=2 5=A etc. So i changed mine to 99, 99*2=198, 198 in hex is C6. Let me know if its the same for anyone else.

Also now that i know its stored as double the number i found it it cheat engine i know this wont work for others since its different on different systems but i found 03510E10 000000C6 also changes the candies for me so you can look it that general area

Last edited by BASgamer, Jun 12, 2015
    noctis90210 likes this.
  4. BASgamer
    OP

BASgamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    So has anyone else tried the save file editing wondering if its a universal address or just for my 3ds

5. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    thanks for sharing this... it worked for me... how bout pokemon level editing, do you think its possible? thanks again...

6. Brewzip

Brewzip Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Yes, candies offset is 0x2D4C and his value is candies*2. Setting FF brings 127 candies, but when using one, it caps at 99.

I suggest you to try viewing the offsets next to this. They are related to how many candies the pokemon already has. The values are not fixed.
    One byte may be shared with more pokemon, and so, a value in an offset may result in a different ammount of candies then expected.
    However, don't trust what the ingame counter says. Even if you don't overflow the limit (testing i got displayed 7/4 candies) test the megaevolution.
    I had some pokemon megaevolve with a single 3-match. Put an FF to 0x2D62 and run a game with Gengar/Slowbro. ;)

noctis90210 likes this.