ROM Hack pokemon shuffle mega candies editing?

BASgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone found how to change the number of mega candies in Pokemon Shuffle? Either through ARcode or save editing. I tried 4 ram dumps but the addresses i got from cheat engine scan didnt work out.

Edit: editing info i found to main post
"I found the candies at offset 2D4C. They are stored as double the number you have 1=2 5=A etc. So i changed mine to 99, 99*2=198, 198 in hex is C6."

Last edited by BASgamer,

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone found how to change the number of mega candies in Pokemon Shuffle? Either through ARcode or save editing. I tried 4 ram dumps but the addresses i got from cheat engine scan didnt work out.

RAM is shuffled (no pun intended) in this game. Everything is in another place every time something is done.
Save editing is the easiest way if you have the tools to do so.

BASgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the offset in the save file, after dumping using savedatafiler at offset 2D4C is where the candies are held at least for me. They are stored as double the number you have 1=2 5=A etc. So i changed mine to 99, 99*2=198, 198 in hex is C6. Let me know if its the same for anyone else.

Also now that i know its stored as double the number i found it it cheat engine i know this wont work for others since its different on different systems but i found 03510E10 000000C6 also changes the candies for me so you can look it that general area

Last edited by BASgamer,
Reactions: noctis90210

Brewzip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, candies offset is 0x2D4C and his value is candies*2. Setting FF brings 127 candies, but when using one, it caps at 99.

I suggest you to try viewing the offsets next to this. They are related to how many candies the pokemon already has. The values are not fixed.
One byte may be shared with more pokemon, and so, a value in an offset may result in a different ammount of candies then expected.
However, don't trust what the ingame counter says. Even if you don't overflow the limit (testing i got displayed 7/4 candies) test the megaevolution.
I had some pokemon megaevolve with a single 3-match. Put an FF to 0x2D62 and run a game with Gengar/Slowbro. ;)

Reactions: noctis90210

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-