1. bhart118275

bhart118275 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Based on other mods of this I've seen, you should only need the Title/romfs/bin/pml/evolution folders, but I haven't tested this yet. I was wondering the same thing myself, actually.

Diaphragma and THYPLEX like this.
  2. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yep works. Been using just those files at the moment and no problems.

Diaphragma likes this.
  3. bhart118275

bhart118275 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks!

Diaphragma likes this.
  4. Jeeksoi

Jeeksoi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Gym leader's dynamax should be set to the last pokemon they use. That's the purpose of the music change. It's pretty lame when Milo dynamaxes his 2nd pokemon and then when the music change happens it's just a regular fight.

5. Kobazco

OP Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hi this is due to an issue I Was having with editing the Pokemon that messed up the first three Gym Leader's order/what Pokemon they dynamax'd so I had to temporarily make their ace their 2nd etc. I have found a way to fix it since and will do so with the next major version.

6. Jeeksoi

Jeeksoi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    That's great news!

7. JoshDevious

JoshDevious Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So how do the AI values actually work, is it the higher the number the smarter the AI gets? OR the lower..and if so what is the threshold for the maximum. It would be great to have a mod that simply maxes out the AI on every trainer in the game at least.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  8. McN1ppleTheGr8t

Newcomer

United States
    Any ETA on next update? Will it contain wild encounter changes?

Drroger88 likes this.
  9. Phives

Phives Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    The next update will come out when the next major stable PKNX update drops that allows us to more easily do such things as edit overworld encounters and fix some minor glitches with our first release.

Kobazco likes this.
  10. ChaoticCinnabon

ChaoticCinnabon Straight outta the town of Mist

Canada
    Amazing job! I'll personally be waiting for postgame edits but bravo regardless!

Kobazco likes this.
  11. Popopo

Popopo Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hello,i have a question ! Then,i choose Grookey as starter and i wan't Grass Maker,i can reset for obtain a Grookey with Overgrow or it's impossible ? @Kobazco

12. Kobazco

United States
    Yes you can reset for one, it can have either ability.

13. VariablePwn

VariablePwn Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    I have to say, thank you so much for this. I played the romhack with only the trainer/gym changes.

I'm sure anyone who has played competitively would know that once you begin to learn mechanics, games get significantly easier.
    The Generation of kids who grew up with pokemon are no longer the prime market, and so the newer games become cakewalks and no longer as exciting.
    Watching my friends play this and sweep through in a pitiful amount of hours was disheartening.
    With this romhack, I finally got to play this game with a fair chunk of difficulty, and having to think about the team I brought and movesets meant I enjoyed the game much more than I would have otherwise.
    Especially regarding the memes about the "unbeatable" Champion. Having such a strong, high leveled 6-pokemon team actually makes sense as to why he was Champion, which "IRL" would have been very difficult to manage. It made the story feel a little more believable and less "meme-y".

Grinding for xp candies happened a little more often than I expected, though, it wasn't too much of a chore. Mostly before each gym as necessary, and very necessary when switching up my team. I enjoyed the surprise movesets some pokemon had, though I always felt like I was being outsped. EV manipulation was almost a necessity by the end game, which brought about a little bit of teething pain having to collect so many berries.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this romhack, and I don't think I would have enjoyed the game nearly as much as if I played it like it was designed.
    I eagerly await the post-game modifications! (Hop's level 60s are no match for my team haha!)

Kobazco and Purple_Shyguy like this.
  14. Iggles

Iggles Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi, love the hack but having trouble.

It works fine with my downloaded (legit) version of Sword, but when trying to load it on my legit cart version of Shield the game simply crashes. I've renamed the file to the correct titleID but the game just refuses to start. If I try and load into a new game it just crashes immediately, if I try and load into a saved game I can get to the title (which is the new shield icon) but when it loads into the game there are blue dots all over the screen and my game crashes. Any help getting this to work would be appreciated. x

EDIT: Nevermind! Fixed! It was because I had Edizon activating cheats by default it seems.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Kobazco likes this.
  15. potchy

potchy Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thank you for this, looks great! :)

Kobazco likes this.
  16. Juanny

Juanny Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Everything has changed except for trainer changes , any ideas how to fix this?

17. elunesgrace

elunesgrace GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Please do update this as the game was updated.

18. Kobazco

United States
    Hi everyone, I am unsure about the new update/haven't looked into it at all yet. Currently waiting on support for the new update to be added to pknx and learn more information about it. I can't do anything instantly obviously, it's a lot of work.

And yes, there will be Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra support likely 2 months after each DLC (as to give me time to play it and plan it out)

Purple_Shyguy likes this.
  19. elunesgrace

Canada

Thank you for your fantastic work. You made the game very enjoyable for me, where otherwise it would have been boring with trainers being so low level.

The trainers shouldn't be affected by the update I presume?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  20. elunesgrace

Canada
    FYI one of the trainers on route 10 has a pokemon that is the wrong level (40ish instead of 70ish)

Kobazco likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokemon, Sacred, Shield