RELEASE Pokemon Sacred Sword & King's Shield

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Kobazco, Nov 26, 2019.

Front-page RELEASE
    swsh.jpg

BETA RELEASE V. 1, By Kobazco & Phives, with help from Drayano
    Works for both Sword & Shield
    NO POST GAME CURRENTLY (Expect within a few days)
    YES, YOU NEED A MODDED SWITCH
    Follow here for updates (Twitter)
    Context time! I made popular (But not too indepth) romhacks for SM & USUM, most notably Rising Sun & Waxing Moon. However, this time, things are different! This time I bring to you all a fully featured difficulty hack. Hundreds of Pokemon have had their Hidden Abilities made easily obtainable, stats buffed, abilities buffed, and enhanced movesets! For all of these changes & more, see the gdrive folder with the download and all documentation.

Changes:
    • All important trainers have 6 Pokemon and and are much more difficult. (Hop begins to have 6 after the 1st gym)
    • Important trainers also have manually changed movesets, abilities, natures, and even IVs and EVs assigned. They also have the smartest AI assigned to them.
    • Level curve expected to naturally provide you with high level Pokemon. Trainers will have Pokemon around and usually slightly higher leveled than that of your own. (GROSSLY SUBJECT TO CHANGE, PLEASE RELAY TO ME WHAT THE LEVEL CURVE IS LIKE IN YOUR EXPERIENCE. THIS SHOULD NOT REQUIRE AN INSANE AMOUNT OF GRINDING)
    • Hundreds of Pokemon have had their stats buffed, hidden abilities made available, and enhanced movesets. Some even have type changes, or completely new abilities available.
    • Evolution methods changed for trade Pokemon. See documentation.

Screenshots

Videos:

Disclaimer & Important Information
    • The post game is currently unedited.
    • The wild Pokemon are currently unedited in terms of level and where they appear.
    • This has been made in mind with the exp share enabled and usage of Max Raid battles to gain exp candies. If you are falling behind in levels, go to the wild area and grind on raids. The no EXP share patch is completely optional and this hack was not made with it in mind.
    • This is a first beta release, please give any and all feedback, especially on the existing level curve.
    • I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BANNED CONSOLES. OBVIOUSLY DO NOT PLAY ONLINE WHILE USING THIS ROMHACK.
    Planned Changes as pkNX & discoveries allow:
    • Add version exclusives and the unused 35 Pokemon to the wild.
    • Add back in removed moves.
    • Change Pokemarts to include exclusive items (such as Johto balls, etc)
    • Make wild Pokemon hold mints and other BP items.
    • Post game.
    • WAY DOWN THE LINE, LIKELY A YEAR FROM NOW, ADD IN EVERY MISSING POKEMON AS THE NATDEX RESTORATION GROUP EFFORT CONTINUES.
    Instructions:
    • Download the Pokemon Sacred Sword & Kings Shield.rar in the gdrive folder.
    • Rename the folder in the .zip file to the proper titleid if needed. Sword: 0100abf008968000 Shield: 01008db008c2c000
    • Place this titleid folder in atmosphere\titles or sxos\titles depending on what cfw you use.
    • Launch the game with CFW active!
    • If you want only the trainer edits, go into the romfs folder and delete the folder titled "pml"
    Credits:
    • Kurt & SciresM for creating & updating pkNX
    • Phives for doing the majority of the work on the implemented Pokemon changes.
    • Drayano for allowing us to use this Renegade Platinum changes and provide guidance when asked.

Discussion (149 replies)
  1. Lunian

Lunian Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2019
    Mexico
    you are my hero!!
    sorry for my bad english
    question: dont have a version with individual battles only?

Yoni Arousement and Andrezin0692 like this.
  2. Kobazco
    OP

Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    If you want only the changes to battles, then go into the folders and delete the folder titled "pml"

KlariNoX, RahFah and Lunian like this.
  3. Lunian

Lunian Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2019
    Mexico
    oh!, thanks

4. JoshDevious

JoshDevious Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2007
    United States
    Are you going to make the battle tower and galar league trainers much more difficult?

SammyNogard likes this.
  5. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    There is no point editing the Battle Tower in my opinion/thats not what this is really for.

The Galar League trainers I all have plans for, as they are a part of post game.

6. thewarlock98

thewarlock98 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2019
    United States
    Would it be possible to play this along with the wild battle randomizer posted by the GBAtemp user "Stoned"?

7. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Yes it would for now. Currently I have not made any edits to the wild Pokemon. Key word being currently. I have plans to make changes and of course I have not balanced anything with other mods in mind.

8. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    This is 100% what I’m waiting for! Can’t wait to 100% complete the dex. Thanks so much.

Light_Strategist likes this.
  9. cloud-strife777

cloud-strife777 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Germany
    @Kobazco

Works this nice hack with german or only english ?

Last edited by cloud-strife777, Nov 26, 2019
  10. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    It should work in any language, but any text changes I made (such as the title screen etc) will no show up so your only way of confirming it works would be seeing trainer changes in game.

cloud-strife777 likes this.
  11. cloud-strife777

cloud-strife777 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2019
    Germany
    @Kobazco

Only trainers folder copy to my titles folder for changes only the trainer changes ?

12. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Yes

cloud-strife777 likes this.
  13. bloodfalco

bloodfalco GBAtemp Regular

Nov 29, 2015
    Indonesia
    @Kobazco, are you adding randomizer and Shiny buff as well in the hack?

If yes, then please add randomizer and Shiny encounter was buffed up to 50%

14. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    That isn't how this works. My hack IS NOT a randomizer. And no, I will not be making any changes to the shiny rate. These are all things you can do on your own if you really want. pkNX can randomize the game for real if you really want it to, at least from what I heard. Please read the entire description I spent a long time typing for this romhack before asking something like this.

15. myangel

myangel GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2015
    United States
    Wow rom hack for swsh already this is nice always love the real difficulty not the artificial one like turn off exp share or some crap that need to handicapped myself

Test on sxos working fine since on the first battle i saw hop monkey just activate hidden ability

16. chaxelos

chaxelos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    hi just trying your mod. and it really boost up the challege! the thing is the level which your pokemon obeys you doest go with the flow of the story. i just beat Milo's ass and my team is at lvl 26-33 the problem is pokemon above 30 wont obey me. i think increasing the cap of the lvl of pokemon that obeys you on each gym balance the whole system. sorry for my bad english and keep it up!

17. myangel

myangel GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2015
    United States
    That only apply to trade pokemon if you catch it yourself it won't matter i don't think you try to trade or anything with romhack?

18. uzimakiuchiha

uzimakiuchiha GBAtemp Regular

May 17, 2009
    United States
    They changed it in these games, all pokemon above your "level limit" don't obey, even if the OT is yourself

19. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    damn i didn't know that. so now i can't grind before gym battles? don't judge, i just like grinding. lol

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted