RELEASE Pokemon Sacred Sword & King's Shield

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Kobazco, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Kobazco
    OP

Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    I don't see us reintroducing entire mechanics, that'd actually be more difficult than porting old mons imo.

2. Light_Strategist

Light_Strategist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    I see...

Well that's a letdown. Though I can understand the difficulty. Either way, the Pokédex return is something I'm looking forward to, so I'll be shouting my support from the sidelines on that front. You've got this!

THYPLEX likes this.
  3. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2018
    Australia
    Any eta on version exclusives? No rush just curious.
    Also wondering if evolutions for kerrablast, Shelmet etc are made available in this mod without trading?

4. SammyNogard

SammyNogard Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2019
    Australia

Any ETA on each of the planned changes?

Thank you for this mod, it's people like you and your team that keep us playing despite GF ignoring the audience that wants & needs more of a challenge.

fenomeno0chris likes this.
  5. Yeabuddy

Yeabuddy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2018
    United States
    I'm up to 3 badges so far. I feel for gym/rival battles their levels are too high. Maybe needs to be toned down ~2 levels.

Something whatever likes this.
  6. PR3D4TOR

PR3D4TOR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2011
    Australia
    Thank you for your work. Amazing

7. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    Agreed, unless you overgrind in the Wild area

8. sroemr

sroemr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2016
    United States
    Big fan so far. I tried getting back in to Pokemon with X/Y but it was too easy. It's nice actually having to think instead of mindlessly trotting out the same pokemon and hitting A repeatedly.

9. Bloodywaters

Bloodywaters Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2019
    United States
    I was wondering how frequent double battles are especially among gym leaders and rivals.

10. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Check the Evolution methods document
    An ETA is whenever pkNX has its next major update, so within a month or so
    Go do raids for like 10ish minutes and you'll be fine, also don't be afraid to camp.
    Double battles are only really for Hop.

Once again in regards to the "grinding" going and exploring the wild area and doing the raids it has to offer for like only 10 minutes of your time isn't grinding. I'm starting to feel as if nobody remembers what actual grinding was like in the older Pokemon games. Have the smallest amount of patience

THYPLEX likes this.
  11. Siethasay

Siethasay Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2018
    United States
    Hey Kobazco, I have not fully played through the whole game with the mods yet, but honestly, it has made my experience many times more enjoyable with the increased difficulty of the trainers and leaders. Thank you.

The game has been a challenge and I have enjoyed it very much. I am the type of player that loves to grind and have decently leveled Pokemon before a gym battle (sometimes being over-leveled). I notice that the AI definitely likes to kick your butt and so instead of just playing with cool looking Pokemon, I feel like I need to strategize a bit more before a battle. I loved this level curve and appreciate the work you put into it.

Keeping in mind what I wanted in a mod like yours however, in possible future updates, I think I am happy with just smarter AI and fleshed out Pokemon teams. Hopefully if there are any changes in the future, I would hope that type changes and ability changes are minimal.

Also, can't wait to see any other features that will eventually be added. Would love to try them out! Keep up the good work and again, appreciate it.

Cyberfalcon and Kobazco like this.
  12. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it so far. We don't plan on making any changes to Pokemon types/abilities pat what we have already done, which is all on the Pokemon Changes google doc in the folder with the download.

13. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    Time to tip the scales !

Light_Strategist likes this.
  14. skyl4nk

skyl4nk Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2019
    United States
    I love pokemon rom hacks, good job

15. PR3D4TOR

PR3D4TOR Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2011
    Australia
    Hm. My trainers arent edited. The game says "sacred sword" in the switch home menu before launching it but according to the google doc the trainers levels/pokemon should be different. They are all standard though. (3 trainers so far on Route 2)

EDIT: Ok, so Hop has 4 Pokes @ the 2nd battle @ Route 2. Wooloo Lvl 10, Dottler Lvl 11 are his first two.

Last edited by PR3D4TOR, Nov 30, 2019
  16. Oblituarius

Oblituarius Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2019
    El Salvador
    Absolutely fantastic! I will be diving on it for sure, post game on the clean game is kind of boring now, so this should up spirits.
    Thanks!

THYPLEX likes this.
  17. DomeFossil

DomeFossil GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2008
    Wherever you want me (no homo)
    Hey, just started this, love the hack. Are the wild Pokemon's IVs changed at all or are they random just like in regular Sword/Shield? I gotta know because I started the game without the romhack applied and got three mons I want to be in my team in the first route.

18. Yeabuddy

Yeabuddy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2018
    United States
    Raids for the EXP candies?

19. Kobazco
    OP

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    Wild mon IVs are not changed. I don't think it's possible.
    Yes

20. Bebeluiz

Bebeluiz Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2019
    Brazil
    Great mod, having so much fun now with harder battles, but found a "bug"

I got an Eevee from Let's go (I know this one don't evolve), then i got another Eevee on the wild

The second Eevee, even with Max happiness don't evolve in Espeon, in anyway

I removed the mod, level up him, and got an Espeon,

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted