1. metalpsi

metalpsi Newbie
    Newcomer

Turkey
    does this work with encounter table mod?

2. Iggles

Iggles Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    So if I try to do the Armor Island teaser event, the Slowpoke I encounter loads as a shiny "wild Egg." The second I do anything but run, the battle ends as if I've knocked the Slowpoke out and the train guy tells me I have to catch it.

Def. related to this mod as on my sister's Shield the Slowpoke loads fine and she doesn't use a modded game.

Video here: https://i.imgur.com/U1AXHhH.mp4

When I add in a "legit" PKM file containing a Galarian Slowpoke using PKHEX, it appears with no model.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  3. mtmt

mtmt Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey Kobazco, I made a gbatemp account just to contact you! I'm a huge fan of Pokemon Sword and Shield (I have Shield) but I am unhappy with the storyline of the game. I noticed on Reddit that King's Shield is a modded version of the game and I want to run it but I'm using 9.1.0 firmware :/

Is there a way for us to talk privately? I was wondering if I could learn from you and also help you with the game/testing anyway possible? I've taken an introduction to coding class (C) and have a degree in Molecular Biology so I'm not that dumb :P just not as savvy with tech stuff.

I've tried looking for a PM option on your profile but it doesn't exist yet cause I'm new haha

elunesgrace and metalpsi like this.
  4. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    So is the only thing broken with the update the slowpoke encounter? Thinking of starting a new game with this mod and just figured I can disable the mod for the slowpoke encounter and then just enable it again after

5. ElonStark

ElonStark Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can confirm, loading on a vanilla version to catch slowpoke and then going back to the mod works fine.

Kobazco and Kaybag182 like this.
  6. Kaybag182

Kaybag182 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Thank you!

7. Iggles

Iggles Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I ended up doing this but as soon as I reloaded with the mod on my Slowpoke had become an egg again, so it can't be used in battle.

8. elunesgrace

elunesgrace GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The mod is relatively broken from what we have seen, until kobazco decides to update it. We will just have to wait in the meantime.

Kobazco likes this.
  9. Kobazco

OP Kobazco GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm more likely than not going to wait until a bit after the first major DLC to do a big update, I'm sorry. If people are having issues with the game working you might want to try playing on the original version, but then again I saw that some people can play just fine so who knows.

IronyIsGood likes this.
  10. IronyIsGood

IronyIsGood Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    I was wondering why you weren't waiting. This is probably the best way to do it.

11. DavrosTheta

DavrosTheta Newbie
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    I genuinely cannot wait for the update.

This mod ia my favourite way to play... Pity about the egg glitch haha

Kobazco likes this.
  12. Alessandro98

Alessandro98 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Hi guys, firstly I want to thank @Kobazco for the awesome mod! Is there a way to enable and disable the mod in CFW on the fly? For example can I boot the mod version, play a bit, close the game, disable the mod and then boot the stock version using the same SAV file? Thanks in advance.

13. ElonStark

ElonStark Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You could use NX-Shell to move the folder containing the mod files. The mod is located in the atmosphere/titles directory. Move it to your root directory when you don't want to use it, thenmove it back when you do.

Alessandro98 likes this.
  14. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So does this work on version 1.1.0? I'm assuming so!! I've found the game shamefully easy so far as most Pokemon games so this seems like a step in the right direction. Just by catching Pokemon in the vanilla game I became 6-7 levels higher than the opponents could literally beat them with one Pokemon, yet they're still programmed to act so smug... smh. Will download and try it though, great work!

15. ElonStark

ElonStark Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It does, but the galarian slowpoke will be messed up and show up as an egg if you try and catch him with the mod installed. Just uninstall it to catch him and them reinstall it.

I agree the game is way too easy. My five year old who can't really read beat it. Its nice to have an option for a second harder playthrough.

16. blackspot

blackspot Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Uhm, is there a way to get a "vanilla" version of this running? As in, keep a higher level curve and better enemy AI but discard everything else? ( buffed stats, moveset changes, etc.)

17. EoZ090

EoZ090 Member
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    it does work for me .. i have atmosphere :/ I lauched cfw sysnand ( i didn't make the emunand, because at that time it doesn't exist yet)

18. DavrosTheta

DavrosTheta Newbie
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    I have found a strange issue with the mod. Zigzagoon will not evolve at all if it's enabled.

19. Ian095

Ian095 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I did have some other mods install beforehand an had an egg appear in an instance and was so confused lmao. Guess that explains it.

20. ElonStark

ElonStark Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah I had the same issue for quite a few Galarian forms I tried to evovle. It is fixable by editing files in the mod but better to just diable the mod temporarily as discussed above, evolve them, then reenable the mod.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokemon, Sacred, Shield