ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Cease Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano, where are the move relearner and move deleter? They're supposed to be in Blackthorn, but you put the draco meteor lady and hyper beam variant guy in there.

Gold011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hey dudes, i'm having some problems at beating withney at her gym, my team is: croconaw, charmeleon, grovyle, espeon, luxio and bagon. i need some help while battling her, excluding the fact that i should do some leveling....

azurek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if you fixed this on 1.05 but, my Zubat's ability became Inner Focus after it evolved into a Golbat but changed back to Anticipation after it evolved into a Crobat.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Just got a massive shock, went into the pokemon league for the 2nd time(after beating kanto gyms) And came up against level 80 pokes... this is my team :P

Typhlosion Level 81
Dragonite Level 68
Lucario level 71
Swampert level 71
Jolteon level 66
Tyranitar level 70

What are my chances? :P

I'd say your chances are good(no kidding) . In the original ss I beat Red with this-
typhlosion lv 64
pupitar lv 48
snorlax lv 63
dragonite lv 64
lugia lv63
ho-oh lv 71
belive me u can do it

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried this rom and it's great. but when i play it on my no$gba with no$zoomer it keeps crashing on me or giving me graphical errors. and when i tried it on DESMUME the rom ran at a snails pace once i started playing.

are there any kind of special settings needed for DESMUME? cause i just downloaded it and started it up and the rom was running in slowmotion.

i also noticed in Violet City that the ingame trade that was supposed to be there. a bellsprout for an onyx has been changed to a gligar for a rhyhorn.

are there any other trades that have been changed like that?
In desmume's emulator options, make sure that you have the advanced level bus timing OFF. That's about all I can suggest, though. All of the trades are changed, but there's no document for it (yet)

Holy shit my body was not ready for what happened after I beat archer in goldenrod
that was fucking crazy
I barely got by on my last pokemon with like 13 hp

also all my pokemon were between levels 44 and 46 so I was pretty underleveled
Haha, yeah. The original design had him with six Level 50s, but I decided that was a bit too tough so I toned it down a little.
(Also, Oak's dialogue needs changing to account for the fact that Cynthia's Eevee can be in your lead spot. Right now, he says the same thing as in HG/SS, which specifically refers to your starter.)
Oh, I forgot about that one, thanks

hey, what is Fig 1 mean in the documents? i dont know how to find out changes in glaceon's move set
There's a table on Eevee's bit in the doc with all the moves labelled "Fig 1"

Think i Worked out where the full heal glitch is- in the basement of the goldenrod town after the rival battle the item hidden behind a door is full heal- pick it up and I got the 437 full heals.
That sounds pretty likely! I'll investigate when I have time, thanks for narrowing it down
Freezing problem at shojo falls dray. After the marley fight, any screen change besides the next boss fight seems to freeze the game. Great hack buy the way. Dusk stone placement makes me sad though.
Damn that Route 47 :/ Hah, Mismagius and Honchkrow are pretty powerful, after all, and Murkrow/Misdreavus aren't too bad in their own right (although I suppose you can get a couple third stages at that point...). Incidentally, you can get stones before their locations by using the Bug Catching Contest, since the post NDex bit is immediately accessible. Would help if I could edit the levels of the Pokemon in there, though...
v.1.05 is a good hack so far. Only one bug to report, the GB Sounds bugged out for me during the Radio Tower incident with Team Rocket. The classic music and the modern music would overlap one another, and if you left the GB Sounds on the music would cut off completely eventually. Not sure if this has been reported yet or not.

Just beat the Elite 4 pretty convincingly on my first try, and Lance was a bit too easy in my experience. I beat most of his team with Avalanche as a Level 57 Feraligatr and Stone Edge as a Level 57 Tyranitar.

Drayano, maybe bump up the Elite 4 levels some to add to the difficulty that was in the game up to that point? ;)
Hmm, I haven't edited the Radio Tower at all so that's a bit... strange. That might be an issue with the original game but since you won't have the GB Sounds at that point you don't see it... I might take a look into it.

Nuuuu, raising levels is artificial difficulty! To be honest, I don't know how else I can really crank it up... I don't want to change the Pokémon if possible since it'll screw with people's videos. Maybe if I can come up with some new moves... I'm trying to avoid splitting the trainers between the Complete/Classic version for my own sanity too, but I may need to at this rate.

When do you think the next update will be released?
I'll probably look at updating again the weekend after next. I've got exams from 9th - 14th so no time in between then to update.

Just ran into a shiny Golbat in this. Made my day, since I haven't run into a non-event shiny in a damn while. :P
I'm surprised at how lucky people are getting, I've seen quite a few cases of PokeRus too o-o

Are 3rd/4th gen pokemon found easily around the world (be it with trainers, or in wild...)??

I kind of dislike them, so it would be great if negative :P

But well, I have to decide if want a harder game or a game without those pokemon :P
Half the point of the hack is that there's 493 available, so you'll definitely be seeing the newer ones about, I'm afraid.

that should give you good chances when the level remains at 80, but with the ai cracked up and probably supported with lots of healing items, i'd guess things will be pretty hard

general question, how is the bugsituation atm? are the parts where the game stops you from going on fixed now? or do you still have to rely on flag-fixing npcs?
Assuming you're starting a new game, then I'm pretty sure you can run through the game relatively smoothly depending on what platform you're playing it on. Route 47 is probably the most unreliable part but it's not a consistent freeze so you can get past it. Everything else major should be working fine now.

Also, I found a very minor loophole regarding Fuschia City's Cloyster/Shellder invasion... I don't know if this was intentional or not, but apparently, you can just run from the Cloysters (instead of actually battling and defeating them) and it will still count and the Cloyster will still disappear. Again, this isn't really a big deal, but I thought I might just point that out.
Ah, yeah, I noticed that but never put in anything to circumvent it. I might go ahead and make it so they don't disappear when you run; it's quite easy to do so.

Interesting. In Battle Frontier, I just fought a guy whose overworld sprite was an old man, but whose battle sprite was Steven, and a girl whose overworld sprite was a maid, but whose battle sprite was Cynthia. Did a trainer class or two get co-opted? :P
I knew someone would come across that eventually

apples01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, the old folks who used to sell me my Moomoo milk by the truckload moved away, and were replaced by some foreigners who sold me some foreign milk. Can't say that I'm a happy camper. My pokemon are demanding that I change milk suppliers, and I don't know what to do!

moomoomilkbug.png
Jokes aside, this is just another small bug. Nothing too serious.
The choice buttons are still functional (meaning that you can still buy the correct amounts of Moomoo milk). It's just the characters on the choices are all foreign and missingno-like.

I went on my original HG rom to take this picture, and so here's what it's supposed to look like:
moomoomilkunbugged.png

Cease Tick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, the old folks who used to sell me my Moomoo milk by the truckload moved away, and were replaced by some foreigners who sold me some foreign milk. Can't say that I'm a happy camper. My pokemon are demanding that I change milk suppliers, and I don't know what to do!

moomoomilkbug.png
Jokes aside, this is just another small bug. Nothing too serious.
The choice buttons are still functional (meaning that you can still buy the correct amounts of Moomoo milk). It's just the characters on the choices are all foreign and missingno-like.

I went on my original HG rom to take this picture, and so here's what it's supposed to look like:
moomoomilkunbugged.png

I found a similar issue on route 11.
herp.png

chenboy3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dray, do you know where the Move Deleter and Move Tutor are? Because I believe you removed them from Blackthorn City, and iirc I don't recall seeing them anywhere else : /

Physicist_569

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks so much for this Dray!!!,\m/ Amazing pokehack.=) For the first time, I had to run from my very first encounter. Lolz. Freakin' Bidoof's first attack was a critical hit!!!=)

chenboy3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help i can't get the 3rd badge from whitney. when i beat her she just says sniff sniff hic nothing else!

Try to exit the gym, get confronted by the trainer right below Whitney, then go back and talk to her again.

And Dray, another possibly unitended glitch:

When I entered Mt. Mortar's middle cave a second time (first one to get to Mahogany, this time to get Tyrogue), there was a TM 76 Stealth Rock right in front of the entrance. Intended? I don't think so, since it's only located in Goldenrod's Department Store according to your documentation

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol