ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting the same error I put above with the Clefable/Espeon trade, it's not recognising my Clefable as a Clefable.

Thanks, got Brock's trade. it's 5pm - 8pm. So far Brock and Smoochum trades have been fine. I'll try test the others.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't tried that one, don't need half of them. :P I'm doing them atm.

Where's the munchlax trade at? Goldenrod's a big place.

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: This was on SG im trying SS now
EDIT2: Doesnt happen me on SS but im not using the exp code... could have something to do with it? :/ :/
I would be willing to bet it's cheat code related, since you're definitely the only person who's encountered this error...

http://imageshack.us...gold321437.png/

This is where the bug happens when I go to the Team Rocket members (I'm not sure who they are though) or Riley. Nothing happens, I can only talk to them. Going to the Pokemon Center wasn't able to help me.
Yeah, Riley shouldn't already be there. In fact, that seems like a flag problem; and yet you must have got Surf or you wouldn't be there. I wonder if you said you HAD got the call from the Lighthouse with the flag fixer (if you needed it), that might have affected something... Otherwise, I can't say I know how that's happening, given I'm pretty sure it sets all the flags in forced areas.

Dray you should just release the patch and AP separately. Like everyone else does, but put them all in the same folder and tell people to use the AP patch first and then patch SG/SS. Maybe that will stop the problems people are having. maybe the 2 patches being patched on a ROM at the same time is what's causing the emu freezes
Possible, and it's definitely what's causing the errors with the CycloDS. That said, I don't think you'd be able to apply the AP patch on top of the already edited ROM, but if I force you to use the AP first then CycloDS users are still going to have problems. Hopefully I'm wrong somewhere and there's a way around it... Darn shame I have so much revision to do or I'd give it a go.
Dray, can you upload you own sav file of SG/SS. I'm pretty interested in your sav :P
To be honest it's messy and all over the place, I'd rather not. :x
So, today I learned a valuable lesson:

I was fighting Falkner, and everything was going smoothly; no deaths so far into my nuzlocke. Geodude was slaughtering everything with minimal effort. UNTIL

swablu with SOLARBEAM slaughtered everyone.

Seriously, what the hell?! Pidgeotto is supposed to be Falkner's hardest....Y u so mean, Drayano? :( To summarize: don't nuzlocke a hack made by Dray :3

Also, did you remove the great ball in the alcove above the Route 32 Pokemon Center or is that a glitch?
Trust me, I'm well known for putting in ridiculous stuff, particularly on the 1st Gym! On the whole it's actually a lot better this time (Falkner's team needed more Hypnosis, evidently...)

And I don't think I removed that, though wasn't it hidden to begin with? I don't recall touching that one.
Dray, according to your "Pokemon Locations" document, I should be able to find Noctowl on Route 35 at night, but I'm still finding Pidgeotto. In fact, I'm still finding Staravia on Route 36, and I shouldn't be at 9PM. Glitch?
Yup, looks like I forgot to set those correctly. Thanks!

the game neeed more update?
Yup, still needs a few bugfixes.

Is a Light Ball in this game?
Yup, if you catch a Pikachu, go to Goldenrod's Magnet Station. There's a woman on the right hand side who will give you the Light Ball if you show her the Pikachu.

Dray, you took all the Dusk Balls away?

Not like I need it to catch Ho-Oh. :P
I don't think I got rid of any of them o-o I was mostly replacing the Mails. They might just be late in HGSS anyway, I can't remember.

Hey, Dray, just created an account specifically for this hack--loved BlazeBlack/VoltWhite, so I was super excited to see this!

Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been brought up earlier in the topic, but I keep running into a recurring glitch that I don't know the cause of. Sometimes, after a battle (or anything else that causes me to exit the overworld screen temporarily, really), all the character sprites will glitch out, either turning into pixelated messes or disappearing entirely. Resetting fixes it, but I'm just wondering if there's a way to avoid it.

Aside from that, though, it's working like a dream. Serious props to you for this; I've enjoyed all the added content so far a ton, and I'm only to Mahogany Gym (current team: Typhlosion, Blastoise, Leafeon, Staraptor, Lairon, Gabite). Once I've beaten the game, I fully intend on trying a Nuzlocke challenge with this (although considering how difficult that proved in BlazeBlack...well, we'll see!)
Nice for people to be excited, haha. That particular glitch is an emulator problem; DeSmuME has a habit of doing that sometimes, so you need to do the save and reset thing as you've already discovered. AFAIK it's not possible to fix it, but thankfully it's not game breaking.

Could we get a list of Pokemon trades? Since we need to do it to get the orbs for evolutions, can't find a list of them in the documents.
I probably should make a doc for that, but I'll give you a quick list:

First Pokémon is what you get, second is what you trade for it. I don't seem to have the actual things they want noted down so I'm doing those from memory.

Gligar Rhyhorn, Violet City
Torkoal Noctowl, Goldenrod Mart 5F
Skarmory Electabuzz, Olivine City
Smoochum Mime. Jr, Ecruteak City
Chansey Munchlax, Goldenrod City (after Safari Zone events)
Beldum Gible, Azalea Town Pokemon Center
Espeon Clefable, Pewter City Pokemon Center
Porygon2 Quagsire, Power Plant.
Steelix Anything, Olivine Gym
Rhyperior Bonsly, Diglett's Cave
Pikachu Pikachu, Saffron Train Station

P.S: Has anyone else found that they've got about 400 odd Full Heals in their inventory randomly? I've seen three instances of it and I have no idea where the hell they're coming from. ._.;
Yeah that happened to me! I bought 50 from the Goldenrod Pokemart and now I suddenly have 560 in my inventory

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for another wonderful hack! I am just getting started (I have 1 badge). I am loving it so far - no problems yet.

I have one question - Is there a way to get the Johto+National pokedex early?
I tried PokeSav HGSS ver 0.03a (CloneCharizard) and it has all of the pokedex options greyed out.

:grog: :teach:

DerDa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when buying the moomoo milk i get some weird text when I have to choose whether purchasing one bottle or a dozen

and another idea: you could make the 2 trainers in olivine's gym want to battle

KingPapaya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://imageshack.us...gold321437.png/

This is where the bug happens when I go to the Team Rocket members (I'm not sure who they are though) or Riley. Nothing happens, I can only talk to them. Going to the Pokemon Center wasn't able to help me.
Yeah, Riley shouldn't already be there. In fact, that seems like a flag problem; and yet you must have got Surf or you wouldn't be there. I wonder if you said you HAD got the call from the Lighthouse with the flag fixer (if you needed it), that might have affected something... Otherwise, I can't say I know how that's happening, given I'm pretty sure it sets all the flags in forced areas.

So is there anything that I can do to fix this? Also what phone call from the Lighthouse are you referring to? I got a phone call from Baoba if that is what you are talking about.

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the Baoba call, unless there were some coding changes I wasn't aware of.

Just downloaded this hack, I'll test it tonight. Looks good for now. As for the Mahogany blockade, it should be possible to block off the Rocket HQ instead of the entire town, so that players can catch the Gyarados at Lake of Rage while the gym remains inaccessible.

Finally, my own hack is still coming along very slowly.

EDIT: The special event guide refers to the Complete version as the Full version. Also, you should explicitly state whether the Violet City juggler replaces Primo or not, since I haven't tested that. If Primo is replaced, you need someone else to give out the wallpapers and the Wooper/Mareep/Slugma eggs.

EDIT 2: The instructions for how to patch give a website where HG/SS roms can be found. I thought you were experienced enough to know not to give out links to roms...

EmpError

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi all!

First, I want to thanx for all of your hacks, Drayano! The FireRedOmega was one of the best game, I ever played. (including Dragon Age Origins, Baldur's Gate, Gothic and similars... so rly CG and thank you again!

Reactions: 1 person

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Drain Punch has only 5 PP at base, even though it has 75 power like in BW. In BW, the move has 10 PP at base.

Otherwise, I have not encountered any bugs at all until now :) Very fun to play still!

(BTW: When will the next update be out?)

kidisnice87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the Baoba call, unless there were some coding changes I wasn't aware of.

Just downloaded this hack, I'll test it tonight. Looks good for now. As for the Mahogany blockade, it should be possible to block off the Rocket HQ instead of the entire town, so that players can catch the Gyarados at Lake of Rage while the gym remains inaccessible.

EDIT 2: The instructions for how to patch give a website where HG/SS roms can be found. I thought you were experienced enough to know not to give out links to roms...
That rule only applies to these forums. Not in any docs outside of these forums.

bwburke94

Gotta hack 'em all!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xdelta's really finicky with folder names. You can't use the accented E or periods in them... anyway, it's patched and I'm ready to play!
(Idea for a future update: Restore the all-28-Unown requirement for the Mind Plate, and tie the Draco Plate to Battle Frontier completion somehow.)

And as for the rule on links to roms, it's more of a legal problem than a GBATemp problem.

hitme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the full heal glitch, I believe this happens when you pick up the Electrizer TWICE (or more) on Route 44. So it's a glitch of a glitch.

trollface.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg