ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay, updated it. Apologies for having to bring up a new version so quickly, seems that one bit slipped past me due to the way I was doing the testing.

It also occurred to me the two versions have different Game IDs so the AR document now contains all four of them. Perhaps that's the problem for you, R4ndom?
Yes, it works like a charm. Thanks for the help!

Master_Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thanks for the quick reply. Will start a new file on 1.01 and see how it goes. When you release updates, can I keep my previous save, or will I need to start a new game to avoid potential glitches?

Takren7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I update from 1.0 to 1.01 or 1.02, will that mean I have to start a new game? I'm not really sure how to go about updating the hack without having to start over.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, wait, if you're starting a new game, just wait until I release 1.02 (It'll be a few mins). It guarantees you won't have a problem!

Your saves will work between versions, you just need to repatch the clean ROM each time and make sure the rom and .sav/.dsv file name matches.

edit: Here's 1.02: http://www.mediafire...36b12nd73740f9f

Ryahn, Archall and anyone else afflicted with the Kimono Girl problem, make your way to Olivine Pokemon Center and talk to this woman:

lNTnM.png

edit: OH MY GOD I'M AN IDIOT I UPLOADED THE WRONG PATCH, SG'S CLASSIC VERSION IS NOT A CLASSIC VERSION.

*ahem* I'll fix that... Please bare with me while I sort out my blond moments (I don't even have blond hair!)

double edit: There may not actually be a problem... I am getting really confused here

Reactions: 2 people

iRyahn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I patched it and she isn't in the Olivine Center at all. (Sacred Gold complete version)
You going crazy Dray? :lol:

Edit: Found a glitch while scouting out that Olivine Pokemon Center, lol. When you talk to the women with her back faced towards the entrance she talks, and then she says "All done! It's sure to be a surprise to anyone!" and completely freezes the game at that point. I further tested it just now, and it seems she doesn't glitch if you face her head on but facing her on her sides or behind her will cause the game to completely freeze.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SHE WHAT

I might just go kill myself right now, GODDAMNIT

(Well actually I know what the problem is, BUT STILL)

oh and ty of informing me about the freeze, will get right on that

After I get this damn thing sorted I am taking a breather, this is quite literally driving me crazy and it being 25 degrees Celsius IS NOT HELPING.

Master_Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha. At least the updates are prompt. :) This is probably a dumb question, but my R4 Wood uses .nds.sav by default, although it gives me the option of changing to .sav instead. Is there a better option of the two or is it just preference?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha, honestly, I think I'm doing it too frequently. The initial release of my hacks always seem to have a rocky start like this, though o-o;

Okay, right, I'm PRETTY SURE this should work now. So, let's try this again.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9zcuvs91g6ko68k - Version 1.02, for people who are having problems with Kimono Girl blockades or are starting a New Game. Talk to this woman in the Pokemon Center to fix your flags:

lNTnM.png

(And it's just preference, yeah, I prefer .sav personally but up to you!)

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, honestly, I think I'm doing it too frequently. The initial release of my hacks always seem to have a rocky start like this, though o-o;

Okay, right, I'm PRETTY SURE this should work now. So, let's try this again.

http://www.mediafire...9zcuvs91g6ko68k - Version 1.02, for people who are having problems with Kimono Girl blockades or are starting a New Game. Talk to this woman in the Pokemon Center to fix your flags:

lNTnM.png

(And it's just preference, yeah, I prefer .sav personally but up to you!)
thx Drayano

Gold011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
downloaded this hack, playing it on my dstt properly without freezes, bugs, nothing bad, so, i am at the entrance of union cave in sacred gold, so, if i update to version 1.02, do i have to start all over again, or there is a way to keep my save data from the first version to the new one?
EDIT: i was playing with the very first release

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hi